Suter Signs In Minnesota

Kulstad

Tweeted by Michael Russo(@Russostrib) and Minnesota Star Tribune(@StarTribune):

http://www.startribu.../161345055.html

The #MnWild agrees to terms with Suter, still working on Parise. http://strib.mn/Mx7VAF

Kulstory bro.

I'm happy for Minny. It's a great hockey town that's been waiting a long time to be competitive. Suter adds a lot to their line-up. Hopefully for them, Parise signs there too and they go into next season as somewhat Cup contenders.

He already did?

Oh what? lol late to the news.

That's fantastic for Minny. They won the UFA lottery this year.

Parise along with Heatley and Koivu is a solid top 3. Depths guys like Setoguchi, Clutterbuck, Konopka, and rookie Grunland will round out nicely. If Bouchard can recover from concussion issues, then that's like 3 really good lines for them. Backstrom is also a top 10 goalie in the NHL. Depending on how they gel together, they could be the team to beat this season. I would say they are 3 Dmen and some 4th liners away from being THE team to beat in the conference. They've still got time to fill out their roster before October.

Suter and Parise both went to the Wild. That is insane. Looks like a very tough division now. Over 7.5 mil cap hit unti 2025 for each according to Capgeek. Minnie still has 7 RFA's to sign (2 listed on their main roster Genoway and Falk) and they still have almost 2.9 mil cap space. Oh and they also added Konopka in there for grit. So they are looking at:

Heatley / Koivu / Parise

Brodziak / Granlund / Setoguchi

Bouchard / Cullen / Clutterbuck

Kassian / Konopka / Mitchell

Powe

Suter / Gilbert

Stoner / Scandella

Prosser / Spurgeon

Backstrom

Harding

That is an awesome forward lineup but the D could be stronger. Still a crazy team to play against now. :(

Parise-Koivu-Heatley

Granlund-Cullen-Setoguchi

Bouchard-Brodziak-Clutterbuck

Mitchell-Konopka-Dowell

Veilleux, Powe

Suter-Gilbert

Scandella-Spurgeon

Falk-Kampfer

Stoner

Backstrom-Harding-Hackett

That is a playoff-contending squad. Not to mention their prospects. Defense isn't so great but when you factor in the fact that they'll have Dumba and Brodin in 1 or 2 years....

Even I'm feeling excited as hell and I'm not even a Wild fan! Go figure.

Even I'm feeling excited as hell and I'm not even a Wild fan! Go figure.

this is good for the nw teams now with almost every team becoming better this offseason its a sink or swim division. The Flames having to play against minny/edmonton/colorado and vancouver more times than any other team should keep there competitive juices flowing.

The perfect time to revisit Feaster moving early on Wideman.

Wideman would be most Plan B's right about now!

And also to reflect that a lot of rumours from as far back as late in the season projected this happening.

When Feaster lost out on Richards last year, he had no plan B. This time around, he burned some other teams' plan B early.

Melikes.

I'm guessing Feaster still has another forward target or Hannan-like D target or both, and I realize he has to shed some current players to do so.

I'm worried, Minny is A LOT better now, and Edmonton is a couple moves short from a major growing concern.

Outside of Columbus and Phoenix roster-wise, the West is looking formidable.

Saw part of an interview with minnis owner about the two signings and he flat out said they overpaid...i know they did and why and the fact they had too but just to tell all your fans...terrible public relations.

Saw part of an interview with minnis owner about the two signings and he flat out said they overpaid...i know they did and why and the fact they had too but just to tell all your fans...terrible public relations.

How is it terrible public relations? They signed the top 2 free agents and 2 star players. That is good public relations.

How is it terrible public relations? They signed the top 2 free agents and 2 star players. That is good public relations.

Admitting the best thing to happen in ages isn't as good as one might think is terrible pr. I said nothing about them signing the players being a bad thing. You completely butchered my statement.

Admitting the best thing to happen in ages isn't as good as one might think is terrible pr. I said nothing about them signing the players being a bad thing. You completely butchered my statement.

And to get them to sign they had to overpay. The two issues are linked, you cant separate them. Separating the issues is saying they should have only signed Suter and Parise if the deals were "good."

As said in my first post, you don't admit that stuff. Its disheartening to the fans. We all know they did and why but him showing any sort of lack of confidence is idiotic if he wants to make money.

Actually the owner was showing the organization was dedicated to giving the fans a winning team. Every fan sees it as an overpayment (same as any big name UFA signing) but it was near market value (in fact, lower then other reported offers).

Having both sign with the Wild is an indication players with options (the 2 most sought UFAs this year) see enough in their organization to chose them.

It should give the impression that Minny is a desirable destination for name players & they see a bright future. That is good PR.

Actually the owner was showing the organization was dedicated to giving the fans a winning team. Every fan sees it as an overpayment (same as any big name UFA signing) but it was near market value (in fact, lower then other reported offers).

Having both sign with the Wild is an indication players with options (the 2 most sought UFAs this year) see enough in their organization to chose them.

It should give the impression that Minny is a desirable destination for name players & they see a bright future. That is good PR.

Thats totally beside the fact and completely aside from what I said.

I'm just saying he should have never admitted it was an over payment. Its like feaster telling tsn he over payed for hudler and wideman. Of course any knowledgeable fan realizes both were but unfortunatly atleast 80% of fans aren't knowledgeable. Regardless I would find it kind of upsetting myself. It wasnt a bad signing, I kinda half expect both to under perform, but admitting overpayment makes it look worse to that clueless 80%. Thats all I was saying. I commend the wild but seeing that just struck me as really stupid on the owners behalf.

How about we go for this...

A more diplomatic way of putting it could have perhaps been...

"We knew the players we wanted, and we had to pay the price to get what the team needed, and we welcome Ryan and Zach to the Minnesota Wild"...

How about we go for this...

A more diplomatic way of putting it could have perhaps been...

"We knew the players we wanted, and we had to pay the price to get what the team needed, and we welcome Ryan and Shea to the Minnesota Wild"...

Welcome who?

Thats totally beside the fact and completely aside from what I said.

I'm just saying he should have never admitted it was an over payment. Its like feaster telling tsn he over payed for hudler and wideman. Of course any knowledgeable fan realizes both were but unfortunatly atleast 80% of fans aren't knowledgeable. Regardless I would find it kind of upsetting myself. It wasnt a bad signing, I kinda half expect both to under perform, but admitting overpayment makes it look worse to that clueless 80%. Thats all I was saying. I commend the wild but seeing that just struck me as really stupid on the owners behalf.

Why does it matter that he overpaid? You are saying its bad PR when its not. Bad PR would have been overpaying for players who are not going to make your team better or are not known players. Season tickets sales have sky rocketed in Minnesota since those 2 have signed. This whole bad PR thing is strictly your opinion.

Why does it matter that he overpaid? You are saying its bad PR when its not. Bad PR would have been overpaying for players who are not going to make your team better or are not known players. Season tickets sales have sky rocketed in Minnesota since those 2 have signed. This whole bad PR thing is strictly your opinion.

Holy smokes again you ignore what I'm saying and put words in my mouth. Whatever you win, its impossible to have a legit debate if everything I say is skewed

Archived