• Pens in 7
    • Flyers in 7
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers sweep

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great comeback game for the Flyers. Impressive.

Goalie talk or not, doesn't matter. They can surge back at any moment. Fleury looked weak. What a blow-out.

Giroux was epic, setting a Flyers franchise playoff record for points in one game. I thought those days were gone with the 80s.

Holy crap.

First Schenn, then Couturier.

The young guys give the one finger salute to Crosby and Malkin.

Led by Giroux.

This is a wild one.

I'm sorry, Sidney and Evgeni who?

Tonight was the Claude/Sean show!

I can't believe how many predicted a Pens-Nucks final.

Not saying it won't happen, but I'm stunned seeing just how many picked it.

Unlike every other pro sport, hockey is never predictable, you've gotta make a guess, the obvious never wins.

Bos-St Loo is me.

Between Pit and Van, I think the Pens are in the worse position. Philly is showing that it doesn't matter what the score is, nothing is taking the wind out of their sail.

It's amazing they can tie it and lose the lead 30 seconds later and there is zero negative reaction.

Anyone care to take a shot at describing WHY Philly's up 2-0, in hockey terms?

I'm reaching the conclusion that they just hate the Pens more and live and breath to see them die.

Where's Zirak? C'mon man, you can't just show up only when you win. I'd love to know your thoughts.

Wow - the Pens need some toughness.

Crosby and Malkin are literally beat up and pushed around. Sullivan looks like Mini-Mouse out there. If I was Shero I would be calling Feaster right now to talk Iggy. That team needs some changes.

Flyers got it in the bag now...

Crosby and Malkin are literally beat up and pushed around.

As were Giroux, Schenn, Couturier & Read. Except those in O&B stood up to the challenge.

Some strange pairings in the fights. Timonen vs Letang. Crosby vs Giroux.

Adams pulling Hartnell's hair reminded me of last year's SCP.

Asham used to be a player but his attack on Schenn lost him the final shred of respect I still had for him.

Shanny got more thrown onto his plate after this game. I'm worried about reading the suspension & injury reports after this battle.

Regardless, Flyers lead the series 3-0. :D

I still feel the Pengies aren't done. I'm worried that if they're on the losing end they'll be headhunting to try to stop the Flyers advancing.

:rolleyes: Wow... You must really hate Iggy... :lol:

Besides... I though Iggy was getting too old to be any good... ;)

2 years ago he would have gotten a Tyler Seguin a young #1 C.

A year ago he would have gotten Simmonds and Schenn.

Now we are talking a good two-way C.

He is steadily depreciating but he still is a good player, he turns 35 on July 1 and remains one of the most consistent players in NHL history. I never said he didn't have value but it should be clear how he has depreciated.

? That's a balanced trade the fits the goals of both teams and Igg'y goal to go to a team in Cup window ?

Oh well, the other benefit might be is that the whole NHL doesn't have to hear Crosby and Malkin whine so much either...

As were Giroux, Schenn, Couturier & Read. Except those in O&B stood up to the challenge.

Some strange pairings in the fights. Timonen vs Letang. Crosby vs Giroux.

Adams pulling Hartnell's hair reminded me of last year's SCP.

Asham used to be a player but his attack on Schenn lost him the final shred of respect I still had for him.

Shanny got more thrown onto his plate after this game. I'm worried about reading the suspension & injury reports after this battle.

Regardless, Flyers lead the series 3-0. :D

I still feel the Pengies aren't done. I'm worried that if they're on the losing end they'll be headhunting to try to stop the Flyers advancing.

Series is in the bag. What is it 3 teams in all of NHL history have come back from the 3-0 deficit and I certainly don't see the Pens being able to do it by the way they are losing these games.

Series is in the bag. What is it 3 teams in all of NHL history have come back from the 3-0 deficit and I certainly don't see the Pens being able to do it by the way they are losing these games.

If I remember correctly, you are right... Only 3 teams have done it, out of 164 opportunities when down 3 - 0 in the playoffs...

If I remember correctly, you are right... Only 3 teams have done it, out of 164 opportunities when down 3 - 0 in the playoffs...

Yeah. Leafs in the '40s (the 1 I didn't see), Isles in the '70s & the 2010 Flyers.

Anyone else remember Mario decrying the state of the NHL with all the dirty plays & how he'd have to think about whether he wanted to continue being involved? Well Mario you saw your team today. Are they all being traded or are you selling the Pens. Anything else reeks of hypocrisy.

Yeah. Leafs in the '40s (the 1 I didn't see), Isles in the '70s & the 2010 Flyers.

Anyone else remember Mario decrying the state of the NHL with all the dirty plays & how he'd have to think about whether he wanted to continue being involved? Well Mario you saw your team today. Are they all being traded or are you selling the Pens. Anything else reeks of hypocrisy.

Mario is a hypocrite, he made that statement, and yet Cooke still got all his shifts and a green light to play dirty.

It is awesome to see the Flyers dominate like this. Arrogant teams need a fall. The Flyers are beating them in every single aspect of the game. Speed, skill, physicality, everything.

the playoffs are the best time of the year, even if my, (and yours also, Flames fans,) team isn't there, the level of competition is unbelievable.

this rough series makes my long for the old BoA, when it was the best hockey, I want that back.

I didn't see the Leafs games live either... But I remember the other two series... :lol:

Mario has proven himself to be not so super...

The rest of the team, including Sid (who's pure talent level I respect)... Have proven themselves to be no better than the nucks of the East...

Crosby is his own worst enemy. "I don't like any of their players".

You're the captain man, put that &%^$ away and play hard.

You win with honour and you lose with honour, cut the bs.

You're acting like a baby, and your team needs a man to be their captain, put the flipping soapbox away already.

Fleury is looking every ounce of the over-rated goalie that I've always considered him to be. When fast is your sole asset, you aren't a great goalie in my books when you suck at all of the other parameters.

It's only 6' x 4', you've gotta keep it covered, they aren't soccer nets. Stay deep, at least, if you're so fast.

Mario had a point, but he can't control what his team does on the ice. I find more problems with the current players who criticize how its played but do nothing to shy away from playing that way themselves. I think you know who I'm talking about. I was actually going for the Pens to start, not anymore.

Archived