Louis23

Let's reverse incentives. Loser gets first draft :)

But than the Oilers might make a habit of playing with 4 men on the ice without a penalty. They also might just keep their goalie pulled (but that might actually be an improvement from their recent play)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

141203-_OILERS_03_18299987.jpg

That's the 1.

Thanks.

Is it wrong that I actually feel sorry for Oiler fans? No fan base needs the gong show which is going on in Edmonton right now. I've said it 1000 times, until Lowe is relieved of his duties the Oilers will be bottom dwellers.

I think the word is pity.

Good fans getting used by rotten management.

Most hockey fans feel bad for the Oilers fans.

Is it wrong that I actually feel sorry for Oiler fans? No fan base needs the gong show which is going on in Edmonton right now. I've said it 1000 times, until Lowe is relieved of his duties the Oilers will be bottom dwellers.

If you aren't enjoying every second of Edmonton's misery your not a real Flames fan!!

I can't remember a team being more overhyped for as long as the Oilers were. I had a serious debate with a hardcore Oiler fan about how the worst thing they decided to do was accept a losing culture during a rebuild of all things. They've crowned too many prospects before allowing them to fully develop at the NHL level. Now they've got $18 mill allocated to 3 players, Yakupok and the coveted J.Schultz are struggling mightily and now poor Leon is being developed in the same toxic environment. Something is wrong with the locker room and management. Next up? Back to backs with the Sharks and Ducks...they either lose the next 4 and break the losing streak record and maybe big changes take place or this is where they turn things around and pull off a series of big upsets...which is not bloody likely to actually happen with this team lol

Is that a live video?  Maybe they should send Eakins up there to see if he is okay.

DesertedWelldocumentedIndochinahogdeer.g

Watching the OT goal unfold right before his eyes to make it an 11 game losing streak...

...oh and by the way...........yes........this is a video, not a picture.

Is that a live video?  Maybe they should send Eakins up there to see if he is okay.

DesertedWelldocumentedIndochinahogdeer.g

Watching the OT goal unfold right before his eyes to make it an 11 game losing streak...

...oh and by the way...........yes........this is a video, not a picture.

He fell asleep then suddenly wakes up shouting "Ducks and beavers!"

In the 2014-15 regular season to date the Edmonton Oilers have a 0-12-4 record against the Western Conference.

As a result it is almost like they never existed & the teams that have played them have been awarded phantom points which artificially inflate their point totals as well as their standings within the Western Conference.

Let's take a look at the real standings after taking away these phantom points:

NoEDM14-12-03_zps4dc1e98c.jpg

As you can see, Nashville (3 GP) & especially Vancouver (4 GP) are vastly overrated due to their heavy dependency on the "easy 2 points" when playing Edmonton.

I am definitely hoping Edmonton can turn it around back to respectability and start taking away these wins from our mortal enemies. Combined with the continuation of Calgary's dominance over the Oilers, we can then know with certainty that our Flames are in their rightful place in the standings ahead of these overrated Oil-feasting teams.

B)

The press conference was a huge mistake for MacT, especially answering questions. No changes.

MacT was very nervous, had no issue passing blame on everyone else. Always contradicted himself, core is good but still learning. Core is good, but don't play competitive enough, core is good but need to be leaders, core is good but constant bad mistakes. Overall core is rotten are we are sticking with them. He really got upset with Spector LOL, great questioning than he just like the Oiler's with a lead had a verbal melt down.

Well it kind of reminded me of "Ground Hog Day".  The Oil took a look at the standings and declared 8 more years of 1OA picks and no playoffs.  Can't wait to watch the score board at night end for the results of their back to back games coming up with SJ and ANA.

Oilers have called a news conference for today... so what do you guys think is going to happen?

My crystal ball says Eakins is gone. MacT will assume coaching duties along with GM for the rest of the season.

It disgusts me that this team is going to tank again to get another top 3 pick.  I hope they overhaul the draft lottery to stop anything like this from happening again.  

Draft lottery somewhat overhauled. These changes will hopefully eliminate the tanking for a 1st overall pick.

Theoretically it would be possible in 2016 for the worst 3 teams to pick 4th-6th.

2016 NHL Draft Lottery

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

By posting this I am not insinuating the Oilers are tanking in any shape or form.

Maybe they are just bad and it can't be helped. The old I've fallen & can't get up syndrome.

Archived