2024 Free Agency

44 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I'd do:

Kuzmenko-Kadri-Mantha

Huberdeau-Zary-Sharangovich

Coleman-Backlund-Coronato

Pelletier-Pospisil-Lomberg

Rooney

while I may line this up differently, that’s the nice thing it’s a flexible line up and while Not star studded it’s respectable.

3 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

So far the only miss I see from Conroy is Lomberg, low $$$ and cap hit for 2 years but seems like a unnecessary player.

seems like they are trying to force Shar and Zary to Ctr with Mantha and Lomberg for either wing.

the big question is Kylington..like the Bean situation 100% he’s a PP QB D so definitely seems

like Kylington is leaving?

Kylington was not close in the offer from either side, so they may, as they say, circle back.

Lombo is another of the heart guys like Coleman.

Doesn't just play a shift.

I don't want him out there fighting, but he will take on anything.

I don't think he's taking away a deserving kid's spot.

He will fire them up and maybe we lose a boring, less committed player.

Sharky was already playing C and they wanted Zary at C.

The opportunity was not really there until after season was toast.

The coach suggested that it's very tough to be a rookie C in the league.

Let's take a breath and see what lines and this roster looks by camp.

It may not be close to done.

And it's not really win now, just compete now.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Kylington was not close in the offer from either side, so they may, as they say, circle back.

Lombo is another of the heart guys like Coleman.

Doesn't just play a shift.

I don't want him out there fighting, but he will take on anything.

I don't think he's taking away a deserving kid's spot.

He will fire them up and maybe we lose a boring, less committed player.

Sharky was already playing C and they wanted Zary at C.

The opportunity was not really there until after season was toast.

The coach suggested that it's very tough to be a rookie C in the league.

Let's take a breath and see what lines and this roster looks by camp.

It may not be close to done.

And it's not really win now, just compete now.

To this end, I’m surprised a bit that few Ctrs have been signed, out side of

Monahan and Jost (winger/Ctr) there are a few bigger (not star elites) but definitely good 2nd line Ctrs not signed and we probably should be look at one of them

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

To this end, I’m surprised a bit that few Ctrs have been signed, out side of

Monahan and Jost (winger/Ctr) there are a few bigger (not star elites) but definitely good 2nd line Ctrs not signed and we probably should be look at one of them

Was a pretty slim crop of C.

Wasn't really interested in anyine over 31.

I think we have to weed out a bit perhaps.

Figure out what kind of team we want to be.

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Don’t love it because it confirms they want to get this back to the playoffs as quick as possible. No rebuild. Not that I’m surprised. 

It’s ok for the player. I don’t think we will love how the deal ages though. 

I was hoping we move him at TDL... 30-G scorer could fetch a 1st for next year's draft which seems good by all accounts.

Just now, The_People1 said:

I was hoping we move him at TDL... 30-G scorer could fetch a 1st for next year's draft which seems good by all accounts.

Was getting out around the draft and Few insiders ..Calgary goal is to develop the kids but at the same time hard push at the playoff wildcard.. they won't be purposely accepting a no playoff year .not willing to move roster players , which I have to assume included Anderson, to get the #6 from Utah backs that up 

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

Again over paid for borderline talent. Not a big enough deal to get upset over.

Looks like $2-mil-aav... Bigger deal than $1-mil.  

But it's going to be a long season and we want positivity in the room.  Not that we lack cap space to do what we want or anything.

Just now, phoenix66 said:

Was getting out around the draft and Few insiders ..Calgary goal is to develop the kids but at the same time hard push at the playoff wildcard.. they won't be purposely accepting a no playoff year .not willing to move roster players , which I have to assume included Anderson, to get the #6 from Utah backs that up 

This is an odd year for our picks.

The only way we keep the pick away from MTL is if it's top 10 and FLA is not.

We place in or just outside the playoffs, they get the better of our and FLA picks.

We may be a basement team this year, but two in a row is not how we roll.

1 minute ago, pikey7883 said:

What would you guys think of a line of:

Lomberg-Zary-Coronato?

I doubt we're pushing Lomberg to be a top 6.

I should just mention here, I'm sure everyone would agree Quenneville and Maurice are great coaches. Lomberg played most every game for them (when healthy).

Who are we again? That he's just a scrub?

He is an ignition source as a teammate. Both of those coaches knew it.

3 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

We'll see what else the Flames do from here.  Andersson and Sharangovich keeps us around pick 5-10 next year instead of top 5.  To me, might as well pick top 5.  

6 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I should just mention here, I'm sure everyone would agree Quenneville and Maurice are great coaches. Lomberg played most every game for them (when healthy).

I can see him being used to insulate Pospisil.. he unfortunately instigates a lot of retaliation that his concussion history can't back up ..Lomberg buffers thst a bit 

5 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

We'll see what else the Flames do from here.  Andersson and Sharangovich keeps us around pick 5-10 next year instead of top 5.  To me, might as well pick top 5.  

I think this is a bottom five team.

I believe in Wolf. But Wolf/Vladar/Cooley isn't exactly a strength in net. 

The Flames have a bottom ten, maybe bottom five blueline.

Maybe I'm being too hard on them, but this certainly looks like a bottom ten team. Who are they better than? SJ, CHI, maybe MTL. 

7 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Maybe I'm being too hard on them, but this certainly looks like a bottom ten team. Who are they better than? SJ, CHI, maybe MTL. 

I would not say this team is better than Mlt…but I tend to agree, this is a bottom 5-10 team, its being built much like Dal, where it’s trending towards a good young team that could sneak in but probably won’t.

im not sure if this is Conroy’s way of disguising a rebuild with an effort on some ok players…definitely seems like a transitional team from old to young…being phased in over the next 2-3 years with some emphasis on being semi-competitive 

if they were really trying the would have had a guy like Roslovic or Wenneberg signed probably the best options for Ctr if you were pushing to be a playoff team and lack in that area which we do.

12 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Ya and with Sharangovich, he is Conroy's first trade and first win... There's some politics to keep winning.  It's now Sharangovich at $5.75 x 5 vs Toffoli at $6 x 4.  

9 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I can see him being used to insulate Pospisil.. he unfortunately instigates a lot of retaliation that his concussion history can't back up ..Lomberg buffers thst a bit 

Honestly, what do you want your 4th line to do? Play 0-0 hockey and eat up some minutes.

He's missed a total of 7 games under 2 years of Paul Maurice. All at the end of this year, and missed a healthy dose of the playoffs from said injury.

So...who are we again? lol Seriously laughable.

I LOVE that he's back. Both Conroy and Huska know what he is.

Works for me. He's a firecracker on and off the ice.

Every team needs one.

28 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Sorry I wasn’t suggesting pushing lomberg up as much as creating an energy line. I’m hopeful for a more even balanced four lines. Whichever line is rolling is getting more playing time on a a game by game basis. I want Zary and Coronato to embody some of the intensity that Lomberg brings.

• Like 1