2024 Free Agency

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

This is actually a pretty frustrating deal. You’re going to have a hard time convincing me one of their AHL d men can’t give you this type of results. Exact type of move Conroy said he didn’t like 

if the prospect is ready, can bury Bean easily, especially if we aren't close to the Cap it doesn't matter. I get the distaste just if we were close to the cap limit it would be a head scratcher.

I do think one of the harder jobs a NHL GM has is transitioning from a rebuild or builder into a contender. Understanding your timing and your next move isn’t easy. 

I think Fitzgerald is really missing the boat here. 

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

if the prospect is ready, can bury Bean easily, especially if we aren't close to the Cap it doesn't matter. I get the distaste just if we were close to the cap limit it would be a head scratcher.

while all potentially true it doesn’t make it make sense. especially as he’s over the minimum and signed for 2 years 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

while all potentially true it doesn’t make it make sense. especially as he’s over the minimum and signed for 2 years 

Reminds me a bit of the Rooney signing at the time.  Dollar and term.  Stuck with dead cap if they send him to the AHL.

Just now, travel_dude said:

Reminds me a bit of the Rooney signing at the time.  Dollar and term.  Stuck with dead cap if they send him to the AHL.

Rooney filled a need at least. Bean doesnt. 

Kuzmenko-Kadri-Mantha

Huberdeau-Zary-Sharangovich

Pospisil-Backlund-Coleman

Pelletier-Rooney-Coronato

Hunt

Weegar-Miromanov

Bahl-Andersson

Bean-Pachal

Hanley

Vladar

Wolf

I like the Matha deal, don't like the addition of Bean.

Personally I would've waited a couple of months into the season before extending Sharangovich longterm.

And pretty happy we didn't get DeBrusk, always thought the guy was overrated.

3 minutes ago, manu12 said:

I like the Matha deal, don't like the addition of Bean.

Personally I would've waited a couple of months into the season before extending Sharangovich longterm.

And pretty happy we didn't get DeBrusk, always thought the guy was overrated.

DeBrusk isn't overrated. Just ask him. lol

Calgary is in a great position to turn cap space into assets now. Teams went and spent like crazy so far today and put themselves into cap trouble. Calgary can “help” them out taking bad contracts and picking up picks and prospects at the same time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

Calgary is in a great position to turn cap space into assets now. Teams went and spent like crazy so far today and put themselves into cap trouble. Calgary can “help” them out taking bad contracts and picking up picks and prospects at the same time.

I would take a prospect or maybe a guy sitting as a RFA.

To your point, I think Connie is looking at the fools and waiting to call.

I think it's rather funny that VAN took a huge swing at Lindholm and gave away a ton, and essentially did it to get Debrusk, while BOS sat in the weeds and only let Debrusk go, escaping a huge overpay.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I would take a prospect or maybe a guy sitting as a RFA.

To your point, I think Connie is looking at the fools and waiting to call.

Toronto, Washington, Vancouver and Boston are probably going to have UFA hangovers tomorrow, and need to shed cap.