2024 Free Agency

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

I would have waited to see if he repeats to make that signing, but it’s not terrible.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

Yup close to what Monahan got.

what I meant by saying this... just a bit above Monahan got

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

I would have waited to see if he repeats to make that signing, but it’s not terrible.

Don’t love it because it confirms they want to get this back to the playoffs as quick as possible. No rebuild. Not that I’m surprised. 

It’s ok for the player. I don’t think we will love how the deal ages though. 

• Like 1

Cooley is an ok goalie but it’s an awkward situation the flames were looking to fill. Your kind of competing for an NHL job but not really. Wasn’t going to lead to a lot of options imo. 

and remember if you don’t like it well we all die someday. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Cooley is an ok goalie but it’s an awkward situation the flames were looking to fill. Your kind of competing for an NHL job but not really. Wasn’t going to lead to a lot of options imo. 

and remember if you don’t like it well we all die someday. 

sounds like he has some upside. If he makes the team bury Vladar the minors, or Wolf might need an extra year up and down if he isn't ready for NHL ( I'm not of the mind he is not ready though). Or Cooley plays AHL and they have a guy they can switch for Vladar the next year...

but if he has the upside the Fan guys are talking, they have goalie people telling them Cooley could be a good future goalie, it could be a good long term signing/ 

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

sounds like he has some upside. If he makes the team bury Vladar the minors, or Wolf might need an extra year up and down if he isn't ready for NHL ( I'm not of the mind he is not ready though). Or Cooley plays AHL and they have a guy they can switch for Vladar the next year...

but if he has the upside the Fan guys are talking, they have goalie people telling them Cooley could be a good future goalie, it could be a good long term signing/ 

in think it’s unlikely there is upside here. 

but he feels a unique role at the right price so I’m happy with it 

Just now, cross16 said:

in think it’s unlikely there is upside here. 

but he feels a unique role at the right price so I’m happy with it 

they're talking more raw tools. 

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Good signing for term, just can never figure out how they manage the cap.  Holland was bad, but he always managed to stay within it.  I'm not sure how Brown's bonus fits in, but it's not cheap.  Add to that the dead cap for couple buyouts.  Last year of the Neal anchor.  They need to get creative.