Stanley Cup Final

5 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I don’t see it with Florida right now.

Been really rough for them, going back to 3rd period of game 3. Fallen behind 2-0 in three straight games.

The game is half over and they have 3, no 5 SOG.  A pee wee team would have a chance to beat them playing like this.

8 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Can’t say I would feel all that bad for Tkachuk if FLA has the greatest collapse in NHL history 

I don't like the idea of the Oilers doing the deed, we'll never hear the end of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I don’t see McDavid losing a game 7 for the Cup.

It would be the greatest comeback in NHL history.

Tied for the greatest.  42 Leafs did the same.

1 minute ago, cberg said:

Tied for the greatest.  42 Leafs did the same.

Different game back then. Only two

rounds of playoffs. Impressive, but the size and speed of the modern day players. Both teams have played 100 games. Really hard to do.

3 minutes ago, sak22 said:

I don't like the idea of the Oilers doing the deed, we'll never hear the end of it.

I don’t want to see it happen. But I think it’s gonna.

in the event it does, I won’t feel sad for #19 though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I don’t want to see it happen. But I think it’s gonna.

in the event it does, I won’t feel sad for #19 though. 

I guess we'll see, Edmonton has played with nothing to gain and everything to lose, now its everything to gain and everything to lose.  

• Like 1

This sets up a very interesting game 7.  History is on FLA's side 204-4 (something like that 204 number) where a team has lead a series 3-0 and won/lost.  Momentum is on the Oilers side.  All of a sudden the Oilers are the team that is expected to win.  It's gonna be a heartbreaker for one of these two teams.

One result has the world returning to normal.  One has the world upside down.

1g1o85.gif

Impressive stretch from Edmonton. Had a three goal lead in the last three games.

They've done a good job at getting leads and then building on them. Also think they've done a good job at limiting the quality of Panther chances

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

This sets up a very interesting game 7.  History is on FLA's side 204-4 (something like that 204 number) where a team has lead a series 3-0 and won/lost.  Momentum is on the Oilers side.  All of a sudden the Oilers are the team that is expected to win.  It's gonna be a heartbreaker for one of these two teams.

One result has the world returning to normal.  One has the world upside down.

1g1o85.gif

Those 204 teams didn't have a McDavid though

When LA made the comeback on SJ in 2014, I remember Doughty see the look of panic in the eyes of the Sharks after game 5 or 6, I can't exactly remember.

That's what we are seeing with the Panthers. Look at the shots of Zito and Maurice. The Panthers are a rattled group.

In a lot of ways, Florida is fortunate that they get to play a game 7. Edmonton has been the better team this series and they've dominated the last 10 periods.

Sucks to say but I have a hard time seeing the Oilers losing game 7. Maybe Florida gets some energy from the crowd and can get the first goal. Part of what is making the oilers look so good is their early leads where they can go into a shell.  If the Panthers can get a lead maybe they can get the oilers to loosen up the d coverage. 

but the Panthers game has to come up so much and they do look rattled. Said it after game 5 they don’t have an answer and it looked that way in game 6 too. 

They could have taken the crowd out of the game with a single goal.

It might have even rattled the Oilers.

Three goals on 3 odd man rushes.

The first was the D falling when behind the goal scorer.

The 2nd was a sleeper and a blind icing pass that left a guy alone.

The third was trying to put the puck on net instead of a simple puck to the corner.

A simple blown goal on an offside made the 3rd goal inevitable.

2 goals was possible to come back from.

But really, the need to score first.