Stanley Cup Final

Just now, sak22 said:

God I hope so.  I need a vacation from these stupid commercials.  I stopped caring about that guy who’s at the hockey game and the grocery store last round.  Add in 2 day breaks each game.  

Bwahaha. I couldn't just leave the haha icon. You're effing hilarious. What's with the overdub on his voice? That's not his voice. It's just pathetic. "...I'm at the combination"....holy Blockchain you folks must think we live in trailers down by the river. Just wow.

The Subaru commercial? "I"ve heard that it can carry 2 canoes on it's back".

What...and I mean this in the most Christian way...in the dying Blockchain?

1 minute ago, rocketdoctor said:

How was that not knee on knee?

Nurse should be gone for the night.

However probably Oilers worse with him still on the ice

Florida's PP is a bit jumbled, but they almost scored.

Bad pinch and they get beat by Brown and Janmark?

Goal goes off the sprawling player.

loved seeing Chucky and Benny in the box. Good ol’ vintage “piss and vinegar” 😁

Florida saw a desperate team show up tonight. Cats thought it was in the bag… get it? lol.

I hope Edmonton runs up the score some more so they think they’re invincible for next game 😎

Did I see a panthers mascot in the stands? “Hunter” was his name? 😸

Go Panthers go! 

On 6/12/2024 at 10:55 AM, The_People1 said:

There is no CET problem in soccer.  Not sure what you are talking about.

Bubble wrap.  It's not expensive.

maybe not “problem” but they are talking about it. They have found CTE in former soccer players and it’s sparking some debate on heading. 

13 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Great. 3 more days of, "the Oilers are the most resilient team that ever resilientated".

Florida may just as well acquiesce from here on out.

And those flags, @travel_dude. Aaaaaaallllll summer. lol

Fly your stupid single car flags if you like, but the idiots driving trucks seem to think that having 4 massive flags flapping on the 4 corners of you stupid truck makes you a better fan.  It just makes you an annoyance and a safety hazard.  

2 day breaks between each of the next 3 games?  What idiot came up with that?  

FLA lost the game before McD even got a single point.  Nurse gets the 5-1 goal when he should have been watching from the dressing room.  This game was more like game 1 without Bob standing on his head.  FLA should be pumped up to win at home.  Expect more of a game 2 feel.  

7 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

If I’m being honest…i think Fla threw the last game so they could Win on home ice.  

guess we shall see..?!

I don't think they threw it, I don't think anyone would play an extra game if they don't have to or risk having to go back.  I would say it just snowballed on them, hit 2 posts on a PP and 15 seconds later they give up a shorty.  At 2-1 Skinner makes his best save of the series and the Oilers add on shortly after that, every mistake Florida made from then on wound up in the net, much like it did for Edmonton in game 3.  I would rather lose a clinching game in a blow out than a close game. 

1 hour ago, MP5029 said:

If I’m being honest…i think Fla threw the last game so they could Win on home ice.  

guess we shall see..?!

42 minutes ago, sak22 said:

I don't think they threw it, I don't think anyone would play an extra game if they don't have to or risk having to go back.  I would say it just snowballed on them, hit 2 posts on a PP and 15 seconds later they give up a shorty.  At 2-1 Skinner makes his best save of the series and the Oilers add on shortly after that, every mistake Florida made from then on wound up in the net, much like it did for Edmonton in game 3.  I would rather lose a clinching game in a blow out than a close game. 

You have a desperate team against a team knowing they have 4 chances to win one game.  Nurse not getting 5 and a game set the tone for the game.  Instead of having 5 minutes to score, they have 2 and push a play that wasn't really there.  That gave the home crowd life.  Not scoring right after that set them back.

Once they were back to 2-1, they risked it a bit too soon and a depth player gets a rush.

FLA just needs to get back to their game and not let EDM get any momentum.  Maybe don't take 3 penalties to EDM's none.

10 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

there are a lot of fan boys in the Oiler media.

When Staples writes on the Oilers it is pure comedy, not his intentions but it is hard to believe he is a real human being and paid journalist.  He is of the mold that every team gets away with 30 infractions, and dives all game, while the Oilers play 100% honest game, and deserve zero penalties.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cberg said:

Yes, but I think it is more the aggressiveness of the Oilers.

Edmonton has a great penalty kill.

But for FLA, shorthanded goals are absolute backbreakers. Two games in a row, they've got the first PP of the game and end up trailing.