Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

4 minutes ago, cberg said:

Could be a great short and long-term C for the Flames.  What could we offer that Ottawa might be interested in?  How about Anderson?

Ottawa has to forfeit their 1st either in 2025 or 2026. So Vegas’ 1st in 2026 might be enticing. I do think they want roster players, I am not sure they will get that.

Any deal with the Flames would have to include a long term extension if we move Andersson or the 1st.

I don’t except the Sens to ask for picks I think they’ll want help now. I think a trade surrounding Anderson and Pinto the most logical place to start. 

wouldn’t be a player I would be aggressive after but if the package is right I’d be interested. Wouldn’t move picks for him. 

also be surprised if he ends up moving. Trade request is likely a negotiation tactic 

20 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

Do you think Colorado would consider a trade like this:

Kuzmenko (50% retained) for

Nichuskin and 2016 1st?

Helps them fill a top 6 role and helps them with cap space.

We take a flyer on Nuke finding chemistry with Naz again?

Wasn't he suspended from the league?

For the Player Assistance debacle.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Wasn't he suspended from the league?

For the Player Assistance debacle.

Yeah 6 month suspension and yes in the player assistance program. He is eligible to be playing hockey in November again, just curious if this is a high risk high reward move that Calgary would consider? Currently I don’t think Colorado can even bring him back and for under the cap.

12 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

Yeah 6 month suspension and yes in the player assistance program. He is eligible to be playing hockey in November again, just curious if this is a high risk high reward move that Calgary would consider? Currently I don’t think Colorado can even bring him back and for under the cap.

COL has big cap problems.  I would love to snag Nich, but his last two years he showed as being a bit of a douchebad.  I'm not sold that it's all on him but there are some signs.  Wouldn't do Kadri for it though.  Lose a top C for a winger.

Conroy made mention to it today, but there are a lot of teams that spent a lot of money today, and he is available to help them out with cap space.

I would be calling around offering to “help” teams out. Hey Trotzy, we would love to take that Cody Glass contract off your hands, just throw us one of those 2nd round picks for next year and you have yourself a deal.

• Like 1

The Blues landed Radek Faksa for future considerations and Mathieu Joseph and a 2025 3rd for future considerations.

I am fine with not taking on those players as they would have added to the back log of forwards and the return wasn’t good enough to help the Flames.

Nice work by Armstrong and the Blues though. Two guys that will help their bottom 6 and make them much tougher to play against.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JTech780 said:

The Blues landed Radek Faksa for future considerations and Mathieu Joseph and a 2025 3rd for future considerations.

I am fine with not taking on those players as they would have added to the back log of forwards and the return wasn’t good enough to help the Flames.

Nice work by Armstrong and the Blues though. Two guys that will help their bottom 6 and make them much tougher to play against.

Trade Kyrou is always my shot at him. Not a Kyrou fan. Send him to Torts. lol I'm sure that would go well.

I wouldn't rather have Brian Elliott though, as an example.