GDT - Flames @ Flyers; 06 January 2024; 11am MST; SN All Regions; FAN960

22 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Always. I played net from 13 onwards. It's been that way always. Guys turning into the boards is suicide.

Yeah a little short term pain vs. serious and potentially career or life threatening incident.  I guess the latter is the better career choice these days who would've thought.  It was Elias Lindholm of all people.

• Like 1

Just now, conundrumed said:

I can't see Kylington being back this season myself.

Well, he is on a conditioning stint, so that means he's cleared by the NHL thingy.

He can only be there 2 weeks max IIRC.

Then they would need to either waive him or place him on the active roster.

I admit this part is a little fuzzy for me.

Usually when the player comes back he ends up playing soon after.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Flames have been pretty poor today. This is probably the biggest mirage win streak I can remember for a while. Finding ways to win but their game doesn’t look good right now 

Lots of jump to start but melted into really scrambly. Konecny alone has had about 6 high danger chances. I know he's a good player, but you're supposed to defend against the other team's most dangerous player. Everything just looks out of sync and too many lazy turnovers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Lots of jump to start but melted into really scrambly. Konecny alone has had about 6 high danger chances. I know he's a good player, but you're supposed to defend against the other team's most dangerous player. Everything just looks out of sync and too many lazy turnovers.

the defending is for sure the most concerning. I’m not sure I can point to something there doing well there. Philly has a lot of open ice to skate into today 

Kadri isn't right. Something's up imho. He isn't moving fast and he's making lazy plays. Either ill or injured. He's looked off all game. He's had 2 solid scoring chances and looked like slo-mo. D clears and that last play he forced, he just doesn't look himself.

4 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

So whats the repercussions of dropping your gloves after the final whistle?

Nice of the linesmen to worry only about big bad Huberdeau, allowing standup gentleman Laughton the chance to defend himself.

11 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Not a good effort for me. I thought the flames gave the flyers way too much ice and space and really didn’t challenge them at any point. Markstrom is the only reason this was close. 

Stopped playing after the first period.

Markstrom was the only reason it was a one goal game.

Every goal was a resuit of poor play in frint of him.

I didn't like the Couts goal, but how many times do you give the puck away.