GDT - Flames @ Golden Knights; 12-December-2023; 8pm MDT; SN all channels

conundrumed

11 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

You'll be shocked to learn that I don't make these decisions, but if I did, I'd play Coronato in tonight.

Love.

Yeah I was just working it in for now...buuut....gyazo is telling me that I'm played out.lol

See if I can work around that when you tell me what you told Huska!!

43 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

You'll be shocked to learn that I don't make these decisions, but if I did, I'd play Coronato in tonight.

Love.

You would shocked in learning that I believe there are many better options on Kadri's line than Dube.  Last night was a poor game from some of the forwards, but I wouldn't say that Dube accentuated the Kadri line.  I saw a lot of falling down.  A lot of broken plays.  If you are running Mangiapane on that line, put in a bigger guy on RW or at least one that doesn't get knocked over.

I may sound a bit like I am picking on Dube.  I have the same criticisms for Mangiapane, but he was looking better last night.  I tried to look for positive plays from that line and Dube wasn't normally doing it.  If you have a different take, I would love to be corrected.  

• conundrumed changed the title to GDT - Flames @ Golden Knights; 12-December-2023; 8pm MDT; SN Nationwide
2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Might want to change the title to T-Mobile, not Nationwide.  I doubt Vegas has cannons that scare Johnny G.

Yup. I mean nation wide it's being carried on all SN channels. I took the autofill on the title and forgot to edit team.lol

Then Gyazo decided 10 screen captures were enough for a day so cut me off from adding stats data, which I learned CapFriendly does quite well on their matchup page.

But gyazo got tired of my act...I kind of screwed up by playing around.🤪

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/matchup/flames-vs-golden-knights-odds-121223-176803

• conundrumed changed the title to GDT - Flames @ Golden Knights; 12-December-2023; 8pm MDT; SN all channels
47 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Yup. I mean nation wide it's being carried on all SN channels. I took the autofill on the title and forgot to edit team.lol

Then Gyazo decided 10 screen captures were enough for a day so cut me off from adding stats data, which I learned CapFriendly does quite well on their matchup page.

But gyazo got tired of my act...I kind of screwed up by playing around.🤪

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/matchup/flames-vs-golden-knights-odds-121223-176803

Ooof.  I noticed the "Nationwide" when I saw we were playing the Kraken.

My brain couldn't handle the error and shut down.

Deeds always mentions Gyzo but I use what works for me.

If I am russian, I use copy and paste from the Flames site or wherever. 

There's enough content on the 5 things story usually, except maybe the other team starting lineup.

BTW, good job on the GDT.  

The number of people that create is very small, so thanks for stepping up.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Ooof.  I noticed the "Nationwide" when I saw we were playing the Kraken.

My brain couldn't handle the error and shut down.

Deeds always mentions Gyzo but I use what works for me.

If I am russian, I use copy and paste from the Flames site or wherever. 

There's enough content on the 5 things story usually, except maybe the other team starting lineup.

BTW, good job on the GDT.  

The number of people that create is very small, so thanks for stepping up.

I made a spreadsheet linked to stats from the NHL, it's nice when I don't do a thread for 8 games, like this time, because then I can see when I copy and then refresh the copy how everyone has trended side x side. In this case, 8 games. Only Coleman and Zery showed decent forward motion. Hanafin, Andersson and Sharangovich were okay, like avg maybe. But damn our player stats in general are atrocious.

So while I like that part, the disappointment I don't like so much.

But yeah, copy and paste.lol I had a little too much going on to focus for any length of time.

I think Zary is better off with Kadri, since they play the same way.

Mangiapane was fine with Kadri, but honestly we have to use Lindholm.

Maybe just throw up your hands and play Huberdeau with Lindholm and Govich.

Huberdeau brings down Backlund and Coleman unless he's really on his game, which is not as often.

So, my projected lineup would be:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Govich

Zary-Kadri-Pospisil

Mange-Backlund-Coleman

Greer-Rosie-Dube

I don't think it would be any worse than the half arsed play we have seen.

Shelter Huberdeau whenever possible.  

The other lines can pretty much handle everything else.

On a side note, thank Jaysus the nation doesn't have to put up with the Oilers broadcast team with the battle of Connor's.

That Tanev hit...about 2 weeks ago during a Wings broadcast, Mickey Redmond showed some hits from around the league. The point he was making, very well I might add, is that the refs rarely call charging anymore. In his words, "I just don't understand it". One of the many reasons we love Mickey, and the hit on Tanev, again, for the millionth time, shows that they never call charging anymore. Boarding, sure, but very rarely the charge that goes along with the boarding or other hits.

To quote Mickey, I just don't understand it either. The pace of the game is a lot faster nowadays, and reffing can't track it well enough.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

That Tanev hit...about 2 weeks ago during a Wings broadcast, Mickey Redmond showed some hits from around the league. The point he was making, very well I might add, is that the refs rarely call charging anymore. In his words, "I just don't understand it". One of the many reasons we love Mickey, and the hit on Tanev, again, for the millionth time, shows that they never call charging anymore. Boarding, sure, but very rarely the charge that goes along with the boarding or other hits.

To quote Mickey, I just don't understand it either. The pace of the game is a lot faster nowadays, and reffing can't track it well enough.

I think Colton is a douce on wheels.  He does the exact same thing no matter who he plays.

It was dangerous no matter how you look at it.

He gets away with it more often than not.

He is a predator.

Just now, conundrumed said:

Anyone recall Thompson's idolizing Kipper story? He wanted all of his gear, mask included, to be exactly like Kipper's but in Vegas colours. Vegas said no.

I like Thomspon and think he's a really good goalie.

Meanwhile they have cap because of the head case goalie; the one that forced them to trade MAF for a bag of used pucks.