GDT - 2023 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic - Flames v Oilers - Sunday Oct 29/23 5pm Start

DirtyDeeds

13 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

It sucks to lose to the Oilers.

But this start is probably what's best for the long-term future of the franchise. The worst thing this team can do is be in the middle of the pack. It's going to take a winning streak for that to even be a possibility.

Get use to it it will be a common theme for the next 7 or so yrs we are in the 7 yr drought just like we kicked the Oilers for all those yrs we are now looking at pay back only difference is we will never see a first over all. 

Well I kinda watched the replay but was already outted on the score.

There was a girl party that had to change venues due to weather, which equaled me doing the heavy lifting. I think it actually saved me and I had more fun.

Not much to say, training camps continue to be a waste of time for this org. I honestly have no idea why they are never ready to play competitive hockey. They live for excuses for why, roster turnover, new system...yada yada, blah, blah...blah. What a culture going on here. Need a complete purge, not a kinda-sorta one.

I'm taking it out on Backlund again. This team has always mirrored him. Vanilla, inconsistent, not skilled enough, etc etc etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zima said:

Get use to it it will be a common theme for the next 7 or so yrs we are in the 7 yr drought just like we kicked the Oilers for all those yrs we are now looking at pay back only difference is we will never see a first over all. 

Houdini for Celebini or into-the-bin for Eiserman?

On 10/30/2023 at 10:12 AM, conundrumed said:

Well I kinda watched the replay but was already outted on the score.

There was a girl party that had to change venues due to weather, which equaled me doing the heavy lifting. I think it actually saved me and I had more fun.

Not much to say, training camps continue to be a waste of time for this org. I honestly have no idea why they are never ready to play competitive hockey. They live for excuses for why, roster turnover, new system...yada yada, blah, blah...blah. What a culture going on here. Need a complete purge, not a kinda-sorta one.

I'm taking it out on Backlund again. This team has always mirrored him. Vanilla, inconsistent, not skilled enough, etc etc etc.

What did we solve with camp I wonder?  We barely had one PTO and we had him last year anyway.  Seems like it's a chance for the vets to not play and try out kids on kid lines, but not really watching them.  The ones they keep longer are only there s placeholders since they won't make the team.  We knew the starting lineup because of waivers and cap.  But we saw maybe one preseason game with the existing lineup.  I'm not even sure we did that.

As you said about the 4th line or 3rd pairing, the 3C should not be our biggest issue.  It's huge on this team because we rely on it for 17 minutes a night.  17 minutes of not being scored against but getting scored against.  If Backlund is our best defensive C (hint - he isn't), then we should have a line that is defensive.  And we should be using them less to score and more to stop goals.  But a line that costs $16M per year better be doing more than just that.

We are seeing about the same as Johnny's poor year where he felt like he needed to do it himself.  5 skaters on the ice and none of them support each other.  

• Kulstad unpinned this topic