GDT - 2023 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic - Flames v Oilers - Sunday Oct 29/23 5pm Start

DirtyDeeds

bd27b5420b8a0837822ae25084af6382.png

47c88e0c460b6b4c6dddd03bc09afb85.png

What makes this Heritage Classic notable?

This year's contest marks the 20th anniversary of the first Heritage Classic between the Oilers and Canadiens. Hosted on November 22, 2003, also at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, the Canadiens won 4-3 in a back-and-forth tilt. 

The Heritage Classic marked the NHL's first foray into outdoor games, and served as the basis for the league's further expansion into other marquee events like the Winter Classic and Stadium Series later in the decade. 

• Like 4

• DirtyDeeds changed the title to GDT - 2023 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic - Flames v Oilers - 5pm Start
  • DirtyDeeds changed the title to GDT - 2023 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic - Flames v Oilers - Sunday Oct 29/23 5pm Start
  • Kulstad pinned this topic
16 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

That is some shooting %age. High time to stop 98% of shots being easy saves, even for me! Let's not get Skinner into the game with a pile of easy saves first, it never works out. Every NHL goalie is better with easy puck touches to start.

Let's do this thing!!!

I was thinking along same line... except last game it appeared to me most of our shots were perimeter shots.

10 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

I was thinking along same line... except last game it appeared to me most of our shots were perimeter shots.

The passing needs to get creative in the O-zone imo. Staying to the outside too much, gotta start finding/creating the seams a lot better. Hard to do when no one is really moving much.

I'm hopeful that we'll figure it out. Forecheck needs to be better in the top 6 also. Start the cycle, find seams.

The line blender continues

FORWARDS

Dryden Hunt– Elias Lindholm – Dillon Dube

Andrew Mangiapane - Mikael Backlund - Blake Coleman

Jonathan Huberdeau - Nazem Kadri - Matt Coronato

A.J. Greer - Yegor Sharangovich - Walker Duehr  

DEFENCEMEN 

Noah Hanifin - MacKenzie Weegar

Ilya Solovyov - Chris Tanev

Nikita Zadorov - Dennis Gilbert

GOALTENDER

Jacob Markstrom

4 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Let’s go flames. Had to tune in to this one. Nice to have McD in the lineup, but if he’s still nursing an injury, tonight’s game could do more damage than good for him. Play hard flames. Get to the middle ice. GFG!

McD not taking draws.

This is going to be a long game.  Can't even string a decent shift together.

Are we the slump busters or what?