FLAMES @ Sabres - Thursday 19 October 2023 - 5pm MDT

Just now, manu12 said:

I here you, couldn't they use a similar system like in soccer, there they have a chip/sensor or something in the puck, which goes of when the puck crosses the goalline completly.

Probably in a contract somewhere about technological change.  Need to keep guys with eyes employed.  And guys to watch TV all night.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Probably in a contract somewhere about technological change.  Need to keep guys with eyes employed.  And guys to watch TV all night.

Haha, good one.

Though seriously, I can't remember the last time we got a good goal call for us when there is even a tiny bit of controverse situation in it.

2 minutes ago, manu12 said:

Haha, good one.

Though seriously, I can't remember the last time we got a good goal call for us when there is even a tiny bit of controverse situation in it.

It's like a bad trial prosecutor.  Any reasonable doubt and the puck goes free.

On a side note Ruzika is at a p/gp.

3 hours ago, manu12 said:

I here you, couldn't they use a similar system like in soccer, there they have a chip/sensor or something in the puck, which goes off when the puck crosses the goalline completly.

Theoretically, yes.

However, that would significantly increase the cost of pucks, and I'm not sure that the league would be too keen on that.

Love.

A nice step forward by the Flames. The D is tightening up, the secondary scoring is doing their part. Still a ways to go, but it's coming together. Rango's doing a great job of making that 4th line his, like I was kind of hinting Rosie needed to do, but Rango is proving a really solid alternative. Get that guy his first goal, he's got it in him!

Also nice to get Vladar in and get a tandem going rather than worry about "hot hand" constantly. Can be a great tandem if the team plays consistent hockey.

Cut down on penalties, but lots of positives watching the team evolving. The 4th line is definitely pushing the envelope for more ice time, love to see it. 2nd line, just keep Rosie being the trigger man in the slot. I'm not against letting Coleman have 1RW for awhile and see if he settles in.

Cut down on penalties, score on breakaways and it's a brave new world!

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

A nice step forward by the Flames. The D is tightening up, the secondary scoring is doing their part. Still a ways to go, but it's coming together. Rango's doing a great job of making that 4th line his, like I was kind of hinting Rosie needed to do, but Rango is proving a really solid alternative. Get that guy his first goal, he's got it in him!

Also nice to get Vladar in and get a tandem going rather than worry about "hot hand" constantly. Can be a great tandem if the team plays consistent hockey.

Cut down on penalties, but lots of positives watching the team evolving. The 4th line is definitely pushing the envelope for more ice time, love to see it. 2nd line, just keep Rosie being the trigger man in the slot. I'm not against letting Coleman have 1RW for awhile and see if he settles in.

Cut down on penalties, score on breakaways and it's a brave new world!

Greer has been okay in the forechecking role and rounding out the line, but his skill level is below Govich's.  Maybe I am just not seeing it, but it highlights that we only have a 4th line because we made a waiver claim.  Hunt would not help.  

Ruzicka does need to be a bit more selfish.  He's not going to drive the net like Tkachuk, but he doesn't get bowled over fighting for the slot.  He's earned some top PP time, but I wonder about where they position him.  Huberdeau is fairly ineffective on the half boards, but that's because they are overloading against him.  He coughs it up because they know he passes.  I don't have a good read on how he worked the PP in FLA, but they had many more options there.

Wondering what brought you to the conclusion why Coleman would be good on the top line.  Is that to move Mange down to the 3rd?  

I see they are scaling back Coronato's minutes.  Might be easier to swap him and Mange, and give any balance to top player on the ice in any given game.  I don't see Mange as the solution for top RW.  

Have to like how Gilbert has settled in. Small sample size but i think he has stabilized that pairing.

I like how Huberdeau has started the season. That is very encouraging. 

Flames still finding their way but October is all about just finding ways to win. Don't really care where your game is just find ways to win and improve as you go. Flames are doing that so far. The quick answer back last night when the Sabres tied it was a good sign for me too. 

• Kulstad unpinned this topic