Flames Board Hockey Pool

conundrumed

2 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Seth Jones is a waste of a pick and Ekholm brings Oiler stink to my team!!   My Defence is a hot mess.

So we will run with it and see what happens

Ya sorry again man.  Not sure what we can do here because the draft is done.  Luckily it looks like you got some good pieces as a core to work with.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

So who needs a C? I need LW and D.

The fun begins. @The_People1 snuck in Guenther and Brandt. Solid risks. I'd have done that. Guenther is going to be a top snipe in the NHL in a few years. In a few years. lol

I was getting Clayton Keller in 90% of my mock drafts.  I thought he would be a sure thing for me.

Screenshot_2024-10-02-13-57-28-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This where it all started to go wrong for me.  Can't believe I couldn't even get one more player here between Hamilton and Boldy.

21 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I was getting Clayton Keller in 90% of my mock drafts.  I thought he would be a sure thing for me.

Screenshot_2024-10-02-13-57-28-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This where it all started to go wrong for me.  Can't believe I couldn't even get one more player here between Hamilton and Boldy.

I got 35, 36, 38 & 40. I'll let you know how it goes. lol

Only Markstrom I didn't have ranked in the 59 I ranked.

But it's nice to know I bludgeoned your 30-40 rankings, ol' pal.😅.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

The fun begins. @The_People1 snuck in Guenther and Brandt. Solid risks. I'd have done that. Guenther is going to be a top snipe in the NHL in a few years. In a few years. lol

Re Guenther:  ya either this year or in the next 2 years... Same with Leo Carlson and Adam Fantilli.  I will need one of them to hit this year.

Brandt... I didn't even rank him until Doughty went down... Put him near the very bottom of my list so basically I used up almost all of my rankings.  He's still too young though.  Not surprised if he chokes and LAK switches to Jordan Spence.

Boqvist in a similar situation.  Currently #1PP on FLA the entire preseason.  Let's see how long he can stick.

I went D and G heavy so I had to take big swings at F.  But still, it wasn't my intention to land both Landeskog and Nichuskin.  Starting the season on IR.  I took Landeskog way too early.  Still a few gems left on the board at that time.

19 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Re Guenther:  ya either this year or in the next 2 years... Same with Leo Carlson and Adam Fantilli.  I will need one of them to hit this year.

Brandt... I didn't even rank him until Doughty went down... Put him near the very bottom of my list so basically I used up almost all of my rankings.  He's still too young though.  Not surprised if he chokes and LAK switches to Jordan Spence.

Boqvist in a similar situation.  Currently #1PP on FLA the entire preseason.  Let's see how long he can stick.

I went D and G heavy so I had to take big swings at F.  But still, it wasn't my intention to land both Landeskog and Nichuskin.  Starting the season on IR.  I took Landeskog way too early.  Still a few gems left on the board at that time.

I appreciate you repping the young swings. I'm really okay with Logan Cooley. I'd have stolen Guenther, too. That kid's shot? jfc. Already near the top of the league.

54 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Oof. I've got a rough squad

Yikes.  That's like a team you start in the preseason.  How did you manage to get two NYI goalies?

Vatrano should be good for points (was that a -20?).

Seriously, though you got 3 guys that overachieved last year.

148 goals from just them.

You should be fine.

Players never have a career season in a contract year and fail to live up to it.

I have sooo many young dmen on my watchlist. I need to be ready for Theodore's future injury. Maybe it'll coincide with Doughty's return. lol

2 goalies, both starters today.

Who should I start? I was also contemplating Tatar-tots returning to Hischier's wing, figured I may as well give it a shot. The bottom of my draft was pretty darn suspect. My LW is kind of an atrocity after Keller.