Étienne Morin - Flames 2nd round 2023 draft pick

Yeah it wasn't like a "murder kick" like we saw last year thank god.   But still, I would be cool with more than one game.

Even, as our prospect, my thought is we need to knock some sense into him now before he gets here.  law down the law.

I have a hard time calling this a "kick" personally. more of a push with this shin. Doesn't lead with the skate so not a kick to me. 

But I also would have had no problems with, and would have advocated for, a longer suspension as well. No real need to blur the lines here. 

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I have a hard time calling this a "kick" personally. more of a push with this shin. Doesn't lead with the skate so not a kick to me. 

But I also would have had no problems with, and would have advocated for, a longer suspension as well. No real need to blur the lines here. 

Well, that's a bit overblown for a call, but sure they need to crack down on the possible intent.

It's junior hockey, so treat it harsh while they are getting used to what the lines are.

Not sure how the NHL would treat it, but then again it's a joke here.

In this case, I think the suspension is fine.  If it happens again, he is a 2nd time offender.