GDT Flames @ Coyotes Feb 22/23 7:30pm Start

DirtyDeeds

1 minute ago, rickross said:

This team is trending from average to bad in a hurry! Sutter magic worn off? 3 goals on 9 shots is so sad. Sure they’ve tied it up but this team makes it hard to maintain belief in them. 

Like every time a goalie decision is made, we end up having a lot of goals against.

Vladar was on a huge run, then sat for games.

Hasn't been good since getting starts again.

MArkstrom gets a win, gets the next start and loses.

Insert Vladar, he loses.

Go back to Markstrom he wins one loses one.

Back to Vladar.

Just now, rickross said:

That’s the problem …we shouldn’t need sheer luck to beat the Coyotes

Fair comment. IMO they dominated all aspects of the first. Tanev puts one in on his own net, then a crossbar at one of me leads to an off man rush the other way that ends in a goal. Both of those plays are unlucky. Tanev’s play wasn’t bad, it was unlucky. A crossbar is a bit unlucky. So a night like tonight, maybe we need some luck to go our way. 

Just now, pikey7883 said:

Fair comment. IMO they dominated all aspects of the first. Tanev puts one in on his own net, then a crossbar at one of me leads to an off man rush the other way that ends in a goal. Both of those plays are unlucky. Tanev’s play wasn’t bad, it was unlucky. A crossbar is a bit unlucky. So a night like tonight, maybe we need some luck to go our way. 

Getting shots vs high danger chances.

We get scored on way too many medium dnager chances.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Getting shots vs high danger chances.

We get scored on way too many medium dnager chances.

You may be right, I don’t usually look up what our high danger chances for and against look like, I just go with the eye test, and IMO the flames have looked better in most aspects of the game tonight. To @rickross point, maybe we are ineffective because we throw so much rubber at the net. I think I will look at Possesion %, because I’m order for us to have that many shots, we have to be controlling the play more often than not 🤷‍♂️

On a separate note, Pelletier has been impressive to me. Great vision for the game, any time their line has any sort of turnover he is the first one back. Supports Naz and Hubie well, and is responsible in both ends. 

2 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

You may be right, I don’t usually look up what our high danger chances for and against look like, I just go with the eye test, and IMO the flames have looked better in most aspects of the game tonight. To @rickross point, maybe we are ineffective because we throw so much rubber at the net. I think I will look at Possesion %, because I’m order for us to have that many shots, we have to be controlling the play more often than not 🤷‍♂️

On a separate note, Pelletier has been impressive to me. Great vision for the game, any time their line has any sort of turnover he is the first one back. Supports Naz and Hubie well, and is responsible in both ends. 

I just pay attention to the in game chances and how they appear.

I saw a lot of low quality chances.

The stat about medium danger chances was an anecdote I read, so just added it.

Markstrom is a star at letting those in.

On a separate note, how good would Paddy Kane look here.

That's the type of game breaker we are missing.

Reade the farm for him and play him with Backlund and Coleman.

Sarcasm off.

Really, if you had Hubey-Lindholm-Kane, you could balance the other lines.

Dube-Kadri-Toffoli

Mange-Backs-Coleman

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I just pay attention to the in game chances and how they appear.

I saw a lot of low quality chances.

The stat about medium danger chances was an anecdote I read, so just added it.

Markstrom is a star at letting those in.

Yeah I agree that we have not always had the timely saves when we needed them. I guess I would have to wonder if Keller coming in on an odd man rush is a medium danger chance, or a high danger chance. To be totally honest, I have no idea how they rank those? If it’s a medium danger, we’re gonna be screwed in that category, lol.