GDT - Blackhawks @ FLAMES - Thursday 26 January 2023 - 7.00PM

rocketdoctor

9 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

Calling this game a write off, well be back and better next game, going to the garage to listen to some Parkway Drive, and work on some tools.  Later all..

Which album? A few bangers to pick from… I may have now found an outlet too. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Just a bad effort from top to bottom. No one was ready to play and no one seems to have found any intensity. 

this group doesn’t handle adversity or expectations well. 

and that from a "veteran" team. 

Even though I believe the vets on this team but in, but I thinking of the '04 Flames, Sutter got a lot out of young players. I wonder if their youth made it easier for them to buy in to what Sutter was preaching? 

This year's team is still learning to gel, but how much of the point percentage is a reflection of the efforts? Is that the system or is it the effort?

Sutter preaches vets, but his vets get up for games every other game it seems.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen the Flames so out of sync with each other!  There were a number of plays that should have been quality tic-tac-toe plays that were “just” off.  I liked Pelletier’s play, but he needs to play like the full team!!  Something to aspire to; right now, that’s not the Flames. If anything, they need to take the all star break and use the time for running plays.  The PP needs a serious injection of energy.  The biggest problem I see is a PP that doesn’t cycle.  Oh, there great at passing the puck, but without cycling the other team sets up successfully for blocks or crowding the rush.It’s easy to play against a pilon that doesn’t move anything but the blade of his stick.