GDT - Canes at Flames - Saturday October 22, 2022

travel_dude

Goalie interference on 2nd goal, but the refs don't seem to think so.

Sutter didn't bother with it though.

Need to reel this one back in.

1st goal was a Gaudreau-esque bad pass that came back the other way.

The penalty was a joke.

Was Connor McD the guy coming in and you aren't allowed to look at him?

I don’t know if I like Toff on the 1st Unit PP.

If they keep Hubie on the Left half boards he is not in a good position to be a shooter. I feel like both Lindy and Kadri are good guys to float in and out of the bumper position in the middle depending on which side of the ice the puck is on. But I think they should move Mang down low to win puck battles and move in and out in front of the net. 

Markstrom hasnt been great this season but he was very good last night. Huge reason the flames stole 2 points. Flames were luck to get they into OT let alone get the 2 points. 

flames finding ways to win which is great but still a ways to go at 5 on 5. Their d zone play remains a huge problem. 

3 hours ago, cross16 said:

Markstrom hasnt been great this season but he was very good last night. Huge reason the flames stole 2 points. Flames were luck to get they into OT let alone get the 2 points. 

flames finding ways to win which is great but still a ways to go at 5 on 5. Their d zone play remains a huge problem. 

i was just going to say, after the Sabres game, goalies weren't the reason they lost but sometimes the goalie needs to steal one. Sounds like this was the case. 

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

i was just going to say, after the Sabres game, goalies weren't the reason they lost but sometimes the goalie needs to steal one. Sounds like this was the case. 

Its where the game can be funny sometimes, Markstrom was bailed out by video review at the end of the 2nd, it was definitely the worst type of goal at the tail end of a period and very much stoppable but given a 2nd life the 3rd was easily his best period of hockey this season and got them to OT where anything can happen.