GDT - Sabres @ FLAMES - Thurs 20 October 2022.

rocketdoctor

3 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Yup, this feels like a trap game. Had the three tough games to open and then CAR on Sat. 

This is a much improved Buffalo team. Tons of young talent. If the Flames aren't ready to go, the Sabres will make them pay

This was my feel heading into the game tonight. Kinda how it played out.

Flames didn't play well. But they did have a chance. Kadri hits a post, puck goes down the ice, Zadorov takes a penalty. 5-3. 

I think we are still searching for lines and pairs.

It was obvious that Hanifin was stabilizing the 2nd pair.

Didn't really like any of the pairs last night.

It may have been a one off, but I didn't really like it.

Hope Kylington is back soon.

Need to find the pairings that work the best overall.

The 4th line was what I expected, until they moved Lewis down.

The top line was okay at times, and I thought the Kadri switch was interesting.

Mange and Lindholm had rough defensive nights. 

Sabres were great and they deserve a lot of credit. I didn't think the Flames were very sharp or really mentally into this game but the Sabres took full advantage. 

Think you take it as a learning/reminder that if you don't come ready to play mentally in todays' NHL your likely going to lose Don't think there is a line/pairing conclusion to take away from the game because when the vast majority of your team isn't there mentality it's pretty hard to draw any conclusions. 

The only conclusion I'm drawing is to stop suggesting the Flames trade a dman this season. Their depth is not near as good as people make it out to be and Mackey is not, IMO, the player some think he is. 

31 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Sabres were great and they deserve a lot of credit. I didn't think the Flames were very sharp or really mentally into this game but the Sabres took full advantage. 

Think you take it as a learning/reminder that if you don't come ready to play mentally in todays' NHL your likely going to lose Don't think there is a line/pairing conclusion to take away from the game because when the vast majority of your team isn't there mentality it's pretty hard to draw any conclusions. 

The only conclusion I'm drawing is to stop suggesting the Flames trade a dman this season. Their depth is not near as good as people make it out to be and Mackey is not, IMO, the player some think he is. 

Without Kylington, it's not a great time to consider trading any of the so called top 6.

From last year, the two consistent pairs were Kyl-Tanev and Haifin-Andersson.

Until we get Kylington back, I'm not sure we are sure what the pairs should be.

You tend to want a puck mover with a shutdown guy.

In theory, Weegar with Tanev should be good.

We know Kyl-Tane and Hanifin-Ras were good.

Stone is good in certain situations, as is Zadorov.

I just don't know what the best solution is.

I don't think we have seen one yet.

18 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Without Kylington, it's not a great time to consider trading any of the so called top 6.

From last year, the two consistent pairs were Kyl-Tanev and Haifin-Andersson.

Until we get Kylington back, I'm not sure we are sure what the pairs should be.

Has there been any word on a projected return for Kylington?

11 hours ago, cross16 said:

i noticed him a few times and maybe it's reads, but felt he looked awkward out there.