GDT - Sabres @ FLAMES - Thurs 20 October 2022.

rocketdoctor

Hoping the intensity continues to ramp up. Would be easy for these guys to look at the schedule and say “OK we got through those first 3 tough matchups, time to take it a little easier tonight.” That happened so damn often back in the Iggy days, got to be very predictable.

looking for Hubie to continue settling in. Last game was his best yet, let’s keep it going.

predicting a good night for Dube, he’s due to make some noise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Some kind of minor injury that's been bugging him.

Either that or pending trade call.

He didn’t skate at practice before the Vegas game or at practice yesterday, so I am guessing it’s an injury.

I would be extremely surprised if Hanifin was traded.

Dahlin is finally starting to look like the superstar he was drafted to be. Buffalo’s defence is really active. 

As good as Calgary has been this season, there are times where they get a little over aggressive chasing the puck leaving prime scoring chances against.

Give Sabres credit they look great. I don’t think the flames were well prepared for how they were going to play. 
Flames have not been good this period but Buffalo has a lot to do with that. 
They’ve won game but their d zone play hasn’t been great so get this season. Lots of work to do there. 

Just now, cross16 said:

Give Sabres credit they look great. I don’t think the flames were well prepared for how they were going to play. 
Flames have not been good this period but Buffalo has a lot to do with that. 

Buffalo is faster and more skilled than I was expecting.

4 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Markstrom doesn't look all that comfortable tonight

I’d say he hasn’t looked comfortable at all this season. Coming into this game he’s sub 900 at .891 and it’s going to get worse. The 3-0 start Speaks to how well the team is playing despite Markstrom thus far. 

Just now, LouCifer said:

I’d say he hasn’t looked comfortable at all this season. Coming into this game he’s sub 900 at .891 and it’s going to get worse. Speaks to how well the team is playing despite Markstrom thus far. 

I've got a hard time blaming him on any of the goals. He just looks like he's a little "off" tonight