2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

Oh I know it will never happen, but it should. That’s why we will always be middle of the pack. 

I know it was only one guy, but that one guys was responsible for more than half of our offense.

The fear now, is that we are going to lean even more into the size and defense side of the game and that’s how this free agency period will play out.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Judging from BT's presser, he was all in Gaudreau.  There was no Plan B discussed to any degree of seriousness.  The group will meet this morning on a plan forward.

If that is the case than he needs to be let go, you can't be that incompatant in your role. You have to have multiple options its not rocket science

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

So, the first signing of the day is Kevin Rooney, 2 years at 1.2M.

Actually 1.3M

I won't judge this deal right now.    

Well this goes in line with my last post about targeting size and defense. This deal isn’t going to break us, but there is no reason to give this type of player more than league minimum.

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Well this goes in line with my last post about targeting size and defense. This deal isn’t going to break us, but there is no reason to give this type of player more than league minimum.

We even need to pay more for fringe players to consider signing here 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenix66 said:

I am with you on the deadline ..i would have said the draft as well.. at least a "give us a number that he signs right now " .. but we also don't know the inside ..maybe pressure would have just gotten the same answer sooner ..but ya , a deadline for at least engaging wouid have been appropriate

Even with Matthew ..discussions start..but if he signs the QO or training camp opens without a deal. Then that should be the cutoff point 

I will say this .. he said all the right things, but the presser with BT he didn't look sad he looked PO'd .. he could have totally thrown Johnny and family and agent under the bus but didn't  that says a lot too 

There is a  nothing wrong with professinallism, but you also have to have some balls. JG was provided to much time and that decison by your GM just F'ed this club. Like I said there has to be consideration on both sides, it just can't always favour the player, its a huge sign of weakness. In the end the professional decorum from Trevling has done nothing for this club other than put you in a position of weakness. 

The other issue is does that is concerning is it appears he has no plan moving forward, if this did occur, speculation for sure but you now have a huge whole that we know can't be filled in FA. I am not pissed that JG left what bothers me is the player was allowed to decide our future not or GM 

Just now, travel_dude said:

They generally don't get [posted right away.

Obviously, I was kidding about this.

He is part of their future.

Oh I know. St. Loo likely wants to have Thomas play with Chucky considering their history. 

Just now, LouCifer said:

Oh I know. St. Loo likely wants to have Thomas play with Chucky considering their history. 

Not helping out STL unless they overpay for Tkachuk.

Unfortunately, I think we will blow the load on Kadri.

A playoff performer, but we have huge holes now.

One way to somewhat salvage the Johnny Gaudreau situation is to take JVR off of Philly’s hands and charge them a good piece to free up their cap for him. It essentially works out to be a trade of Johnny for JVR + 1st rounder? Better than Johnny for nothing. 

5 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

One way to somewhat salvage the Johnny Gaudreau situation is to take JVR off of Philly’s hands and charge them a good piece to free up their cap for him. It essentially works out to be a trade of Johnny for JVR + 1st rounder? Better than Johnny for nothing. 

That trade only happens if JH signs there.

And I'm not sure Philly does that; there were already balking at it.

It's unfortunate that BT is so slow off the mark.

Trochek and Copp were had for reasonable amounts.

Maybe a bit long for Trochek but whatever.

Instead he signs a guy that would be a end of month signing.

11 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

With whats happeing it appears he didn't have a backup plan in place. 

17 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I was expecting JH to sign in NJ fairly quickly after UFA started. With no cap constraints, the fact that he hasn’t tells me that he’s waiting on Philly. That’s my hunch. So, we can salvage by helping make it happen. 

Then we circle back to NJ and talk Tkachuk.