2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

32 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I wouldn’t be trading Hanifin any time soon, Weegar is only signed for the upcoming season. So if he leaves and you trade Hanifin, you only have two top 4 defensemen signed past this season.

The only person I would consider trading Hannifin for is Chychrun (bigger deal). Or a #2 center, but it’s slim pickings out there. 

27 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I think Mang signs in the 5-6 range and Ruzicka will likely get the QO treatment, 787,500.

That puts the Flames at 22 players and they are still below the cap. If they are content with their roster, they don't have to move assets to offload a Monahan/Lucic

I think Mang should get $5.5 x 6 or 7, if he gets the 7th year I think it gets closer to $6. Ruzie should get a similar deal to Valimaki (my guess is 2 x $1.65 AAV) But you’re right the cap works. 

10 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

I think Mang should get $5.5 x 6 or 7, if he gets the 7th year I think it gets closer to $6. Ruzie should get a similar deal to Valimaki (my guess is 2 x $1.65 AAV) But you’re right the cap works. 

The closer it gets to Friday the less likely I think a long term deal is.

Unless they get a deal done in the next few hours, we will know what the teams number is (real low) and players (real high). Then they'll inevitably meet in the middle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

The closer it gets to Friday the less likely I think a long term deal is.

Unless they get a deal done in the next few hours, we will know what the teams number is (real low) and players (real high). Then they'll inevitably meet in the middle

I'm really curious what long term offer Mange'd side submitted... But if he can come in 6.5 or under ..that leaves $1m to resign Stone ( you know it's happening..) 

That will give us 11 d on one way contracts, none of which are waiver eligible .. even the worst of which would help the Oilers ..   I can't help but think BT is gonna go hard still for Puljjaarvi..

25 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I'm really curious what long term offer Mange'd side submitted... But if he can come in 6.5 or under ..that leaves $1m to resign Stone ( you know it's happening..) 

That will give us 11 d on one way contracts, none of which are waiver eligible .. even the worst of which would help the Oilers ..   I can't help but think BT is gonna go hard still for Puljjaarvi..

I think Mangiapane's camp will come in at 6.5 and the Flames will come in no higher than 5. Probably sets up nicely for the number to be 5.5

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I don't think 5.8 is an accident. It probably has zero bearing on Huberdeau staying/going, but I wouldn't be surprised of the Flames made a point of having him being their highest paid player.

I was wrong on the term, that must be more of a push from Mang’s camp. But I was spot on with the dollar amount. Glad to see us avoiding arbitration, no one wins in there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I don't think 5.8 is an accident. It probably has zero bearing on Huberdeau staying/going, but I wouldn't be surprised of the Flames made a point of having him being their highest paid player.

Markstrom and Monahan both still in the lead 

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I’m not sure where the hesitation seems to be coming from to give him term (or perhaps it’s more on Mangs side) but at least it’s done. 

but just like last time I think the flames will regret this one. 

Well considering at the start of the season his agent flat out said he was gonna push him to UFa, that seems like a good improvement.. 

2 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Well considering at the start of the season his agent flat out said he was gonna push him to UFa, that seems like a good improvement.. 

as any good agent would say. 

and that’s not what his agent said either. 

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I think Mang signs in the 5-6 range and Ruzicka will likely get the QO treatment, 787,500.

That puts the Flames at 22 players and they are still below the cap. If they are content with their roster, they don't have to move assets to offload a Monahan/Lucic

Ruzie's QO was $876k, so it would be unusual for him to end up with less.

11 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I’m not sure where the hesitation seems to be coming from to give him term (or perhaps it’s more on Mangs side) but at least it’s done. 

but just like last time I think the flames will regret this one. 

It seems like a rush negotiation.  Unless he wanted $7M x 8, I don't get this deal at all.  Are we suddenly worried about locking anyone up past 2025?  Or is this a way to manage cup until then.  Seems like a small discount to sign a short term deal.

Just now, cross16 said:

can anyone actual produce evidence that the Gio cap existed? 
ive never heard it did and they exceeded it with Tkachuk anyway. 

I think it was the unspoken rule .. 

So that's about 1.7 left..  Rosie gets his .9 , stone gets his .8.. full roster ..

Let the shuffling begin . 😎

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

It seems like a rush negotiation.  Unless he wanted $7M x 8, I don't get this deal at all.  Are we suddenly worried about locking anyone up past 2025?  Or is this a way to manage cup until then.  Seems like a small discount to sign a short term deal.

One thing in Winter's last interview with Eric Francis when he said they'd made a long term offer that made me wonder .. said Mangiapane had a goal he believes he will become a 45 goal scorer this year.." which would make him an $8m player " 

I think he's banking on himself again ..

2 minutes ago, sak22 said:

I think it was just gossip because Johnny with no leverage had to take a similar deal to Gio whereas the team didn't follow it when it needed to sign Tkachuk.

Ya the way the cap was going up it had to fall.. people were all into Cap% back then 

3 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

One thing in Winter's last interview with Eric Francis when he said they'd made a long term offer that made me wonder .. said Mangiapane had a goal he believes he will become a 45 goal scorer this year.." which would make him an $8m player " 

I think he's banking on himself again ..

That's a big risk.  Has to do that for two in a row.

While most probably pencil him in on the top line, he could end up with Backlund.

Since 19/20, Backlund's p/gp has dropped.

He could resurge or regress.

If this was his choice, and it's very possible, he's waiting for the steep cap increases.