2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

This is either going to be nothing or the first step in many rumors that Gaudreau is going to Philly.

This only clears 3.3 and as it stood this AM the Flyers had less than 200K cap space and RFA's left to sign. So I don't think this necessarily indicates they are positioning for Gaudreau as they need to do this regardless. 

But if they make another move today I think it will be pretty clear what they are up to. 

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Sounds like the Caps are going full in on Kuemper after not qualifying Samsonov.

A lot of ties being made to Keumper and Washington and then Campbell winding up in Edm. 

I'm a bit surprised Washington gave up on Samsonov. I get his results didn't match his qualifying offer and he's been up and down in the NHL but there is talent there and only 25. I think someone could maybe get a bargain there. 

14 minutes ago, cross16 said:

A lot of ties being made to Keumper and Washington and then Campbell winding up in Edm. 

I'm a bit surprised Washington gave up on Samsonov. I get his results didn't match his qualifying offer and he's been up and down in the NHL but there is talent there and only 25. I think someone could maybe get a bargain there. 

I could see Buffalo hopping on that. There G is yikes.

26 minutes ago, cross16 said:

This is either going to be nothing or the first step in many rumors that Gaudreau is going to Philly.

This only clears 3.3 and as it stood this AM the Flyers had less than 200K cap space and RFA's left to sign. So I don't think this necessarily indicates they are positioning for Gaudreau as they need to do this regardless. 

But if they make another move today I think it will be pretty clear what they are up to. 

Uh-oh

18 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

That goes down I think you can safely put a fork in it 

I'll go one step further..  if Chucky soon after signs his one year QO they HAVE to move him 

Assuming he doesn't sign for 8, then Philly is just another team that can afford to pay him whatever he is looking for.  Not sure they are competitive by making all those moves.  BOS might have been a good landing spot, but I doubt they would bid that high.

And, yes, if Tkachuk signs one year, he is being traded.  Use the money elsewhere.  Bring in pieces to make us better.  

Speculation has the latest offer over 80M.  How does that sit with you?  We can't afford it, but the replacements will cost close to that and may not even make us as good.  I'm more worries about the overall impact to the team.  Means we have to cut back elsewhere.

But, if that means we have to trade Monahan and Lucic, then it's not as bad.  Those two pieces are holding us back regardless of the cost of the big 4 (13, 19, 56, 88).  Over 12M spent on 4th line players.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Assuming he doesn't sign for 8, then Philly is just another team that can afford to pay him whatever he is looking for.  Not sure they are competitive by making all those moves.  BOS might have been a good landing spot, but I doubt they would bid that high.

And, yes, if Tkachuk signs one year, he is being traded.  Use the money elsewhere.  Bring in pieces to make us better.  

I Duno .. i think its safe to say we have offered him the most $.. id put the odds if he signs in Philly it will be less than the $9.5 we offered him .. and only 7 yrs on top of that obviously  .. he'll have chosen location / family over the $ if he goes .

Just now, phoenix66 said:

I Duno .. i think its safe to say we have offered him the most $.. id put the odds if he signs in Philly it will be less than the $9.5 we offered him .. and only 7 yrs on top of that obviously  .. he'll have chosen location / family over the $ if he goes .

Word is the offer is over 10M.  If he doesn't sign, then it comes down to the team.  If Philly is no better than NJ or BOS or NYI or NYR, why go there for 9.5.  The others would outbid it.  If you don't want to be West, then there is really no benefit to just picking Philly.  The other teams are as accessable.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Speculation has the latest offer over 80M.  How does that sit with you?  We can't afford it, but the replacements will cost close to that and may not even make us as good.  I'm more worries about the overall impact to the team.  Means we have to cut back elsewhere.

But, if that means we have to trade Monahan and Lucic, then it's not as bad.  Those two pieces are holding us back regardless of the cost of the big 4 (13, 19, 56, 88).  Over 12M spent on 4th line players.

i think we can keep Gubby here cheap.. but ya , guys like Stone , Mackey, Valimaki .. all get regular work next year 

Ive heard a couple times now that Lucic to AZ is an option ..

Just now, travel_dude said:

Word is the offer is over 10M.  If he doesn't sign, then it comes down to the team.  If Philly is no better than NJ or BOS or NYI or NYR, why go there for 9.5.  The others would outbid it.  If you don't want to be West, then there is really no benefit to just picking Philly.  The other teams are as accessable.

it isnt west.. if he leaves he wants to go home .. and thats the NY / Philly area 

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Bob Stauffer was saying ANA or LA....

Yeah, I heard that two.  Protect the young stars in ANA.  While I don't think much of the blowhard, he may have some idea.  ANA doesn't car bout the optics.  Bring in a toughie to protect players.  $1M in actual salary isn't much.

10 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

it isnt west.. if he leaves he wants to go home .. and thats the NY / Philly area 

That's great if all you want to do is go home to your childhood friends that don't play hockey.  He can play with Hayes and find out how much he carried him at BC.  Watch goals go in your net.  See the playoffs every now and then.

Let me also add this....

NY and NJ are not like living in Philly area.

He may want to play for those two teams, but it's not home.

I think it was mentioned already.  Zadorov said he's leaving if the Flames cannot bring back Gaudreau.  Of course.  Who would come here if the Flames lose their best player?  Chance to win the Cup drops to near zero.

There will be no Plan B because no UFA serious about winning the Cup would consider us.

18 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

That's great if all you want to do is go home to your childhood friends that don't play hockey.  He can play with Hayes and find out how much he carried him at BC.  Watch goals go in your net.  See the playoffs every now and then.

Let me also add this....

NY and NJ are not like living in Philly area.

He may want to play for those two teams, but it's not home.

Philly's actually quite nic. Like a smaller NY. Newark on the other hand...

13 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I think it was mentioned already.  Zadorov said he's leaving if the Flames cannot bring back Gaudreau.  Of course.  Who would come here if the Flames lose their best player?  Chance to win the Cup drops to near zero.

There will be no Plan B because no UFA serious about winning the Cup would consider us.

Zadorov said? Yeah, he can go regardless.