NHL Playoffs - Hockey Pool for fun

rocketdoctor

12 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

Man that Dube “0” hurts, I’m expecting him to have a big series.

Just think how Lou feels.  Didn't lose a single player and he's last.

I'm more or less happy with my team.

Unless you get the bracket 100% right, you will always pick players that don't go on.

Or ones with zeros.

If they go far, they will get something.

I think there should be a handicap for anyone that picked Oilers players.

Automatic -10.  LOL.

37 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Unless you get the bracket 100% right, you will always pick players that don't go on.

Or ones with zeros.

Automatic -10.  LOL.

Whoa whoa whoa, hahahahaha. I hate the oilers as much or more than the any flames fan. But in a pool, I know those sap suckers are gonna put some PP points on the board. I will be happy when they’re out, lol.

59 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Or ones with zeros.

Automatic -10.  LOL.

I only had an Oiler for 11 games.lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robrob74 said:

was my sleeper pick too! I don’t get why but…

9 goals for and he's still kept off the board.

Only 2 forwards didn't get a point; Lucic and Dube.

Even Ritchie, Jarny and Lewis had points.

Then again, I picked a BOS player and a couple of Minny players.

You were right.

Even if McD only plays 3 more games, he will have 20 points very soon..

3 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

58a35c1ecd88acc366b5ac6be11f11cf.png

Yeah those dirty picks are looking very handy in the pool.

30 points for two players.  I really thought they would be one and done.

Lou has some ground to make up, but he went all in on CGY.

Props for risking it all.

4 hours ago, travel_dude said:

30 points for two players.  I really thought they would be one and done.

Lou has some ground to make up, but he went all in on CGY.

Props for risking it all.

It doesn't usually work out for me doing what I did TD (it did in 2004!). But this is for fun, and I'd rather go out early aiming for glory than lose-out to someone by a few points in the end... that would burn me more! lol I've been lucky to this point that the 3 teams I chose all made the 2nd round - otherwise I'd be out already.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

It doesn't usually work out for me doing what I did TD (it did in 2004!). But this is for fun, and I'd rather go out early aiming for glory than lose-out to someone by a few points in the end... that would burn me more! lol I've been lucky to this point that the 3 teams I chose all made the 2nd round - otherwise I'd be out already.  

I'm a superstitious type, so I wasn't really wanting to plug my picks in.  But, what the heck.  I did brackets etc.  This isn't really any different.  I find it refreshing that both Mangiapane and Coleman have started scoring.  Coleman is a big gamer, so I know he will be involved, if not scoring.  Pure gold.  Recent cup winner.  Liked having him talk about the killer instinct.  It was sorely lacking before and now it's a matter of just doing it from start to finish.

4 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I'm a superstitious type, so I wasn't really wanting to plug my picks in.  But, what the heck.  I did brackets etc.  This isn't really any different.  I find it refreshing that both Mangiapane and Coleman have started scoring.  Coleman is a big gamer, so I know he will be involved, if not scoring.  Pure gold.  Recent cup winner.  Liked having him talk about the killer instinct.  It was sorely lacking before and now it's a matter of just doing it from start to finish.

Coleman has been our best pick up this year by far in my opinion. Toffey looked great for a bit, but Coleman has been very effective in the playoffs thus far

1 hour ago, Addicted said:

Coleman has been our best pick up this year by far in my opinion. Toffey looked great for a bit, but Coleman has been very effective in the playoffs thus far

I would say that Toffee doesn't get enough love.

He's not on the scoresheet, but does everything else.

We are luck to have him.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

I would say that Toffee doesn't get enough love.

He's not on the scoresheet, but does everything else.

We are luck to have him.

Agreed….but Coleman seems to have that extra step in the playoffs!

also agreed….go pool!!

23 hours ago, travel_dude said:

9 goals for and he's still kept off the board.

Only 2 forwards didn't get a point; Lucic and Dube.

Even Ritchie, Jarny and Lewis had points.

Then again, I picked a BOS player and a couple of Minny players.

You were right.

Even if McD only plays 3 more games, he will have 20 points very soon..

that was the hope ya! And yet I hate McD! I don’t see him getting any different from any other talented player who deserves calls, or doesn’t get calls. How many points could Gaudreau have If they called every hack on him and thus, would have had a cleaner attack to the net? Why give him any more preferences than players like Johnny? They’re all top players and yes they should be all called equally. 

matte refs are trying to hrlp

my pool though. That one penalty where our guy lightly pushes the oiler and he goes down because of momentum is normally not called. 

love our pK so far. I will gladly lose the pool to shut him down. 

Let's hope that it's a better night tonight for those having Flames and less for those with EDM (ptui) players.    

I screwed up on mine.

i am one of those that thinks I jinx the team if I pick them. So, I was going to go that route then thought I should pick some…

I was going to choose more after I went through the other teams then i chose too many and was rushing it. I quickly sent to RD…

28 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I screwed up on mine.

i am one of those that thinks I jinx the team if I pick them. So, I was going to go that route then thought I should pick some…

I was going to choose more after I went through the other teams then i chose too many and was rushing it. I quickly sent to RD…

One lesser pick is really all.  And it remains to be seen if it's really a bad one.

FLA is going to decide a lot of fates here.  Who would have thought the league leader possibly getting swept.

Right, the Pres trophy curse.

The East top seeds in tough.

NYR perhaps near the end of their rope against a defensive team.

FLA out matched against a bruised cup winner.

The West, up in the air.

STL looks to have figured out COL.

If we can keep McPoints off the scoreboard, some of us stand a chance.

Bennett and his dumb momentum killing penalties cost FLA a goal today.

On a side note, I like the way TNT uses graphics.

Shows the PP time remaining right on the ice.

And shows shift time for a team hemmed in.

SN is so 90's in their coverage.

The reason why some players get open is the things done by other players.

Or the little picks done that the refs miss.

Never a comment about an illegal play.

On a side note, I like the way TNT uses graphics.Shows the PP time remaining right on the ice.And shows shift time for a team hemmed in.

SN is so 90's in their coverage.

The reason why some players get open is the things done by other players.

Or the little picks done that the refs miss.

Never a comment about an illegal play.

I noticed this as well TD! I love the timer on the ice! Unfortunately Rogers just blew their wad on changing their score clock to look like… everyone else’s! whippty do! Zero creativity… I’d rather they kept the entire top bar and added some of those cool ice visuals you mention.

There’s no incentive for leading edge stuff in canada. Most of us watch regardless. Maybe in the US they’re still trying to attract watchers and the visuals help drive that viewership. I’ve been watching more US streams this year than I ever have. 

26 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I noticed this as well TD! I love the timer on the ice! Unfortunately Rogers just blew their wad on changing their score clock to look like… everyone else’s! whippty do! Zero creativity… I’d rather they kept the entire top bar and added some of those cool ice visuals you mention.

There’s no incentive for leading edge stuff in canada. Most of us watch regardless. Maybe in the US they’re still trying to attract watchers and the visuals help drive that viewership. I’ve been watching more US streams this year than I ever have. 

they also need more info. We have internal clocks that say, “oh shut! They’ve been on for a long time!” Whereas some fans don’t see anything. 

i see a Satoshi Nakamoto load not called and it’s that old saying that the retaliation is gonna be what gets called. We need to stop that retaliation stuff and either get doing it too or hit ‘em hard to get back. Score more 5v5! We can’t get too many penalties.