GDT FLAMES @ Sharks - Thursday 7 April 2022

rocketdoctor

Thanks as always RD.

No idea of the scratches or starting goalie tonight, as there isn't a practice or real game day skate.

I don't think it would be too outlandish to see Jarnkrok come in and Lewis come out.

It doesn't disrupt more than one line that way.

As far as D, I would be inclined to slot in Mackey on the trip, but tonight may not be the best time to do it.

You could actually use Stone on the 2nd PP unit with a mobile D.

Gives them a new look.

The goalie choice seems obvious to me, but who knows.

Marky was great for most of the shots last night, but it's a lot to ask him to play 2 nights in a row.

Vladar is rested, but lost on the road to the Sharks in his only game against them.

Marky is 0-2-0 against them this season.

1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

I'd go Vladar tonight

Mackey in for Zaddy would be good and put Stone on the 3rd line on his correct side.

Hard to drop Stone after last night but Sutter seemed less impessed after last nights game.

I can never tell with Sutter.  A goal means little to him, but the mistakes you make are more of an issue.

From what I can tell, Stone did not directly contribute to a goal against.

The first goal against actually had 3D on the ice, including Ras.  not sure how that happened.

If you take out Zaddy for Mackey, I don't think it changes the number of RHS's.

Guddy with Tanev sounds okay, but a little worried considering we otherwise shelter Guddy.

Yes, they play top PK together, but that is pure defending.

1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

I'd go Vladar tonight

Mackey in for Zaddy would be good and put Stone on the 3rd line on his correct side.

Hard to drop Stone after last night but Sutter seemed less impessed after last nights game.

A 3:30am start for you? And here I am whining about 10:30pm.lol

I hope Chucky shows up tonight.  He has looked sloppy recently.  I can live with the choppy skating, but the flopping around gets on my nerves.

On Johnny's goal in LA, he was on his face looking for a call.  He may have been checked, but it wasn't a great look.

1 minute ago, The_Snowbear said:

From what i heard from pat Steinberg Kylerr Remained in Calgary when team left on this road trip

Sutter said that, but also said that Ritchie hadn't traveled to LA.

Ritchjie was on the ice yesterday with Jarnkrok.

Neither was cleared to play.

Valimaki was brought up on an emergency recall yesterday, so I suspect neither Jarnkrok or Richie is available tonight either.

8 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I hope Chucky shows up tonight.  He has looked sloppy recently.  I can live with the choppy skating, but the flopping around gets on my nerves.

On Johnny's goal in LA, he was on his face looking for a call.  He may have been checked, but it wasn't a great look.

Cross checked in the back, it didn't look like a flop to me and didn't join in the celebration, think that one stung a little.  

28 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Chucky is in his playoff form... 

12 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

ritchie isnt he is also back in calgary

Had a mri on his leg

Are you saying he's not in California?  He had the MRI on Sunday or Monday.

Wes Gilbertson

@WesGilbertson

·

Apr 6

Looks like #Flames lineup is unchanged from Monday's win in L.A. Ritchie and Jarnkrok are participating, but not taking line rushes.

12 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Chucky is in his playoff form... 

I'm okay with a player trying to draw a penalty, or actually being crumpled on the ice.  If you get hit, show the ref.  But (this time may have been an exception) I hate seeing the falling down when you can't make the play.  Like the play last season where he dove because he couldn't get back on a 2 on 1.  

My overall point is I prefer to see him skating more than just standing and reaching.  He should skate more often with his brother off season.

Or maybe with a decent skating coach.

55 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I'm okay with a player trying to draw a penalty, or actually being crumpled on the ice.  If you get hit, show the ref.  But (this time may have been an exception) I hate seeing the falling down when you can't make the play.  Like the play last season where he dove because he couldn't get back on a 2 on 1.  

My overall point is I prefer to see him skating more than just standing and reaching.  He should skate more often with his brother off season.

Or maybe with a decent skating coach.

It's been a great regular season and all but you know, the Flames need to win at least one round of the playoffs if Chucky and Gaudreau believe they should get paid.  Otherwise, it's going to be a summer of questions and such.  We are a one line team that's steam rolling opponents night in and night out but come playoff time, that's when it's going to be tough.  Chuck and Gaudreau have been shut down in previous playoffs so laying another egg this time around is kind of unacceptable. 

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

It's been a great regular season and all but you know, the Flames need to win at least one round of the playoffs if Chucky and Gaudreau believe they should get paid.  Otherwise, it's going to be a summer of questions and such.  We are a one line team that's steam rolling opponents night in and night out but come playoff time, that's when it's going to be tough.  Chuck and Gaudreau have been shut down in previous playoffs so laying another egg this time around is kind of unacceptable. 

Totes.

I think it's as much on Tkachuk and Lindholm as Gaudreau.

Actually more.

I think this year's version of Gaudreau is a different beast.

Less E/W play, more smart play.

There are several team that play a playoff style in the regualr season, and Gaudreau has points against every team.

Except NAS,who we have played once.

In summary, I don't worry about Gaudreau, as he's not getting frustrated and sookie this year.

This may not be fair, but Tkachuk gives up on plays a lot sooner.

That's my impression anyway.

12 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

well they were saying ritchie was in calgary what do i know lol

Like you, I listen to what I hear or read.  Sometimes Steinberg misses the things he writes/talks fulltime about.  

I found it odd that he would be in LA days after a serious injury, or what looked like one.

Even stranger that he was seen skating.

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Damn you love negativity.