GDT - Kings @ FLAMES Thurs 31 March 2022.

rocketdoctor

2 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

To Explain Travel Mlb the show is endorsed by major leage baseball i like the road to the show you start at double a of the team you ask to be drafted to and have to work your way up to the show like example The Toronto Blue Jays

I thought it was Men In Black., not MLB

Very poor exectued game by the Flames, was one of the least intense ones I seen all year. Everyone out of sync, you just lost to a bunch of AHL call ups. I get it was tight out there but wow they were bad tonight. Once again a couple of poor turnovers and in the net. What LA did tongiht will be the death of the Flames in the post season if they don't stay more focused and engaged. Out side of JH and Markstrom, everone else were no shows tonight. 

• Like 1

I have thought about it a bit.  Poor execution on offense for at least one period.  Johnny really bad on the first goal against.  Redeemed with a better game after that.  The tying goal was either Hanifin for not taking any player or Mange not covering Arviddson.  Two mistakes by the coach.  Starting Backlunnd on the fitst OT shift.  And SO use.  We didn't manage to do anything and somehow we took a penalty off a blown call.  The rest was just defending in OT.

It was a letdown game, and we played without anyone really being crisp.  I'm not worried about this team right now, we go through games like this and move on.

Was not a well played game by the Flames who I think have been off and on the last few weeks. Details in their game are lacking right now and it does seem like it's harder and harder to consistently get emotion into their game. Willing to give them a break though as March was just a nightmare of a schedule, and I think your in that awkward area of the season now where they don't really "need" to win games, they are probably banged up/tired, and it's not close enough to the playoffs that you'd want to get firing on all cylinders. 

I think they'll play better. 

Always interesting to listen to Sutter post game, though you are never 100% sure of his comments.

• Gaudreau gave up the puck twice on one shift but was good other than that; carried the line
  • tying goal was blown coverage; didn't see who, but the only ones in the picture were Mange and Hanifin; I heard it suggested that Backlund missed coverage
  • sluggish in the first, too many lost draws, battled back
  • Dube was no different than anyone else, even with his 8 shots
  • good that we were able to defend the PP in OT
  • very short presser

I'm not going to take too much out of this game, since they are the kind that can burn you.  Even short a bunch of players, they are a dangerous team.  Whether we took they too lightly or had details leaking away, you regroup and go to the next game.  For some reason the Cali teams seem to bring out the worst in us at times.  Kylington had a rough game, but losing him put a big hole in our pairs.  Communication suffered with guys not used to each other needing to play as a unit.  4th line was okay and had one great shift, but at other times were a big hole.  No one line was really that good.