GDT - Kings @ FLAMES Thurs 31 March 2022.

rocketdoctor

I’d like to see Chucky with Backlund and Mange. Puts a passer on that line and I think it would boost the offense of line 2. Johnny and Lindy are good passers as well, so I could see Toff slotting in there fine. Sure, line 1 with Chucky has been incredible - no argument there. Just thinking we may need to spread out the offense a bit (esp for playoffs) and Toff is no slouch. Sutter had these proposed lines for a game or two, but I’d like to see them together for longer to see if it could work. 

25 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I’d like to see Chucky with Backlund and Mange. Puts a passer on that line and I think it would boost the offense of line 2. Johnny and Lindy are good passers as well, so I could see Toff slotting in there fine. Sure, line 1 with Chucky has been incredible - no argument there. Just thinking we may need to spread out the offense a bit (esp for playoffs) and Toff is no slouch. Sutter had these proposed lines for a game or two, but I’d like to see them together for longer to see if it could work. 

No doubt you and I have less skin in the game.  Sutter has one line that is the best in the NHL and only deviates from it under extreme circumstances.  Right now, he is trying to get the team to the Pacific division winner.  That is first goal.  He can switch it mid game, because he has it in his back pocket.  Or do it for a specific game, where he reviews the tapes from previous games.  

That is not to say that he won't try out different combos once he feels comfortable with out position in the Pacific.  But Sutter also believes that players that have gone cold are not going to the right places.  Like Mangiapane for a long stretch of games.  Or Monahan.  Or Lindholm/Tkachuk last game.  But mostly the guys that have gone cold.  Dube, Backlund, Tkachuk, Lindholm, Johnny have been going to the slot.  Odd game not, but mostly yes.  Toffoli is scoring from the perimeter a lot.  

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

No doubt you and I have less skin in the game.  Sutter has one line that is the best in the NHL and only deviates from it under extreme circumstances.  Right now, he is trying to get the team to the Pacific division winner.  That is first goal.  He can switch it mid game, because he has it in his back pocket.  Or do it for a specific game, where he reviews the tapes from previous games.  

That is not to say that he won't try out different combos once he feels comfortable with out position in the Pacific.  But Sutter also believes that players that have gone cold are not going to the right places.  Like Mangiapane for a long stretch of games.  Or Monahan.  Or Lindholm/Tkachuk last game.  But mostly the guys that have gone cold.  Dube, Backlund, Tkachuk, Lindholm, Johnny have been going to the slot.  Odd game not, but mostly yes.  Toffoli is scoring from the perimeter a lot.  

Yep. He’s definitely holding players accountable! And like I said in another thread, Sutter seems to be a master at knowing who should slot with who! He’s mixed the lines before and still found success. I’m completely comfortable with him stirring the drink. GFG!