GDT FLAMES @ Canucks - Saturday 19 March 2022

rocketdoctor

5 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I agree. I think with Markstrom mentoring him, he’s got “starter” trajectory. He makes some saves he has no business saving… reminds me of Kipper with how fast his reflexes are. High praise from me indeed. 

I agree. The one important aspect Chucky brings to the top line that Toff doesn’t, is drawing attention away from Johnny. 

It was weird, both Johnny and Toffee going in on their wrong wings.

That's not a play Tkachuk has enough speed for.

It's normally Johnny-Lindholm.

8 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It was weird, both Johnny and Toffee going in on their wrong wings.

That's not a play Tkachuk has enough speed for.

It's normally Johnny-Lindholm.

As that play developed I thought to myself “Chucky would never be catching up to the play like Toff!” Great minds think alike TD

1 minute ago, The_Snowbear said:

Now we just need this team to learn to execute more in the close games

You know what snowbear, you’re right - Sutter has been talking a lot this season about burying your chances. And while no one is going to have a 100% shooting percentage, I have to say that our flames this year are generating SO MANY CHANCES game in and game out… and then BT picks up another sniper in Toffoli, and a passer/shooter type in Jarnkrok (who also shoots R and plays C). Like, wow. 

2 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Well lou he mentioned it today like the buffalo game you have to learn games like that are games you need to execute in cause those are the kind of games that your going to run into as it gets closer to playoffs and in playoffs

Well, the thing is that we were executing, just not finishing.

If we had not gotten chances, then I would be more worried.

Sutter actually enjoyed the game, and a 3v3 win is nothing you see in playoffs.

8 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It doesn;t mean that this should be the final lines, but I like the outcome so far.

Of course not. Nice to see though that we can give our lines different looks and still control and drive play. And seeing how well our players can adjust to playing with each other, it does kind of show how Dube and Mony aren’t very versatile players.