Wild @ FLAMES - Saturday 26 February 2022

rocketdoctor

That was a gritty team win, they played good and capitalized on chances. The Wild tried to make a game of it but Markstrom did good in the 2nd.  

Kylington incident rattled them from the injury and so we can let that happen. Hope he’s not injured. No fractureS… 

next game will be tough. They’re a gritty team and next game should be tougher even though tonight’s seemed closer than it was. Good to score when you can and that’s what we did! Good win here!

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

When I first saw it, I thought he was taking a dive.

It seemed so exaggerated.  

Never saw anything like that before.

ya, for me it was like 

oooooh! 
it happened so fast. I think grabbing the stick sling shot him. I don’t think he meant that to happen to Kylington though. But somehow must’ve caught a rut too?

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

That was a gritty team win, they played good and capitalized on chances. The Wild tried to make a game of it but Markstrom did good in the 2nd.  

Kylington incident rattled them from the injury and so we can let that happen. Hope he’s not injured. No fractureS… 

next game will be tough. They’re a gritty team and next game should be tougher even though tonight’s seemed closer than it was. Good to score when you can and that’s what we did! Good win here!

Yeah, I'm not worried about the next game right now.

We played as well as you can expect.

We have played that way so many times, it's up to Minny to play better.

Without Dumba and Greenway, they are a pushover physically.

Just now, travel_dude said:

The only positive thing was he skated off.

You don't let that happen if there is any possible neck injury.

WIth a concussion, you also take extra precaution.

ya, I just think when the neck goes like that nerves get buzzed. Could be why he laid there for awhile . That happened to me twice. Once in hockey and another learning how to snowboard. Kind of lay there until the buzzing stops. 

Just now, robrob74 said:

ya, I just think when the neck goes like that nerves get buzzed. Could be why he laid there for awhile . That happened to me twice. Once in hockey and another learning how to snowboard. Kind of lay there until the buzzing stops. 

I was more concerned with the impact.

Brain going about 10 mph.

Head hits the brakes, brain keeps going.

Just now, robrob74 said:

I was going to say the same thing. Had a similar incident when I was younger. Hit high, turned, and went face first into the boards. My neck and spine and appendages all had that buzzing and tingling like when a part of your body falls asleep. I didn’t dare to move because I was worried I may be paralyzed. I waited for the buzzing to subside before I moved any part of my body. Fortunately I was ok. Unfortunately, I was concussed but back then you sit a shift and then go out the next one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Even so, you know we won't see him before Saturday.

Maybe the off chance Thursday, but I'm not sure of the number of days he has to miss.

He needs to take whatever time he needs. Agreed. Just thankful it isn’t worse given how it looked. That was one that looked terrible in real time and slow mo. There was no defending himself at all. Scary all the way through. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Wel, Rob, you must start buying lotto tickets...

i hope it’s all it is! Because I didn’t get concussed, I was able to go. It wasn’t like that. It was one of those beer league up the middle passes and I skated into some 6’3” and just the right angle to jar my neck. Pain all the way through my body and I had to lay there until it stopped. It was just experiencing it that this one looked odd like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I LOL at Darryl's comments.

7-1, 10-0, 2-1 what's the difference.

Gotta clean up that after the whistle crap.

Can't do that if you want to be in the playoffs.

Matty score 2 every time he reaches a milestone.

He leaves no room for anything other than a championship. There’s zero satisfaction that compares, and I think that’s how he’s keeping this flames team focused and consistent.

Just now, LouCifer said:

He needs to take whatever time he needs. Agreed. Just thankful it isn’t worse given how it looked. That was one that looked terrible in real time and slow mo. There was no defending himself at all. Scary all the way through. 

I was thinking about the protocol.

Kyler is a tough SOB.

He won't want to miss any games.

He gets clocked from a high hit on the boards and skates off.

Seen him draw match penalties and he is fine.

If it's not concussion protocol, then it's being knocked out they have to keep an eye on.

You have to run tests anyway.

Just now, travel_dude said:

I was thinking about the protocol.

Kyler is a tough SOB.

He won't want to miss any games.

He gets clocked from a high hit on the boards and skates off.

Seen him draw match penalties and he is fine.

If it's not concussion protocol, then it's being knocked out they have to keep an eye on.

You have to run tests anyway.

Definitely! Hope it isn’t a concussion because we know how once those add up…, Ferland. 

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

He leaves no room for anything other than a championship. There’s zero satisfaction that compares, and I think that’s how he’s keeping this flames team focused and consistent.

I enjoy that attitude.

I was so sick of the moral victories we used to be satisfied with.

We battled.  Bla bla bla.

I am okay with losing a game where we gave our all or an unlucky bounce decided our fate.

But I don't take any satisfaction with it.

15 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I was going to say the same thing. Had a similar incident when I was younger. Hit high, turned, and went face first into the boards. My neck and spine and appendages all had that buzzing and tingling like when a part of your body falls asleep. I didn’t dare to move because I was worried I may be paralyzed. I waited for the buzzing to subside before I moved any part of my body. Fortunately I was ok. Unfortunately, I was concussed but back then you sit a shift and then go out the next one. 

after mine, it felt like my finger tips were burnt like being hit by lightening for a few days. Was it the same for you? It took a few days  for the feeling in my finger tips on that side of my body to come back. 

15 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Wel, Rob, you must start buying lotto tickets...

Good to hear Kylington is okay.  For sure Neck and shoulder were involved.  It looked like he had a mild concussion at the very least but Sutter seems to have dispelled that immediately.  Hopefully he makes a 100% recovery and gets right back to it.  He's had an amazing season so far.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

after mine, it felt like my finger tips were burnt like being hit by lightening for a few days. Was it the same for you? It took a few days  for the feeling in my finger tips on that side of my body to come back. 

I think you must have forgot to butt out that joint man.

JK.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I enjoy that attitude.

I was so sick of the moral victories we used to be satisfied with.

We battled.  Bla bla bla.

I am okay with losing a game where we gave our all or an unlucky bounce decided our fate.

But I don't take any satisfaction with it.

or the quick and easy answers, we gotta get better at… lip service. Sutter’s goal is playoffs and then the goal changes once in, win cup. It takes wins, but it takes a certain amount of wins, to get to 100 points to guarantee the spot. Until then he’s not satisfied. Then he’s in preparing for playoffs and his dissatisfaction restarts then.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I compare this game to the Leafs game.

Can't figure out why the coach (or fans) would be happy winning a game 10-7.

What kind of game were they playing?

Did anyone play defense?

i agree! After thinking of Kylington I can see why they fell off for a few minutes. But I first thought letting 2 extras and giving them life was bad, but understanding and that happens. A four goal lead does that. 

but I’d be grumpy with my team letting in 7.