IIHF 2022 World Junior Championship

conundrumed

54 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Canada looks to have a powerhouse team, but I thought the same last year.

So many first rounders this year.

We typically use the returning goalie, so Garand has the edge.

He actually has a better season so far statically than Cossa.

Beware the Amerks.

And Sweden. And Finland. And Russia. And whichever team plays beyond it's reasonable ability.lol

Lotsa great talent. Wonder if covid will get in the way.:/

Hope not. But I do hope the NHL puts a bullet in the Olympics...for good.

16 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

And Sweden. And Finland. And Russia. And whichever team plays beyond it's reasonable ability.lol

Lotsa great talent. Wonder if covid will get in the way.:/

Hope not. But I do hope the NHL puts a bullet in the Olympics...for good.

The Olympics is a problem, but the f'n All Star week just before?

Like, who cares.

20 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

The Olympics is a problem, but the f'n All Star week just before?

Like, who cares.

The Olympics are so notoriously crooked anymore that it has zero appeal to me. Just do it through the NHL, if all of these millionaires wanna represent their country so badly.

The Olympics money trail is nothing short of gangster. So regardless of athletes' lifelong dreams, the entire escapade has zero redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's a total money-laundering sham. I'd have high regard if Canada said, "nope. We're washing our hands of the Olympics in it's current mafia-like state and will no longer partake".

The rest of the nations would be saying, "Right. We get what you're saying"...You'd think nations that can build massive military complexes for war could figure out a sporting event tournament for fun in their downtime.

Has no one told the Olympic Committee that they represent everything wrong in the world? Billions spent, world-class athletes that are broke. The Olympics need to end. It's like they're beyond any law and flaunt that fact. They're above reproach.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

The Olympics are so notoriously crooked anymore that it has zero appeal to me. Just do it through the NHL, if all of these millionaires wanna represent their country so badly.

The Olympics money trail is nothing short of gangster. So regardless of athletes' lifelong dreams, the entire escapade has zero redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's a total money-laundering sham. I'd have high regard if Canada said, "nope. We're washing our hands of the Olympics in it's current mafia-like state and will no longer partake".

The rest of the nations would be saying, "Right. We get what you're saying"...You'd think nations that can build massive military complexes for war could figure out a sporting event tournament for fun in their downtime.

Has no one told the Olympic Committee that they represent everything wrong in the world? Billions spent, world-class athletes that are broke. The Olympics need to end. It's like they're beyond any law and flaunt that fact. They're above reproach.

Ya Olympics are no longer about amateur sports but instead, dream teams, marketing, and money laundering.  And now political theater.  We could do without it.

Some suggest China is scared to get embarrassed at men's ice hockey so they are trying to water down the competition by suggesting these extended quarantine schedules.  Thoughts?

My belief is the Chinese team will have lots of ex-pats, KHL players, etc.  If Canada and USA send their B teams, China will still lose but the score will be a bit more respectable.

On 12/23/2021 at 6:23 PM, The_People1 said:

How did he do?

Not bad. They had him 1st line and 1st PP with Beniers, so they see him as a scorer. He played the slot a lot but they weren't getting pucks to him? Should be a good tourney for him. The US will be a D first team and struggle to score maybe. They'll need him to snipe.

Canada looks scary. Like, really scary. Top 2 lines are monster.

Cossa looked like garbage to flatter the Russians on the scoreboard.

10 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Our B team Silver, playing for bronze. We should always ask for 4 teams and hope for 2.

Canada's B team... Nothing to worry about unless KHL is allowed to send their A teams.  You could get some decent Russian or Swede teams.

Who is on Canada's B team anyways?  Are AHL players allowed to go?

5 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Canada's B team... Nothing to worry about unless KHL is allowed to send their A teams.  You could get some decent Russian or Swede teams.

Who is on Canada's B team anyways?  Are AHL players allowed to go?

I mean jr.

We're always at a disadvantage in U17-U18 tourneys because we send 4 teams to everyone else's one. Not kidding. There isn't really an "A" team perse, just all of the talent spread through 4 teams. It's kinda hilarious how we are an extreme superpower. Gold or it's a failure. Any other country, "we didn't medal, but we beat Canada in the QF". That's gold for them.

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I mean jr.

We're always at a disadvantage in U17-U18 tourneys because we send 4 teams to everyone else's one. Not kidding. There isn't really an "A" team perse, just all of the talent spread through 4 teams. It's kinda hilarious how we are an extreme superpower. Gold or it's a failure. Any other country, "we didn't medal, but we beat Canada in the QF". That's gold for them.

Ah I see.  Yes Canada is still pumping out the best hockey players.

USA is closing the gap in terms of total kids registered in organized hockey but at the end of the day, the best American athletes are choosing baseball, football, or basketball before hockey.  That's why you see the best US born hockey players in the NHL are usually undersized... "left overs" from the other sports.  Size matters in hockey but still matters less than the other sports especially with the NHL trying to become a No Hit League.  My personal conspiracy is that the NHL wants to encourage smaller US born athletes to choose hockey so the NHL has a bigger talent pool to draw from.  Small + skilled instead of big + rough... Chinese players too.

5 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Ah I see.  Yes Canada is still pumping out the best hockey players.

USA is closing the gap in terms of total kids registered in organized hockey but at the end of the day, the best American athletes are choosing baseball, football, or basketball before hockey.  That's why you see the best US born hockey players in the NHL are usually undersized... "left overs" from the other sports.  Size matters in hockey but still matters less than the other sports especially with the NHL trying to become a No Hit League.  My personal conspiracy is that the NHL wants to encourage smaller US born athletes to choose hockey so the NHL has a bigger talent pool to draw from.  Small + skilled instead of big + rough... Chinese players too.

JC. You're messed.lol

You and your rabbit holes. Be a coyote.lol