Stars @ FLAMES Thurs 4 Nov 2021

rocketdoctor

How many times will the Eichel trade be mentioned tonight?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How many times will the Eichel trade be mentioned tonight?

• Many times
    • Far too many times
    • Miles too many times

Last weeks first star to this weeks seive , Sorry boys but that one is on Markstrom, two of the 4 he has to have. The rest of the club looked out os sync tonight as well. You take the point but there was NOTHING in this game that was good, The reffs were even horrible

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Last weeks first star to this weeks seive , Sorry boys but that one is on Markstrom, two of the 4 he has to have. The rest of the club looked out os sync tonight as well. You take the point but there was NOTHING in this game that was good, The reffs were even horrible

It was a typical game against the Stars.

Every game is like this.

Some times we get good goaltending (Rittich and we still lost).

Some times we get sticks in the way or loss of concentration by D.

Zaddy was good for a change.

Kylington was good; not his fault in OT.

We seem to have a problem in OT where we can't defend.

The forward lines are still a work in progress.

No speed from Tkachuk messes up the top line.

Lucic with Dube at C; against a big team Dube gets manhandled.

I like Coleman but I think there may be better use than with Pitlick.

Do we just want a good defensive line?

Monahan off the 4th lne please.

It makes no sense.

18 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It was a typical game against the Stars.

Every game is like this.

Some times we get good goaltending (Rittich and we still lost).

Some times we get sticks in the way or loss of concentration by D.

Zaddy was good for a change.

Kylington was good; not his fault in OT.

We seem to have a problem in OT where we can't defend.

The forward lines are still a work in progress.

No speed from Tkachuk messes up the top line.

Lucic with Dube at C; against a big team Dube gets manhandled.

I like Coleman but I think there may be better use than with Pitlick.

Do we just want a good defensive line?

Monahan off the 4th lne please.

It makes no sense.

Never seen Pitlick in the 3rd or Lewis or Richardson. I do have to say as well Hanifin is not a good, wow that kid makes mistakes. What we witnessed tonight was when you chase the game were are F'ed. You can't role 4 lines cause 2 of them can't produce. When you have to toss Lucic up to the 3rd line its a waste of space, Richardson and Lewis are pointless on the roster. The Gubranson, Zada pairing I don't mind. The best part of them is they can move the puck and don't lose to many one on one battles. They do make the bad turn over once and awhile, but christ Hanifin made 3 in one shift!!!! This was by far one of the worst games we have played this year, out of sync, slow not engaged, crappy PP. Lucky we got the loser point cause this game was a stinker

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Never seen Pitlick in the 3rd or Lewis or Richardson. I do have to say as well Hanifin is not a good, wow that kid makes mistakes. What we witnessed tonight was when you chase the game were are F'ed. You can't role 4 lines cause 2 of them can't produce. When you have to toss Lucic up to the 3rd line its a waste of space, Richardson and Lewis are pointless on the roster. The Gubranson, Zada pairing I don't mind. The best part of them is they can move the puck and don't lose to many one on one battles. They do make the bad turn over once and awhile, but christ Hanifin made 3 in one shift!!!! This was by far one of the worst games we have played this year, out of sync, slow not engaged, crappy PP. Lucky we got the loser point cause this game was a stinker

Sutter was mixing things up a lot.  The parade to the box messed up playing lines, but I think the blender was also out.

The good thing is that if this was their worse game, we still managed a point.

You can fix bad.

You can't fix where you outplay a team and don't score.

Hanifin doesn't play well against heavy teams.

Or at least that appears to be the problem.

He has been good most of the other games he's played.

I know there wasn't a ton of shots, but 5 blocked shots the entire game?

Anyway, I'm not overly PO'd about the loss.

I prefer that we get the 1st goal, but we don't let the games ever get away from us.

When was th last time we were able to say that.

Next game, 2bd of a B2B game for NYR.

Wonder if we get the starter again.

I was in class tonight so I only listed to half of the third period. All I can go off of is what they said about the earlier parts of the game and what happened in the time I was listening.

what I heard was that they were starting to go back to bad habits.  We’ve now had a few losses in a row. Now the good thing is we’ve been getting points out of them and that’s not always what we did the past few years.

10 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Hanifin just can't be trusted with the puck.  He's a 400-game NHL veteran and still makes rookie mistakes.  Tanev and Andersson are two D we want the puck on their stick.  They do smart/safe things with it.  Kylington is wild but he's learning his limits too and his reward is very high.  I would even rate Gudbranson ahead of Hanifin in terms of "safe with the puck".  Hanifin is in the category with Zadorov and Valimaki where you cringe when they try to do something with the puck that requires slightly higher IQ than normal.

11 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Hanifin just can't be trusted with the puck.  He's a 400-game NHL veteran and still makes rookie mistakes.  Tanev and Andersson are two D we want the puck on their stick.  They do smart/safe things with it.  Kylington is wild but he's learning his limits too and his reward is very high.  I would even rate Gudbranson ahead of Hanifin in terms of "safe with the puck".  Hanifin is in the category with Zadorov and Valimaki where you cringe when they try to do something with the puck that requires slightly higher IQ than normal.

I re-watched Kylington's assist on Zaddy's goal.

It was a great pass, but boy howdy that was an incredible one man effort to get to the point of the pass.

Almost lost the puck, but skated into it with ease, controlled entry, drew a delayed penalty on the play and perfect pass to a wide open Zaddy.

Hanifin's time on the PP should be done.  The 3v3 was completely cut from his ice time.  Two of three of the OTL were with him either making a questionable pinch or blowing the coverage on a two on one.  Starfish, give the shooter the lane or hammer the shooter early.  Unfortunately, if you have Tkachuk and Backlund out there, the lazy back check will be present.

I might be inclined to swap Kylington with Hanifin.  I would say that Ras is capable of being the main guy but give him a strong skater with some sense.  Tanev will settle down Hanifin again.  

10 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I was in class tonight so I only listed to half of the third period. All I can go off of is what they said about the earlier parts of the game and what happened in the time I was listening.

what I heard was that they were starting to go back to bad habits.  We’ve now had a few losses in a row. Now the good thing is we’ve been getting points out of them and that’s not always what we did the past few years.

The typical Stars game where the refs let go obvious ones and call marginal at best ones.  Tkachuk was a dick for chirping, but you get why he was doing it.

Not that penalties had anything to do with the outcome.  I believe it was a slash that led to the loss of possession in OT, but whatevs.

Make no mistake, the lineup changes impacted the game flow.  Mangiapane with the 9th lowest 5v5 time of forwards.  Lewis and Richardson were a real problem.  They allowed Dallas to extend zone time and get chances.  The neutral zone was a mess.  Dallas plays a style that exposes those mistakes.  I wouldn't call it old habits as much as poor play.  The passes were off the mark, so the N zone was exposed.  Overall it was a bad game but not the worst.  Marky needs to be better.  Vladar really should have got the start to keep him fresh.  A couple were off deflected shots (OT winner off Backlund's stick, shot goes off Sequin's body), and one a cross-crease perfect pass, but he needs to save the Comeau one and the OT deflected one.