Predators @ FLAMES Tuesday 2 Nov 2021

rocketdoctor

First goal of the game - What time?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. First goal of the game - What time?

• P1 - 20:00-10:01
    • P1 - 10:00-00:00
    • P2 - 20:00-10:01
    • P2 - 10:00-00:00
    • P3 - 20:00-10:01
    • P3 - 10:00-00:00
    • OT

A lot of missed opportunities in the first half. The flames had a lot of pp time. While the refs still missed some calls, especially two in ot that led to the winner. I thought generally that when someone trips a player and the offenders would get a scoring chance out of it that they call those. It’s what should have happened. 

I listened to the first half and it sounds like they let this one get away by not capitalizing on the grade A chances, which were abundant. 

On 11/3/2021 at 10:25 AM, The_People1 said:

I was only able to watch the second period.  By all accounts, we played well and had tons of chances to score in the first period and just didn't finish. It's one of the loses where you are okay with it because if we play the way we play the rest of the way, we going to win more than lose.

We could have had more but ran into a top goalie...again.  Tkachuk was all over it, but his hands are like stone sometimes.  JH missed a gaping cage because the rebound kinda rolled on him and he did a Bennett over the top of the open net.  Tkachuk fell on a clear breakaway.  The OT could have had 2 penalties called on the shift that lead to the GWG, but I think they figured Tkachuk just tripped over his skate laces again.

I like Hanifin, but he is not a 3v3 guy to have out there.  Good mobility, but offense is sketchy.  Two OTL with him on the ice.  So far.  

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

We could have had more but ran into a top goalie...again.  Tkachuk was all over it, but his hands are like stone sometimes.  JH missed a gaping cage because the rebound kinda rolled on him and he did a Bennett over the top of the open net.  Tkachuk fell on a clear breakaway.  The OT could have had 2 penalties called on the shift that lead to the GWG, but I think they figured Tkachuk just tripped over his skate laces again.

I like Hanifin, but he is not a 3v3 guy to have out there.  Good mobility, but offense is sketchy.  Two OTL with him on the ice.  So far.  

Orginally I thought that Backs was tripped but he stepped on the puck, the only other potetnail call would have been on Chucky as interferance but that was grey. Simple fact this one is on Backs and I have to agree that Hanifin should not be on the ice for OT at all. 

15 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Orginally I thought that Backs was tripped but he stepped on the puck, the only other potetnail call would have been on Chucky as interferance but that was grey. Simple fact this one is on Backs and I have to agree that Hanifin should not be on the ice for OT at all. 

It seemed like neither Tkachuk nor Backlund managed at all to get back in the play.

I did have it backwards.

Backlund fell/tripped and Tkachuk took a straight line to the play, but was skating like he was in mud.

Picked by a Nashville player but too late to call.

Backlund never got back in the play.

But really, the Hanifin play never really covered anyone.

Didn't prevent the pass or cover the guy wide open without the puck.

Didn't take the shooter.

I think Markstrom would have preferred facing the guy with the puck over the one-timer.