Flyers @ FLAMES Sat 30 October 2021

rocketdoctor

How many shots from both teams combined in the 1st Period?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How many shots from both teams combined in the 1st Period?

Good to see Hanifin back in, but a little disappointed that Valimaki sits.

Such will be the case with depth.

Sutter suggested that the guys playing are the ones that played well, so Valimaki must not have played well.

At least they didn't disturb the pairs that have worked so far.

Philly is both a fast team and a big team, so we shall see if Zadorov can handle it.

No other changes to lines its seems.

It will be a goalie battle tonight.

Hart had a good performance against EDM, but he is beatable.

Get to him early.

First goal tonight - Mangiapane.

Total shots in 1st = 21.

Just watched Sutters presser, got to love the guy. The facts are we won but the game in Pittsburg was nothing to be happy about. The best thing with Sutter is everything is a competition, play better your in. If Zadorov I thought was errogant and really felt he didn't want to be here when we traded for him, frankly he has played that way as well. What has been set is if you don't paly well you don't get in, Period. What we need in the locker room is a guy like Kobe Bryant, that pushes his team mates to win. Seen an interview with Kobe him saying you better be prepared to work harder longer and compete harder and longer than you ever have before. My role is not to be a good team mate, my role is to make you a champion.  Man we need someone like that to slap the C on...

Tonights first Goal. Monahan he is due

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Just watched Sutters presser, got to love the guy. The facts are we won but the game in Pittsburg was nothing to be happy about. The best thing with Sutter is everything is a competition, play better your in. If Zadorov I thought was errogant and really felt he didn't want to be here when we traded for him, frankly he has played that way as well. What has been set is if you don't paly well you don't get in, Period. What we need in the locker room is a guy like Kobe Bryant, that pushes his team mates to win. Seen an interview with Kobe him saying you better be prepared to work harder longer and compete harder and longer than you ever have before. My role is not to be a good team mate, my role is to make you a champion.  Man we need someone like that to slap the C on...

Tonights first Goal. Monahan he is due

Well actually Sutter thought it was a good game against PITTS, better than the game against NJ.

I could have it backwards but I thought he said it was better than last game (NJ).

It's so funny listening to his pressers.  5 words or less answers.

Said that winning isn't what makes a good game.

Said Zadorov was in, but he might dress 8 D.

Said you play well you stay in, you play poorly you sit.

I suppose it is possible that Valimaki is a healthy scratch in advance of a trade.

Let’s hope we don’t see 2 shades of the Flames tonight…home vs the away version (thus far). If Sutter can make this roster play like the dominant home teams he had in the 2000s…AND we continue road success. We will be so deadly this year! 

Here’s hoping for a solid showing in front of the home crowd in costumes! 

3 minutes ago, rickross said:

Let’s hope we don’t see 2 shades of the Flames tonight…home vs the away version (thus far). If Sutter can make this roster play like the dominant home teams he had in the 2000s…AND we continue road success. We will be so deadly this year! 

Here’s hoping for a solid showing in front of the home crowd in costumes! 

I don;t think we played our only other home game badly.

It was a loss in OT.

A little sloppy with the giveaways, but 45 shots

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I don;t think we played our only other home game badly.

It was a loss in OT.

A little sloppy with the giveaways, but 45 shots

We played a solid game it’s just the fact we lost compared to our road run where Flames were fairly dominant. The shots is the big issue still. 40 shots is unsustainable, think Sutter can get that cleaned up though. 

I’m really respecting the Flyers play style so far, Vignault has them playing some tight hockey.