UFA 2020, Who’d You Sign?

robrob74

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ABC923 said:

Never heard of him, ahl deal?

I would assume so. He hasn't looked very good in the NHL despite having a bit of a promise a few years ago.

sounds like it is more of an AHL signing according to Spector which makes more sense. Going from markstrom to him would be.. well something...

Just now, ABC923 said:

If we give a NMC to Markstrom, the term and dollar amount better be lower. 4 years 5 million per?

My concern about the deal would be it being like Lucic's; buyout proof.

5 years is fine, as we don't have a backup plan right now.

Wolf and Parsons are our only hopes in the next 3 years.

I don't care so much about the NMC, but it does create some expectations for other players.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

The Markstrom contract is going to be bad at the back end for sure, but the biggest failing of Treliving in his time in Calgary gas been landing that number 1 netminder. I think you need to take the risk.

Yup it's FA, you don't sign good contracts to good players on day 1 so you just need to accept it. 

As long as they keep the AAV at 6 or under i'm Ok and i'm less concerned about a 5th or 6th year. Flames cap opens up so even if they had to go the buyout route i'ts manageable. They clearly want to win now, so I agree you need to take the risk. Playing it safe is not going to get this team further. 

Archived