UFA 2020, Who’d You Sign?

robrob74

4 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

So would we be okay giving Markstrom a NMC?

Flames policy, as of last off seasons is not give out no move clauses. 

There is also no reason to go there. If Markstrom signs in Calgary the flames will protect him in the expansion draft guaranteed, as they have no other option. Obviously that isn’t the case in Vancouver. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Here my ideal scenario for tomorrow:

1.Sign Markstrom 5 x $5.5m

2.Sign Hall 7 x $7

3.Sign Vatanen 4 x $5

4.Sign Pitlick 3 x $1.5

Trade Gaudreau and Ryan to Colorado for Tyson Jost, Nikita Zadorov and a pick or prospect.

Hall-Monahan-Lindholm

Tkachuk-Backlund-Mangiapane

Dube-Bennett-Jost

Lucic-Gawdin-Pitlick

Giordano-Vatanen

Hanifin-Andersson

Valimaki-Zadarov

Markstrom

Rittich

I didn't check the cap, I am probably over, but hey the team looks great.

not bad but I’d regather they re-up Brodie at 4x$5 otherwise not bad...

also, if Col is a no go, could trade JG to NYR for Strome and Gauthier...bulk up the RW where we are super thin As Yeltsin is probably ready for the show now...or so it seems 

lines would be kinda like:

Hall-Monahan-Lindholm 

Tachuck-Backlund-Strome 

Manjipane-Bennett-gauthier

Lucic-Gaudwin-Dube

gio-Brodie

hanifin-Andersson

Valimaki-Yeltsin 

stronger RW depth and as good or better D depth 

Markstrom 

Ritter 

7 hours ago, cross16 said:

Flames policy, as of last off seasons is not give out no move clauses. 

There is also no reason to go there. If Markstrom signs in Calgary the flames will protect him in the expansion draft guaranteed, as they have no other option. Obviously that isn’t the case in Vancouver. 

If the semantics got the deal done , I could see them giving one for the first year..just to show the guarantee

11 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Im to the feeling if we dont sign Hall or atleast markstrom it is a failure i dont expect both but one or the other

I expect both or Holtby and Hall 

i expect we sign Hall unless we drop the ball and go hard at only Markstrom, but I do expect Hall, and also to be saying thank you to Gaudreau in a trade after the Hall signing 

as for Simmonds on a 2x2 deal that would be pretty nice on 3rd with Lucic and Bennet but where to put Manji...he needs 3rd line duty but 2nd line is out side his ability, maybe in a year or two but he’s not really “broken out” into top 6 yet...he’s Absolutely awesome on 3rd line...in an ideal world if we could land 2 RW capable  2nd line+ duty a 3rd of

Manji-Bennet- other by trade

simmonds on the 4th with Lucic and Dube at Ctr maybe? 

On Boomer and Warrener this morning they made an interesting point, if Treliving strikes out on Markstrom and Hall in free agency, that maybe they stay patient and use their cap space to "help" teams out and take contracts from other teams. Like the Ryan Murray for a 5th deal.

5 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

On Boomer and Warrener this morning they made an interesting point, if Treliving strikes out on Markstrom and Hall in free agency, that maybe they stay patient and use their cap space to "help" teams out and take contracts from other teams. Like the Ryan Murray for a 5th deal.

That sounds like a terrible idea. If the team is going to be patient (patient for what I dont know) then just trade off what you can for prospects/picks. Why use up your cap space to help other teams?  It's not like the team needs to reach the floor or anything.  Use the cap space as leverage in trades with cap strapped teams.

Ok 5 mins to go...

my prediction is BT will do the following (probably totally wrong but):

1. re-up Brodie

2. Sign Hall and Markstrom 

3. signs 1 bottom pair d

4.Gaudreau trades  to NYR for Strome + (Gauthier? Or something like that or a D)

ok that’s my guess lets see how close or far off I am lol!

Archived