travel_dude

10 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

FWIW the 1st round pick isnt the worry. Its the roster player (Bennett? Mangiapane?) AND the future star (Dube? Valamaki?) Dorian was out GMed by previous deals, he will hold out to the point where it may not even happen.

If we don't get Stone we will never know what BT offered up. As a rental I would hope he offered up the 1st 2019, Jankowski, Mangiapane and Czarnik. If he signs with us add our 2020 1st. If you are going to land a player such as Stone this is what it will take.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I think BT is gonna wait until the last hour until he does something. I wouldn’t say he’s completely out on Stone like Winnipeg was, because if that was the case I think he would have made a move. He’s gonna wait to see what plays out in otttawa and act accordingly 

That's where I'm at.

He will have two potential deals in place.

One will be the max deal with OTT, and not a penny more.  Agree or walk away.

The other will be a lesser player (MJ or AB or Hoffman) that is the fall back plan.

At the 11th hour, BT will call the bluff on Dorion.

Crap or get off the pot.

Crap and the deal is done.

Off the pot and the next deal is done.

Look, we were in on Stone and had a deal in place that “fell through”. I find it hard to believe we truly walk away from Stone after that much progress. However, if Stone and his agent are the reason it fell apart, then we’re out for sure. Another team will pay Stone what he wants in UFA, and it will no doubt be more than what BT would offer him. 

I think the big hold up is Stone wants to wait till July to sign a deal with anyone. This drops the price teams will pay and Dorion knows he won't be able to match other offers. Dorion will wait till the last minute to show his fan base he did everything possible and had to cave to the best offer.

1 minute ago, redfire11 said:

I think the big hold up is Stone wants to wait till July to sign a deal with anyone. This drops the price teams will pay and Dorion knows he won't be able to match other offers. Dorion will wait till the last minute to show his fan base he did everything possible and had to cave to the best offer.

exactly this .. the sense I get is it ended with , " we will give you X if he signs an extension " then found out signing him is not an option (very likely why the team refused to let teams talk to him previously )

now its gone from teams competing to get an offer Dorion likes.. to competing with each other to give Dorion the best offer hes going to get ..its totally a game of Chicken now 

I should also add..this is a career defining moment for BT..  if he ends up not making the deal, he will be taken seriously in the future by all GMs that when he says "this is my best offer". He means it 

A lot like when Burke didn't trade Cammalleri, he wanted a 2nd , didn't get it so didn't trade the player .. that allowed I'm sure the good returns on Glencross and Russell 

29 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Agreed..we have to hang onto that top spot and play the 8 seed.. that's key.. vegas or STL first round will be scary 

Point is to make a run you have to through, St louis, WPG, NSH, Vegas. If your not going to bigger and more physical your only option is to out score your opposition. Our top line has been shut down as of late, our only weapon has been scoring, for me the more ammo and bigger gun the better 

1 minute ago, tmac70 said:

Point is to make a run you have to through, St louis, WPG, NSH, Vegas. If your not going to bigger and more physical your only option is to out score your opposition. Our top line has been shut down as of late, our only weapon has been scoring, for me the more ammo and bigger gun the better 

Oh agreed.. just saying I'd rather have a softer first round and let those teams beat each other up a bit first 

ill put it out there that if we don’t get Stone, I think BT tries for Brassard for C depth (protecting against injury at a low cost) and/or takes aim at Skinner from Buffalo. He’s a UFA and hasn’t signed yet... could be one of those BT blind side trades. 

Sure sounds like it's Stone or bust for the Flames, other than maybe depth. 

I can understand the logic, but it also had the potential to be a mistake and potential that we look back on this as a missed opportunity. I don't think the Hayes price was too far out there.

I think the Flames are still "in" on Stone they are just trying to put pressure ont he Sens to drop the ask but I also think it's clear they've made him their only primary target.. 

5 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

A little less simple.

Depth scoring.

PP excellence.

PK excellence.

Goalie performing at a top level.

We've lost games that we scored enough.

But the PK or goaltending was bad.

Scoring is not the big issue.

2 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

ill put it out there that if we don’t get Stone, I think BT tries for Brassard for C depth (protecting against injury at a low cost) and/or takes aim at Skinner from Buffalo. He’s a UFA and hasn’t signed yet... could be one of those BT blind side trades. 

I have no doubt he has deals B,C,D in his back pocket likely having left that team with "here's my best offer I'll let you know at 1245" ..

Stone is 100% causing a traffic jam right now 

See with Neal Personally im Gonna hold on Critism cause Look how long it took hamonic to learn the team last Year we were all the same trade hamonic now this year it is different i think Neal may just need that first year being with new team and adjusting and settleing in properly like hamonic did

Archived