Blockbuster: Hamilton Ferland Fox for Hanifin Lindholm

The_People1

On 1/19/2019 at 0:49 PM, The_People1 said:

Agreed.  

There does seem to be more big named players available this trade deadline though so maybe the price drops around the league with less buyers.

Holland said Kronwall won't be traded unless he requests a trade.

He likely wants to retire a Wings after this season.

Too bad, Detroit could use the assets.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

lol. I understand.

No saying Neal doesn't have a role to play yet in this surprising season.

I don't get this BP and what he does with these forward lines. I admit I never coached hockey but if you find something that seemed to worked just the previous game would you not come back with the same set up just to see if it works again ? The line of Tkachuk, Backlund and Frolik works and when challenged seems to work that much better. Two games ago the line of Bennett, Ryan and Neal played really well together. Then this past game we see Neal with Backlund, Ryan back to the 4th line and Tkachuk with Jankowski and Bennett on RW again. This BP drives me crazy because it seems he always comes back to the normal lines come the 3rd period ??? Is this some whacked out strategy to throw the opposition coverage off ? Drives me crazy

6 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

I don't get this BP and what he does with these forward lines. I admit I never coached hockey but if you find something that seemed to worked just the previous game would you not come back with the same set up just to see if it works again ? The line of Tkachuk, Backlund and Frolik works and when challenged seems to work that much better. Two games ago the line of Bennett, Ryan and Neal played really well together. Then this past game we see Neal with Backlund, Ryan back to the 4th line and Tkachuk with Jankowski and Bennett on RW again. This BP drives me crazy because it seems he always comes back to the normal lines come the 3rd period ??? Is this some whacked out strategy to throw the opposition coverage off ? Drives me crazy

I'd have to assume that he like's to line match pregame, knowing full well that he can change course any time during the game.

That takes a lot of work and staying hyper-focused. So he's putting in the work.

GG wouldn't even consider putting Brodano back together for a start, so it's refreshing to see a coach think his way through games. lol

9 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'd have to assume that he like's to line match pregame, knowing full well that he can change course any time during the game.

That takes a lot of work and staying hyper-focused. So he's putting in the work.

GG wouldn't even consider putting Brodano back together for a start, so it's refreshing to see a coach think his way through games. lol

Who is GG again?

The Oilers coach responsible for their PP or PK?

Saw a closeup of him last night and he was wearing a Secret Service earpiece.  Is he getting feeds from Chia real-time now, or is he listening to oldies like Flock of Seagulls.

12 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Who is GG again?

The Oilers coach responsible for their PP or PK?

Saw a closeup of him last night and he was wearing a Secret Service earpiece.  Is he getting feeds from Chia real-time now, or is he listening to oldies like Flock of Seagulls.

Sorry to inform you that this is an error. It was McDavid playing Flock of Seagulls apparently. His favourite song is "I ran". 

[Chorus]
And I ran, I ran so far away
I just ran, I ran all night and day
And I ran, I ran so far away
I just ran, I couldn't get away

34 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I believe there as to be a "yeah but" in here. I would have thought he would be done by now with so much experimenting with lines and want to settle into ones that work. Like you refer to he can see Giordano and Brodie works and stays with it for the most part. Hamonic and Hanifin same deal. I dunno, Frolik seems to be happiest wand plays his best when with Tkachuk and Backlund so run with it. I don't think Neal is happy at all but Jankowski and Bennett are thrilled. Ryan has been all over the map and is likely wondering just where he fits with this team. Anyways its his team, I will just keep my program handy.

1 minute ago, MAC331 said:

I believe there as to be a "yeah but" in here. I would have thought he would be done by now with so much experimenting with lines and want to settle into ones that work. Like you refer to he can see Giordano and Brodie works and stays with it for the most part. Hamonic and Hanifin same deal. I dunno, Frolik seems to be happiest wand plays his best when with Tkachuk and Backlund so run with it. I don't think Neal is happy at all but Jankowski and Bennett are thrilled. Ryan has been all over the map and is likely wondering just where he fits with this team. Anyways its his team, I will just keep my program handy.

:lol:

That's looking like the right thing to do.

Open heart, open mind is paying off so far.

BP'll have to show he can coach in the playoffs. Always great coaching.

Practicing all he wants right now isn't hurting.

NHL play will get tighter real soon.

It'll be interesting to see if we pass the test.

Lots of good moving parts.

Just now, Cowtownguy said:

I like me some 80s metal dude.

You mean Hair Metal? lol

Like Twisted Sister and Ratt?

A little contrived, no?

This is my generation, and I had to be consoled by my siblings 70's generation and exploring everything not pop culture, lol.

It was an ouright embarrasment. lol

Wasn't until the Seattle crew dragging rock's dead body out of the gutter in the 90's for me.

17 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

You mean Hair Metal? lol

Like Twisted Sister and Ratt?

A little contrived, no?

This is my generation, and I had to be consoled by my siblings 70's generation and exploring everything not pop culture, lol.

It was an ouright embarrasment. lol

Wasn't until the Seattle crew dragging rock's dead body out of the gutter in the 90's for me.

Nah, I was not into "glam metal" that much. I liked the heavier stuff because I used to play the guitar. My favourite song of all time is "She Sells Sanctuary" by the Cult. 

19 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

Nah, I was not into "glam metal" that much. I liked the heavier stuff because I used to play the guitar. My favourite song of all time is "She Sells Sanctuary" by the Cult. 

When I saw my first Guns & Roses video, sweet child o' mine, 4 of us literally stood there for near the whole song, wondering if Axl was our buddy Leroy.

I love She Sells Sanctuary, but damn, he actually thinks he's Jim Morrison. I don't mean kind of.

Saw The Doors with him singing at the dome many years ago.

Without John Densmore, so half of the Doors.

At best, that fellow is simply bizarre.

Jeff Martin from the Tea Party said, I may look and sound like Jim Morrison, sorry, but that guy actually thinks he's Jim Morrison.

I witnessed it that night.

Edit

And Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam inducted The Doors into the Hall of Fame and sang their songs. Not nutboy. lol

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

When I saw my first Guns & Roses video, sweet child o' mine, 4 of us literally stood there for near the whole song, wondering if Axl was our buddy Leroy.

I love She Sells Sanctuary, but damn, he actually thinks he's Jim Morrison. I don't mean kind of.

Saw The Doors with him singing at the dome many years ago.

Without John Densmore, so half of the Doors.

At best, that fellow is simply bizarre.

Jeff Martin from the Tea Party said, I may look and sound like Jim Morrison, sorry, but that guy actually thinks he's Jim Morrison.

I witnessed it that night.

Loved the Tea Party. Buddy of mine said it was the loudest concert he had ever attended.

17 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

Loved the Tea Party. Buddy of mine said it was the loudest concert he had ever attended.

I knew those guys back in the day. From Windsor.

Knew the Hip guys too. From Kingston. Just to strike a balance between fun and Hash Rate. lol

The Hip were awesome to be around.

Jeff Martin is a dick, tbh. Pretentious as Blockchain.

edit

jfc I just checked wiki to see the Tea Party story, what a mistake.

I was a beatnik.The Hip are beatniks.

What a joke their name came from the movement.

You've got to be kidding me you Blockchaining posers.

Yeah, you're the Van Halen of beatniks, great.

22 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I knew those guys back in the day. From Windsor.

Knew the Hip guys too. From Kingston. Just to strike a balance between fun and Hash Rate. lol

The Hip were awesome to be around.

Jeff Martin is a dick, tbh. Pretentious as Blockchain.

edit

jfc I just checked wiki to see the Tea Party story, what a mistake.

I was a beatnik.The Hip are beatniks.

What a joke their name came from the movement.

You've got to be kidding me you Blockchaining posers.

Yeah, you're the Van Halen of beatniks, great.

Wasn't it actually tea baggers at first until they found out what that meant? B)

I don't care about the era of the music, I am more focused on talent. Not big on groups that don't play actual instruments. Rap drove me insane. 

2 hours ago, MAC331 said:

One more game dude, and then the real season starts. I really hope that Neal raises his game soon. If the third line could click, who know how far we go?

On 2019-01-19 at 3:25 AM, The_People1 said:

Kronwall is probably the other one who will be highly sought after.  He can change a game or a series with one big hit/KO.  I hope the Flames can land him as a rental but he's going to cost a 1st rounder for sure.  Probably the classic 1st + prospect + roster player.  So, might be some combination of Mangiapane, Czarnik, Gillies, Quine, ...maybe Kylington but hopefully not as expensive as Dube.

38 year old rental.  Yeah, like someone is going to pay that.  Not even close, and even if we did, where does he play?  Its a bad idea, but hey, if a 3/4th rounder would suffice, he can come in and rotate at 3LD with Kylington and Valimaki.

36 minutes ago, cccsberg said:

38 year old rental.  Yeah, like someone is going to pay that.  Not even close, and even if we did, where does he play?  Its a bad idea, but hey, if a 3/4th rounder would suffice, he can come in and rotate at 3LD with Kylington and Valimaki.

What do u think Kronwall will cost then?  No way a 3rd rounder. There's too much interest in adding veteran depth D for playoffs teams.

14 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

Wasn't it actually tea baggers at first until they found out what that meant? B)

I don't care about the era of the music, I am more focused on talent. Not big on groups that don't play actual instruments. Rap drove me insane. 

One more game dude, and then the real season starts. I really hope that Neal raises his game soon. If the third line could click, who know how far we go?

I guess that is my point, it can't be just Neal but has to be a well put together line were everyone's game can be elevated.

• 2 months later...

I really hate this college rule where after 4 years, prospects can go UFA.  The NHL should force them to re-enter the NHL entry draft instead. 

Or, if a team submits a qualifying offer (aka the Rookie maximum), then the team automatically retains the player's rights until they are 27.

Next CBA I guess.

Archived