TV Coverage

travel_dude

What is up with SN coverage of the Flames this year.

Oct. 19 - SN Flames only

Oct 21 - CBC

Oct 24 - SN Flames only

Oct 25 - SN 360

Oct 27 - SN 360

Oct 29 - SN 360

Nov 2 - SNW

Nov 5 - SN 360

Some of these games may be on the PPV channels.  Usually the SN Flames games.  Not always.  This bites.

On 10/18/2017 at 7:10 PM, travel_dude said:

What is up with SN coverage of the Flames this year.

Oct. 19 - SN Flames only

Oct 21 - CBC

Oct 24 - SN Flames only

Oct 25 - SN 360

Oct 27 - SN 360

Oct 29 - SN 360

Nov 2 - SNW

Nov 5 - SN 360

Some of these games may be on the PPV channels.  Usually the SN Flames games.  Not always.  This bites.

My problem with the coverage is the late 8:30 starts. I hate it what the east views will get priority over the Flames too.

Surely the idiots down east can use a PVR to record our games and watch it after they watch their game.

I want to watch Flames only.... from start to finish. I am not interested very often in a marathon hockey viewing day.

22 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

My problem with the coverage is the late 8:30 starts. I hate it what the east views will get priority over the Flames too.

Surely the idiots down east can use a PVR to record our games and watch it after they watch their game.

I want to watch Flames only.... from start to finish. I am not interested very often in a marathon hockey viewing day.

Thankyou. :lol:

Out here we get Jets protected area on TSN & out in Alberta Flames games seem to be on SN Flames most of the time.

I'll stay up for regular station Flames games but I have to be very interested in a particular game to pay the price (or find the alternative B)) & then stay up late.

If you see 8:30 as late imagine us fans further east or our buddy CF in Germany. Sorry, not shedding tears DD.

1 hour ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Out here we get Jets protected area on TSN & out in Alberta Flames games seem to be on SN Flames most of the time.

I'll stay up for regular station Flames games but I have to be very interested in a particular game to pay the price (or find the alternative B)) & then stay up late.

If you see 8:30 as late imagine us fans further east or our buddy CF in Germany. Sorry, not shedding tears DD.

Being from NS, I used to only be able to watch Flames games on HNIC or the occasional TSN game.  SN was only Sens games.  

11pm start on Saturdays or 10pm weeknights that you could actually watch them.  Playoff games started as late as 11:30pm.

SN likes to show whatever team's barn they hold the rights to.  Rogers's Place.  Roger's Center.  Roger's whatever.   

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Being from NS, I used to only be able to watch Flames games on HNIC or the occasional TSN game.  SN was only Sens games.  

11pm start on Saturdays or 10pm weeknights that you could actually watch them.  Playoff games started as late as 11:30pm.

SN likes to show whatever team's barn they hold the rights to.  Rogers's Place.  Roger's Center.  Roger's whatever.   

Roger on that! It's all clear good buddy (trucker talk).

I think part s still TSN holding broadcast rights in certain areas in Canada that allows them exclusive rights to certain areas.

The NHL decries piracy but when the block subscribers in certatain areas they encourage it.

2 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

I get up at 02:30 am to commute 125 kms to work. Some days I don't get back home(125kms back) until 7-8pm. at least if they start at a reasonable 7pm I can watch a period or two. I was not asking for sympathy but rather consider the times for the home crowd,

13 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Roger on that! It's all clear good buddy (trucker talk).

I think part s still TSN holding broadcast rights in certain areas in Canada that allows them exclusive rights to certain areas.

The NHL decries piracy but when the block subscribers in certatain areas they encourage it.

I should point out that 8 years ago I moved to Alberta.  Still have issues with coverage, but nothing like back there.  Fortunately there are other ways to skin a cat.  I am able to watch every game, though sometimes the streams are a little muddy.  

On October 19, 2017 at 8:18 PM, DirtyDeeds said:

They would have to be able to identify Alberta on a map of Canada to alter the schedule around us. Remember, according to the MSM, Canada=Toronto. The rest is treated like outer Mongolia. I am also not into marathon hockey. 

Another two games this weekend, another two games not covered on SN.  SN 360 is not available even though you get SN1 and SN Flames and SN Oilers.

Not sure how they claim to have coverage of all games, since it's not a normal channel.  That's like TSN 1-5.  Extra cost to get the 2-5 channels.

Anyway, I will get to watch on a dubious stream.  I guess I shouldn't complain.  Can see every Oilers game ever played.  

I suspect the World Series and important NBA games take precedence.  You know, for all those Brooklyn Nets and NY Knicks fans in Canada.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Another two games this weekend, another two games not covered on SN.  SN 360 is not available even though you get SN1 and SN Flames and SN Oilers.

Not sure how they claim to have coverage of all games, since it's not a normal channel.  That's like TSN 1-5.  Extra cost to get the 2-5 channels.

Anyway, I will get to watch on a dubious stream.  I guess I shouldn't complain.  Can see every Oilers game ever played.  

I suspect the World Series and important NBA games take precedence.  You know, for all those Brooklyn Nets and NY Knicks fans in Canada.

Who is your service provider? Telus just gave me 360 with my sports package. I thought it was automatic. That seems unusual that you don't get that channel.

2 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

Who is your service provider? Telus just gave me 360 with my sports package. I thought it was automatic. That seems unusual that you don't get that channel.

Shaw in EDM.  I had to pay extra just to get SN.  Only includes SN SN1 and SN Flames/Oilers.  

Under old packs so they may be different now.

I should get them to swap dome crap out, though 360 is almost never used for regular season.

7 minutes ago, Die hard Flame said:

As a die hard Flame we would rather have all Flames games televised and not interested in other teams' games. Why aren't we privileged?

That's not really the point.  You can live anywhere and be a fan.  You can only live in some areas and watch all of the Flames games.

What cable companies and channels do it make it so you have to pay extra for the luxury of watching the game they said would be available.

If you want to watch the Flame play CHI, AZI, NJ, WASH, etc you have to hope you have 360.     

• 2 months later...
On October 28, 2017 at 11:11 AM, travel_dude said:

That's not really the point.  You can live anywhere and be a fan.  You can only live in some areas and watch all of the Flames games.

What cable companies and channels do it make it so you have to pay extra for the luxury of watching the game they said would be available.

If you want to watch the Flame play CHI, AZI, NJ, WASH, etc you have to hope you have 360.     

[sarcasm]Well, Rogers has a hard time showing all of the Flames games what with all of those exciting darts games, poker, spoon on your nose competitions etc. 

ETA: They only have what, 6 channels? Cut them some slack.

[/sarcasm]

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2017 at 4:57 PM, travel_dude said:

A game between the Flames and Lightning and have to either have SN360 or use a dubious stream.  Don't have 360, so it's option 2 again.  Nice to see the Oiler play on SN coverage tonight.  :rolleyes:

On 2/1/2018 at 3:11 PM, travel_dude said:

A game between the Flames and Lightning and have to either have SN360 or use a dubious stream.  Don't have 360, so it's option 2 again.  Nice to see the Oiler play on SN coverage tonight.  :rolleyes:

When the Flames get a new arena (yes, I still think it's a matter of when), they just need to sell the naming rights to Rogers...   End of problem...    :ph34r:

11 hours ago, Carty said:

When the Flames get a new arena (yes, I still think it's a matter of when), they just need to sell the naming rights to Rogers...   End of problem...    :ph34r:

Live from the Rogers Rib Palace in beautiful downtown Kansas City, it's the BOR (Battle of Rogers) featuring the Edmonton Oilers against the Kansas City Flames.

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Live from the Rogers Rib Palace in beautiful downtown Kansas City, it's the BOR (Battle of Rogers) featuring the Edmonton Oilers against the Kansas City Flames.

Better idea...   Send Nenshi to Kansas...

On 2018-02-03 at 10:01 AM, Carty said:

Better idea...   Send Nenshi to Kansas...

I think if the Flames moved I’d be done for hockey. I don’t really follow any other teams. I listen to Canucks radio because it’s here in Vancouver, but I don’t like them. I just like the discussions... 

• 11 months later...

Archived