Brian Elliott

Going4TheCup

I think this is a good trade for giving up not that much. Brad Treliving said also that he is still looking to improve goaltending but is Elliot the Answer? GO FLAMES GO!

Welcome Mr Elliot.

I was listening to the radio feed. Corey Hirsch who coached him had some awesome things to say to Flames Fans on who we are getting.

Last 5 years best Sv%

More than able to start 60+ games.

Not injury prone

Consummate Pro both in practice and at Games.

One of the hardest working players he has ever seen(all positions)

His price tag fits us like a silk glove.

He was snubbed multiple times in Career.. expect him to be ready to show/earn his #1 spot.

Welcome Mr Elliot.

I was listening to the radio feed. Corey Hirsch who coached him had some awesome things to say to Flames Fans on who we are getting.

Last 5 years best Sv%

Not injury prone

He was snubbed multiple times in Career.. expect him to be ready to show/earn his #1 spot.

There doesn't really seem like there's any downside to this.  Gillies will have a long ways to go to beat this guy for the starter job in a few years.  One of the things I like about him is that he is big.  Not Bishop tall/big, but big.  Even with smaller pads he will take up a lot of net.

He will fit like a glove in CGY.  The right age.  Nobody breathing down his neck.  An offensive team to play behind.  Maybe we can actually win a few games when we score 2 or less.

For folks interested There probably wont be a Elliot Interview till much later as he is in croatia and it is 3am there

I don't really want to hear from him until he gets a chance to digest it.  It's a big change for him and a bit humbling to be traded for a 2nd.  Not when you hear what the asking price was for MAF, or what Toronto paid.

He's a pro, so I think he will be happy about it when he knows he will be the #1, and will play with a surging team.  

Welcome Mr Elliot.

Last 5 years best Sv%

Not injury prone

Hey Dirts.

I was glad to see the Flames got Matthew Tkuchuk but when I saw Elliot was here. RIGHT ON!!

\Thanks for the stats. He looks great, and that price is unbeatable. Now we've got something to start with this season. BT is still looking for more. He is impressing me.

Chance to be a #1 on an up-and-coming team in his contract year. He's sending thank you cards to Bob Murray and Jim Rutherford as we speak. A top 6 free agent forward and we're done.

Do you think that Elliott will have a contract extension with the Flames or is it too soon to say?

Do you think that Elliott will have a contract extension with the Flames or is it too soon to say?

Personally I think give him half the year and see how he and our back-up do. No hurry to extend him. We'll give him the money if he plays well. It gets frustrating time and time again seeing teams give out a lot of money before it's really necessary to do so. Give him time to earn the money and earn his spot on the protected list. He wanted out of St. Louis to be a #1 and get one last big contract so here is his chance to prove he deserves it. By then Gillies will hopefully be ready for prime time.

I don't really want to hear from him until he gets a chance to digest it.  It's a big change for him and a bit humbling to be traded for a 2nd.  Not when you hear what the asking price was for MAF, or what Toronto paid.

He's a pro, so I think he will be happy about it when he knows he will be the #1, and will play with a surging team.  

He has one year remaining on his contract and will be the outright starter here, what is there to be upset about by him.

I say start discussions for an extension after TDL if his play this season warrants it. If we make the playoffs, put talks on hold. Then, have an idea what you can sign him for before that 10 day frenzy before the expansion draft so you can see what other goalie options there are. I think a guy like Bishop will come down in price if there aren't a lot of teams looking for a starter. I think Rutherford will be begging us for a pick to take Fleury, but we'll target Murray instead and stick it to him. :P

Truth be told, however, I hope Elliott is our guy over the rest and that we can avoid looking at other goalies at season's end. I like him and think he'll be a good fit here. BT has simply positioned us well just in case it doesn't work out.

Chance to be a #1 on an up-and-coming team in his contract year. He's sending thank you cards to Bob Murray and Jim Rutherford as we speak. A top 6 free agent forward and we're done.

He's finally got his shot as an undisputed #1, guy he deserves it. He's always had to deal with a short leash. With goalies they say it's between the ears and he's proven to be mentally tough. Really good goalie!!

I hope the Flames fans embrace the name and start yelling his name after a stellar save.

Mooooooose !!!!!

His twitter avatar used to have a Blues Jersey, but he changed it to a better one this morning...

926149a18eeed86074902205308edf7d.png

I am confident that Elliott will be a solid goaltender provided that he is properly supported by the defence. Our defence needs to make it uncomfortable or impossible for the opposition to just remain in front of net during a shooting gallery. Our coaches can preach transition just as Hartley did, but if we are hemmed in, the goalie needs Reggie type support. If Gulutzan does not make this happen, we run the risk of shattering Elliott's confidence. From what I have seen with Elliott, he is remarkably talented. He will need support though.

Archived