Mason Raymond

conundrumed

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I repeat now that Bennett has been put into the lineup Raymond isn't a fit on any other line. Time to quit worrying about Raymond I think we have our answer for now and next year.

The time to quit worrying about Raymond is when he is taken off the lineup and replaced with another player.  As a 4th line RW, he makes little impact.  As a 7 minute per game player, he makes little impact.  Time to give youth the reins and let them take off.

Arnold, Granlund, Shore, Poirier, etc.  Doesn't matter which one; whichever looks best in practice and brings it.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all regarding Raymond however I think team wise you stay with players that have played some time with the team for these playoffs.

You seem to be pumping Arnold and Poirier when I don't think they are even being considered.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all regarding Raymond however I think team wise you stay with players that have played some time with the team for these playoffs.

You seem to be pumping Arnold and Poirier when I don't think they are even being considered.

Poirier and Arnold are my personal choices, as they could be impact players like Bennett was.  Are they being considered by Hartley?  Absolutely, as they are part of the Black Aces that can play in the playoffs.  Will they likely play in game one? Not likely.

Shore and Granlund are players that played in the NHL recetly, and Granlund had two games against VAN.  I do not consider Raymond to be a lock to play all games (or any) against ANA. If he does, it will be due to his success against that team in past years.  If not, it is due to his shortcomings or another player showing up in practice.

Darren Haynes was on NHL radio today he said that teams that Mason Raymond has played for are 7-4-1 at the Honda Center and he has 6 goals in those 12 games.

Just some food for thought.

I knew that, but who did he play for and play with then?  And how much of that was when he was still healthy (prior to 2010)?

At most he played 3 games for teams other than Vancouver.  That Vancouver team was during his prime.

Some rumour mongering (all I can call it at this point):

Maybe one change after all. Shore for Raymond? RT @RogMillions: Drew Shore taking a shift with Jooris and Bollig. Hmmmmm #Flames

David Wolf taking morning skate with #Flames something tells me we see him sometime his series. How long for not too sure..

Maybe trying to put together 3 scoring lines gives the Ducks something to worry about. Given Hudler's OK, it sound like Ferland has a concussion.

Gaudreau, Monahan, Hudler

Bennett, Backlund, Colborne

Raymond, Granlund, Jooris

Bollig, Stajan, Jones

Try this.

Maybe trying to put together 3 scoring lines gives the Ducks something to worry about. Given Hudler's OK, it sound like Ferland has a concussion.

Gaudreau, Monahan, Hudler

Bennett, Backlund, Colborne

Raymond, Granlund, Jooris

Bollig, Stajan, Jones

Try this.

Hartley said Ferland most likely will be playing Sunday. Saying that, it might be a good time to bring in Wolfie to give the Ducks another guy to worry about. He is as good scoring as Ferland, and gives a 4th line some added toughness. Shore was OK, but was pushed around a lot last game. There is nothing that I have seen in Raymond that offers any solution to the Duckies.

Hartley added that Ferland was not suffering any form of concussion effects; that was not the injury.

I'm guessing Raymond's back in?

Who knew experience might be useful?

More like speed is useful.

The Ducks don't have particularly big defensemen.  They have big forwards.  So, the counter to their big forwards should be bigger Defensemen.  Instead, we're so caught up in Wolf, Ferland, Bouma, etc.  It's not where the focus should be.

More like speed is useful.

The Ducks don't have particularly big defensemen.  They have big forwards.  So, the counter to their big forwards should be bigger Defensemen.  Instead, we're so caught up in Wolf, Ferland, Bouma, etc.  It's not where the focus should be.

We were limited in scoring as much as we were exposed in defense. Unless you are suggesting we bring in Kanzig as a 6th D-man, we are limited in options to get bigger on the backend. Ramage is a tough D-man, but not overly big (6' 205 lbs). Potter is bigger but limited usefulness. Spoon played quite well, if not overly physical.

On the frontend, why not expose the smaller D-men on the Nucks?

We were limited in scoring as much as we were exposed in defense. Unless you are suggesting we bring in Kanzig as a 6th D-man, we are limited in options to get bigger on the backend. Ramage is a tough D-man, but not overly big (6' 205 lbs). Potter is bigger but limited usefulness. Spoon played quite well, if not overly physical.

On the frontend, why not expose the smaller D-men on the Nucks?

Been there done that, bought the postcard lol.

Let's up the pace of the game. All year long, when we've had to play to win, it came from elevated pace.

If the Ducks sweep us while we skate as well as possible, so be it.

But I'd love to see us play fast, fast, fast paced hockey.

We can't match their size.

Been there done that, bought the postcard lol.

Let's up the pace of the game. All year long, when we've had to play to win, it came from elevated pace.

If the Ducks sweep us while we skate as well as possible, so be it.

But I'd love to see us play fast, fast, fast paced hockey.

We can't match their size.

What describes the team from Anaheim, that rhymes with Suks? ;)

Was so much fun eliminating the Nucks, I used their name in vain.

Raymond was okay in game 3, but I've gotta ask, is his role 1st back on D?

There were occasions where even a soft forecheck would have won the puck. but he turns back.

I get roles, but he HAS to be harder on the puck.

Monahan is playing the same way, way too soft on the puck. But he DOES have the distinction of first back.

After the scoring chance by Mony, when the play was dead, Kesler put a "why?" crosscheck to Mony's lower back. Mony turned around and gave him a harder one back.

That was what, 7 minutes left in the 3rd?

We amped it up after that play.

If Raymond would show a "refuse to lose" out there, it would matter a lot.

Raymond was okay in game 3, but I've gotta ask, is his role 1st back on D?

There were occasions where even a soft forecheck would have won the puck. but he turns back.

I get roles, but he HAS to be harder on the puck.

Monahan is playing the same way, way too soft on the puck. But he DOES have the distinction of first back.

After the scoring chance by Mony, when the play was dead, Kesler put a "why?" crosscheck to Mony's lower back. Mony turned around and gave him a harder one back.

That was what, 7 minutes left in the 3rd?

We amped it up after that play.

If Raymond would show a "refuse to lose" out there, it would matter a lot.

Raymond has on the same shoulder pads he wore in pee wee hockey.  When you don’t use them they last forever.

It was good to see Monahan push back vs Kesler.  But until Monahan drops the gloves and gains some respect, he will be eating that BS his entire career.  I’m hoping he is taking these early years to strengthen up before attempting to dish out knuckle sandwiches to NHL'ers, but something tells me he doesn't have a mean bone in his body.  I want a tougher Monahan.   

Raymond has on the same shoulder pads he wore in pee wee hockey.  When you don’t use them they last forever.

It was good to see Monahan push back vs Kesler.  But until Monahan drops the gloves and gains some respect, he will be eating that BS his entire career.  I’m hoping he is taking these early years to strengthen up before attempting to dish out knuckle sandwiches to NHL'ers, but something tells me he doesn't have a mean bone in his body.  I want a tougher Monahan.   

What you are seeing is a 75% Mony.  I don't know what ails him, but there is no time to fix it now.  He will never be a douche like Kesler, though.  There are some that remain a gentleman (Lady Bing types) that are respected for their leadership and sportsmanship.  We can bring in a boatload of truculence to make up for it, if that makes you a better team.  Wait for Carroll (the name inspires toughness), Kanzig, Seilof (if he ever makes it), Morrison, Smith, that huge guy they just signed, etc.... 

There are plenty of players with loads of respect that don't drop the gloves. Attacking Kesler their would have lost us the game. It's what he was going for.

As for Raymond. He is what he is. A soft offence first player that can produce in spurts. He isn't a liability 5 on 5. But if he isn't scoring goals hr isn't doing much.

There are plenty of players with loads of respect that don't drop the gloves. Attacking Kesler their would have lost us the game. It's what he was going for.

As for Raymond. He is what he is. A soft offence first player that can produce in spurts. He isn't a liability 5 on 5. But if he isn't scoring goals hr isn't doing much.

We brought Raymond to (help) replace Cammi's offense.  If he isn't doing that, he better be hitting someone, winning faceoffs, killing penalties or blocking a shot.  Apart from skating and some forechecking, the only thing he provided was a sweet pass to Bollig.  Kudos for that pass, but that is it.  When he scores a good goal, or sets up the winner, then I will cut him a break.

I thought Raymond was pretty good in game 3. One of our better forwards for sure.

But I am far from his biggest fan (far from it) . The dude has been scratched multiple times in the playoffs. Which says Hartley isn't his biggest fan either.

I would never want to see Monahan drop the gloves with Kesler at that particular time.  Kesler was not looking for a fight, he was simply adding another bruise to an opposing player who has a history of never pushing back. 

Monahan has the size, he can defend himself.  Next year, I would like to see him drop the gloves and pummel a deserving opponent, hence gaining respect and creating space for himself around the league, similar to the way Benn challenged Iggy several years back in Dallas. 

Do you think Kesler would ever skate up to Iggy and cross check him in the lower back after play has stopped?  I don’t think so.  Iggy doesn’t have to fight anymore because he has drawn a line in the sand and everyone knows where it is.  Monahan needs to draw his line in the sand as well.

It's ironic Glencross is barely able to crack the Caps lineup just like Raymond is struggling to stick with the Flames.  In the end, i think both guys need to go. 

Next year, the Flames will have Bouma, Ferland, and Gaudreau on LW.  Most of us have Bennett on LW as well.  There's also Bollig and Byron on the LW somehow.  So, Raymond does not factor into any of the lines on LW.  We would have to play Raymond off wing on the RW but if he can't even cut it on his strong side, then forget about the RW.

RW is Hudler, Jones, Colborne, and maybe Jooris.  I believe Poirier will play full time next season.  Also, Flames signed Garnett Hathaway from college and just like Drew Shore, Treliving will make sure Hathaway plays at some point next season.

Basically, this is Raymond showcasing what he can do in his final days as a Flames.

Archived