Western Conference Playoffs - Round #2 Flames vs Ducks

DirtyDeeds

As much as I would love to think the Flames will win this series, it certainly isn't going to be an easy one.  However, this team in the playoffs looks different than the team that played all year (Bennett, Ferland, etc).  I'd love to say Flames in 6, but I think this one is going the distance.

Flames will split the games in Anaheim, and end up winning in 7

As much as I would love to think the Flames will win this series, it certainly isn't going to be an easy one. However, this team in the playoffs looks different than the team that played all year (Bennett, Ferland, etc). I'd love to say Flames in 6, but I think this one is going the distance.

Flames will split the games in Anaheim, and end up winning in 7

Hiller is on fire. Ferland and Bennett are having a real impact. The top line just broke out. Stajan, Backlund, Schlemko, and Jones have found a new level for the playoffs. The team is peaking at the right time. Plus Anaheim completed the dreaded sweep and hopefully won't be ready come Thu / Fri.

The Ducks are an excellent team without a doubt. They are resilient, consistent, and even-termpered. All teams have cracks to exploit though. I am not entirely sure that they have excellent goaltending. It seems off at times. I don't think they deal that well with speed. Winnipeg was swept, but they did appear to control significant segments of some of those games using their speed. Like all ice hockey teams, Anaheim tends to have periods where they appear less than intense. A veteran team will behave like that. So, if Hartley can strategize well and the boys buy in, I think we have a chance here in 7. The great thing about hockey is you never really know who will win on any given night. There are too many variables at work in the game.

By the way, now that the Canucks series is over, should we just fess up and admit that all Calgarians put into a fund to buy off the refs?  :o

No call. The coaching matchups only get tougher in the playoffs. It'll be interesting to watch Hartley's approach.

Maurice is a good coach too and couldn't quite get over the hump.

But Sutter did, last year. And Babcock did the year before.

Anaheim isn't unbeatable.

Flames in 4.

Because I always say that!

Flames in 7 after a tough as nails series, in which neither team will have enough in the tank to make it to the dressing rooms after game 7.  Sorry I just can't write of this team.

I do wonder for those who have Anahiem taking out the series, which to be far is the more likely outcome, if they have written it in pen, or if the fact that the flames are the flames gives them enough doubt just to pencil it in.

Archived