Will Buffalo lose out the rest of the season?

ABC923

They're bad.  Really bad.  Lose ten+ games in a row bad.  And now they have traded away a winger and a few prospects for an injured winger and a low level goalie prospect, traded away their best defenseman for someone new (who is at best equal to what they gave up), and traded away their starting goalie for an inconsistent backup.  So my question is this: Will Buffalo win another game this year, or are they roughly equivalent to an AHL club now?

Dagger to the heart of Edmonton's last overall hopes anyway.

Last season, the Sabres had 52-points which was one of the lowest point totals in recent history, not just the worst of last year.  With 27-games left, they need 17-points to tie last season and that's very iffy.

I think Stewart will get traded soon too.  Maybe Enroth will get traded if a playoff bound team gets into goalie health issues. 

Future is bright.  McDavid/Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, Zadorov, etc.  But that's like 2 or 3 more years near the bottom.

Last season, the Sabres had 52-points which was one of the lowest point totals in recent history, not just the worst of last year.  With 27-games left, they need 17-points to tie last season and that's very iffy.

I think Stewart will get traded soon too.  Maybe Enroth will get traded if a playoff bound team gets into goalie health issues. 

Future is bright.  McDavid/Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, Zadorov, etc.  But that's like 2 or 3 more years near the bottom.

Enroth was traded to the Stars for Lindback & a conditional 3rd according to TSN.

They're bad.  Really bad.  Lose ten+ games in a row bad.  And now they have traded away a winger and a few prospects for an injured winger and a low level goalie prospect, traded away their best defenseman for someone new (who is at best equal to what they gave up), and traded away their starting goalie for an inconsistent backup.  So my question is this: Will Buffalo win another game this year, or are they roughly equivalent to an AHL club now?

Dagger to the heart of Edmonton's last overall hopes anyway.

Buffalo is in full tank mode, IMHO. It is no longer a secret, if it ever was. Sure they get a decent player in Kane, and Bogo is good, but trading the goalie should be viewed as aiming to tank.

Buffalo is in full tank mode, IMHO. It is no longer a secret, if it ever was. Sure they get a decent player in Kane, and Bogo is good, but trading the goalie should be viewed as aiming to tank.

Actually Enroth isn't that good. Easily replaced by =/better as UFA & they just added to their future goalie pool. They also have lots of assets to trade for a more then decent goalie.

**************************************************************************************

I'm not usually into conspiracy theories (Ground control to Major Tom: take your protein pill & put your helmet on) but that Ehrhoff buyout followed by a cheap 1 year with the Pengies piqued my interest. July 1 he can re-sign with a stronger Buffalo team on a contract without recapture penalties.

Actually Enroth isn't that good. Easily replaced by =/better as UFA & they just added to their future goalie pool. They also have lots of assets to trade for a more then decent goalie.

**************************************************************************************

I'm not usually into conspiracy theories (Ground control to Major Tom: take your protein pill & put your helmet on) but that Ehrhoff buyout followed by a cheap 1 year with the Pengies piqued my interest. July 1 he can re-sign with a stronger Buffalo team on a contract without recapture penalties.

While Enroth is not that good, he is sporting a better record on a bad team. Lindback will be shed like Oiler fan's tears after losing McEichel.

They are in full tank mode and just days after the Oil's top sniper goes down (again) to injury. Both of those teams suck. Period. 

Neither one deserves McDavid. It's just too bad that last place can only drop one place in the draft. I hope a team in the low teens get's Connor. The NHL need to revamp their drafting process making it impossible to tank for 1st overall. 

Equally weighted chances for the bottom 14 teams not making the playoffs. One shot each. Whoever grabs that golden ball picks first.

This way, talking about tanking and the damage it does to the sports credibility would be a thing of the past.

The way i see it, Buffalo just upgraded their D.

I'm not a Myers fan at all. We've had our way vs him every time we play him. 

He's been criticized for his play ever since the 'he's doing well for a rookie/prospect" disclaimer has worn off...

That criticism gets waived off every once in awhile when he puts up a few points, but I don't see top pairing in him when i see him play.

Now having said that... he now has a decent team around him.  He has the tools to flourish... let's see if he does.

Also if Stafford walks on Wpg at the end of the yr... I then REALLY like the trade for the Sabres.

And my answer to the Thread question is, I could care less, but the league should.

--------------
I’ve argued this to death in the “should we lose for a higher draft pick” thread, I admit that I was one in favor of best pick for last place.  I was wrong, Peeps was right, I’m now a firm believer that the NHL system is flawed.  I didn’t realize teams would purposely stoop so low.  I realize the NHL has implemented changes this year and further ones next year which is a step in the right direction, weather it is enough, I don’t know.  To watch BUF and EDM purposely tank for a good draft pick is a slap to the face to their paying fans and a disgrace and embarrassment to the NHL.  As far as I’m concerned EDM and BUF should be excluded from this years draft lottery. :angry:

There's nothing wrong with what the Sabres or Oil are doing...

Oil especially came into the season with higher aspirations and expectations... simply didn't pan out

Buffalo not nearly as much... they were in tough from the get go... but they still brought in personnel in the offseason to provide their young guys with some stability... almost worked for awhile as well... they were about to pass Ott in the standings in Dec... but then the bottom fell out.. so it is what is.... happens every year... teams out of it sell their assets...nothing new here. Just cuz the prize is huge this yr, people are extra sensitive/bitter..

they brought in Gionta, Gorges, Moulson, Meszaros...

People screaming that the league should do something is simply ridiculous.

==========
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/kelly-shanahans-scorched-earth-leafs-plan-wins-mlse-support/article22938348/?service=mobile

Wonder if people feel that the league should step in stop the Leafs...

Admin Edit: cleared out the HTML markup for ya, DL :-)

There's nothing wrong with what the Sabres or Oil are doing...

Oil especially came into the season with higher aspirations and expectations... simply didn't pan out

Buffalo not nearly as much... they were in tough from the get go... but they still brought in personnel in the offseason to provide their young guys with some stability... almost worked for awhile as well... they were about to pass Ott in the standings in Dec... but then the bottom fell out.. so it is what is.... happens every year... teams out of it sell their assets...nothing new here. Just cuz the prize is huge this yr, people are extra sensitive/bitter..

they brought in Gionta, Gorges, Moulson, Meszaros...

People screaming that the league should do something is simply ridiculous.

==========

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/kelly-shanahans-scorched-earth-leafs-plan-wins-mlse-support/article22938348/?service=mobile

Wonder if people feel that the league should step in stop the Leafs...

Admin Edit: cleared out the HTML markup for ya, DL :-)

So you are saying DL that the Oil are just unlucky? That they just can't seem to catch a break? 3 number 1's in 5 years is just bad luck?

Hahahaha I thought you only trolled on the Van thread.  :lol:

He's setting up for when the Orca tank after the clones retire.

I just read the greatest thing ever.

"Imagine.... how many grinders you could trade McDavid for"

For some reason I actually tried picturing that and it is still hilarious. You could legit trade McDavid for an entire team of 4th liners, and I think the NHL would allow the trade on the whole basis of "I can't believe this is happening. Should we stop it?" "Nah man, this has to be a joke." "Ya you're right. No way  they could be serious, let's play along."  And then two guys at head office lose their jobs for letting the trade go through, and they aren't even mad. They just think Bettman is in on the joke

So you are saying DL that the Oil are just unlucky? That they just can't seem to catch a break? 3 number 1's in 5 years is just bad luck?

Hahahaha I thought you only trolled on the Van thread.  :lol:

That's actually not what i said at all.

Archived