Leaf "fans" charged and banned for throwing jersey's

Wrek

Didnt know where to post this, but this thread seems like the best.

3 TML fans were ticketed and banned from MLSE properties for a year, after tossing jerseys onto the ice in yesterdays Carolina vs TML game.

Honestly I think any fan that tosses their jersey on the ice deserves the same fate as those 3.

Didnt know where to post this, but this thread seems like the best.

3 TML fans were ticketed and banned from MLSE properties for a year, after tossing jerseys onto the ice in yesterdays Carolina vs TML game.

Honestly I think any fan that tosses their jersey on the ice deserves the same fate as those 3.

Do you think they Id everyone at the door on game day?  Doesn't sound like them 3 fans had any plans on returning anyways.   :lol:

Do you think they Id everyone at the door on game day?  Doesn't sound like them 3 fans had any plans on returning anyways.   :lol:

Why exactly would you need to ID someone at the door to see if they're tossing things onto the ice. That's kinda why they have so many camera's. To catch things like this.

Why exactly would you need to ID someone at the door to see if they're tossing things onto the ice. That's kinda why they have so many camera's. To catch things like this.

Slight misunderstanding.  What I meant was, how do they ban someone when they don't know who's entering their building?

Slight misunderstanding.  What I meant was, how do they ban someone when you don't know who's entering your building?

ahhh I see now, Yeah if I were them I would try and sneak in for another game after the fact lol.

I'm not sure how you would accomplish that without making you implement more safety precautions.

I am sure everyone here saw or heard about the Leafs wonderful game last night and the hat trick of Jersey's that hit the ice.

It appears that not only will the fans who voiced their displeasure be banned from MLSE facilities for a year they were also charged with "Engaging in a prohibited activity" which carries a ticket.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/maple-leaf-fans-charged-banned-after-jerseys-tossed-onto-ice-1.2919734

Amazing, granted Jersey's hitting the ice isn't how TO wants to make the news but to actually fine the fans who paid WAY TOO MUCH money to come out and watch that game... well that's a new low in my books.

HOCKEY CENTRAL: DISGUSTED BY DISRESPECT FOR DION :lol:

Just like a person can earn respect; a person can also earn disrespect.

Maple Leaf fans charged, banned after jerseys tossed onto ice - cbc.ca

Team captain Dion Phaneuf said he understands fans are frustrated, but said throwing jerseys onto the ice crosses a line.

"I think it's disrespectful to the organization," he said after Monday night's game.

A lot of frustration can build up after almost 47 years of futility. It could be worse.

I wonder what might eventually happen if the Nucks slide into obscurity again; 44 cupless years & counting.

HOCKEY CENTRAL: DISGUSTED BY DISRESPECT FOR DION :lol:

Just like a person can earn respect; a person can also earn disrespect.

A lot of frustration can build up after almost 47 years of futility. It could be worse.

I wonder what might eventually happen if the Nucks slide into obscurity again; 44 cupless years & counting.

"shooting the puck at dion" 

Like come on, if your job is to put the puck in the net and Dion stands in front of it are you suppose to just give up?

I would of done the same thing as staal, minus the dirty look maybe  :lol:

I am sure everyone here saw or heard about the Leafs wonderful game last night and the hat trick of Jersey's that hit the ice.

It appears that not only will the fans who voiced their displeasure be banned from MLSE facilities for a year they were also charged with "Engaging in a prohibited activity" which carries a ticket.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/maple-leaf-fans-charged-banned-after-jerseys-tossed-onto-ice-1.2919734

Amazing, granted Jersey's hitting the ice isn't how TO wants to make the news but to actually fine the fans who paid WAY TOO MUCH money to come out and watch that game... well that's a new low in my books.

What I found funny was the Phaneuf quote about it not being all fans (Doh, 3 from a crowd of 20,000) & him calling them select fans.

TML jerseys are hitting the ice in other cities. Last time the Leafs were in Winnipeg 2 hit the ice, 1 from the upper deck fell short & landed on a Jets fan (I think he took it home to use as an oil rag. :) ).

That's dissapointing they would ban them. I don't agree with the idea of throwing a jersey and I personally would never do it, but when you pay that much to wacth the leafs or nah team you have full right IMO to protest like that. Kick them them out sure but to ban them I think is wrong in a democratic society.

IMO the leafs are an example of what goes wrong when you cater to pressure of your market. Leafs have needed yk rebuild for a while but they believe their fans won't allow it so they follow the same blueprint every year to keep their fans happy.

That's dissapointing they would ban them. I don't agree with the idea of throwing a jersey and I personally would never do it, but when you pay that much to wacth the leafs or nah team you have full right IMO to protest like that. Kick them them out sure but to ban them I think is wrong in a democratic society.

IMO the leafs are an example of what goes wrong when you cater to pressure of your market. Leafs have needed yk rebuild for a while but they believe their fans won't allow it so they follow the same blueprint every year to keep their fans happy.

I find it disturbing that the police are being used as a tool to bring fans in line.  How is it any different throwing a hat versus throwing a jersey, according to what your ticket says?  If they want to clamp down on this kind of thing, there is already a rule (Octopus rule) that puts the home team at a disadvantage for throwing things on the ice.

Only in the "centre of the universe" I guess.

So if you boo is that going to become an offence too? Perhaps emotion is something we should ban from the rink in the altogether and we should just watch with indifference. If we can't throw jerseys in anger we shouldn't be able to throw hats in happy.

It all stems from passion, happy and angry can both show up, so might just as well ban all of it, call the cops...

How long until this guy is banned from Toronto games?

That was great...

Great writing and great voice. 

This Steven Ryan may have just opened the door for a real opportunity in the industry if that's what he was looking for..

(unless he's already known or something... have no idea)

That was great...

Great writing and great voice. 

This Steven Ryan may have just opened the door for a real opportunity in the industry if that's what he was looking for..

(unless he's already known or something... have no idea)

Have to agree. Someone sign this guy to a recording contract.

Archived