Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

Jets might lose Byfuglien to suspension for the rest of the season.

I saw the replay and I didn't think the intention was as bad as the result.  Miller slapped at the Jets's goalie's pads for a rebound and fell.  Byfuglien came over top of Miller with what is commonly seen as a routine shove/retalitation for slashing his goalie's pads.  A few inches away and the stick would've cross checked Miller along the shoulder pads instead of what unfortunately looked like a two handed guillotine to the neck of Miller looking like a decapitation attempt.  Just an unfortunate accident.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets might lose Byfuglien to suspension for the rest of the season.

I saw the replay and I didn't think the intention was as bad as the result.  Miller slapped at the Jets's goalie's pads for a rebound and fell.  Byfuglien came over top of Miller with what is commonly seen as a routine shove/retalitation for slashing his goalie's pads.  A few inches away and the stick would've cross checked Miller along the shoulder pads instead of what unfortunately looked like a two handed guillotine to the neck of Miller looking like a decapitation attempt.  Just an unfortunate accident.

The slow-motion looks bad. Cross-checking to the back of the head to someone already on the ice does not look like a hockey play, whether his intent was or not.

He will get 4 games minimum, just because it looks as an intent to injure.  Possibly 5 games. 

No teams were able to play any April Fool's jokes on the Flames.

The Sharks may have been pranked into believing they can make the playoffs with their win.

Also, despite losing, the Oiler's attempt at catching Buffalo or Arizona will prove to be futile.

2014-15%20Playoff%20Projection%202015-0440631

Its interesting how with 5-6 games left to play how many teams in the west are still theoretically in the race (IE not officially eliminated). It would be ridiculously unlikely for Colorado to make it, but still not mathematically impossible by the NHL calculations. (Though given Calgary, LA and WPG have to get a minimum of 4 points between them in the last 2 games we play by virtue of playing each other, I don't think that they can regardless of other results.)

I really hope Ottawa can pull into the playoffs over Boston. I like both teams, but Ottawa has the way better story this year.

The slow-motion looks bad. Cross-checking to the back of the head to someone already on the ice does not look like a hockey play, whether his intent was or not.

He will get 4 games minimum, just because it looks as an intent to injure.  Possibly 5 games. 

You nailed it. He got 4 games so will be back for the season closer against Calgary.

Watching the game it wasn't even noticible so didn't result in a penalty. It looks bad in slo-mo but every hit does.

I doubt there was any intent. Buff plays @ a high tempo but has a short rap sheet which shows he's not a head hunter.

You nailed it. He got 4 games so will be back for the season closer against Calgary.

Watching the game it wasn't even noticible so didn't result in a penalty. It looks bad in slo-mo but every hit does.

I doubt there was any intent. Buff plays @ a high tempo but has a short rap sheet which shows he's not a head hunter.

All I can say is that I want this final game to be meaningless to us.  We will have already made the postseason, and (hopefully) WPG has their position decided prior to this as well.  I don't mind a "pride" game, just don't want our season (or theirs) riding on the first game back for Big Buff.

Score board looks good if your a Kings fan or a Jets fan

Jets only got help by us losing. Yes, Minnie lost, but WPG is 5 back of Minnie who is the only team they can pass in the Central. In other words, the only way they get in is if they win enough to be ahead of CGY or LA.

I wish they would take a look at the Cal/Dal game and review that head shot on Monahan; that should have been a few game misconduct.

I wish they would take a look at the Cal/Dal game and review that head shot on Monahan; that should have been a few game misconduct.

It was as blatant as the Burrows hit against NSH. He wasn't suspended. There is a lack of consistency in doling out suspensions in the NHL.

Starting to get a sinking feeling here. The team just looks tired to me, even in their winning efforts. Would not be shocked if we lose to the oil on Saturday, they are going to bring it. Our best hope is probably if the peg can go on a little losing streak here. We have to shoot for wins against arizona and the jets and hope 95 points is all we need. The canucks can do us a real favour if they can beat LA and Winnipeg.

f01237eb1b90519816e0032c3d771450.png

With both teams having a game in hand one point back, Its really looking like if we're going to make it we may need to win out for our last 4 games.

That's doable, but difficult.

Not a good position to be in.

We can probably keep ahead of the jets with 2 or 3 wins because their next 3 games are really tough ones, but that would mean playing Anaheim the first round and we all know how that will end.

If we want to get past the first round, we need to hold down the pacific spot. That means basically winning out. Scary.

Archived