Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

Columbus...Despite your win tonight, you have been eliminated!

Winnipeg opening up a back-up plan for the Flames as everyone automatically thinks LA will surge into the mix.

I think with the nice weather in Alberta, the ranch is now ready for Dutter's other skillset.

Hope the traditionalists are in favour of my modified charts.

The conference seedings, division standings & the wild cards are clearer now.

2014-15%20Playoff%20Projection%202015-0338848

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pyro:

Your chart is easy enough to follow. Not as pretty as the one showing the team crest...

This is one of the tightest races every experienced. The WC total seems to change every other day. WPG and LA running out of real estate. Flames shouldn't take that as a chance to slack off.

PO'd at the result of the Orca game, even though they only managed a shootout win (AKA fake win). If we win the next 2 games (and VAN loses 2 - ABC baby), we have equal ROW, and actually win the tie-breaker.

Best case scenario is we get the Nucks with us getting home ice. After that whoever gets the 2nd Wild Card team is hooped.

I'm more used the other 1 but will quickly adapt to this 1.

Old dogs can be taught new tricks. :)

Columbus...Despite your win tonight, you have been eliminated!

Winnipeg opening up a back-up plan for the Flames as everyone automatically thinks LA will surge into the mix.

I think with the nice weather in Alberta, the ranch is now ready for Dutter's other skillset.

Your charts are excellent, please keep up the good work!

PO'd at the result of the Orca game, even though they only managed a shootout win (AKA fake win). If we win the next 2 games (and VAN loses 2 - ABC baby), we have equal ROW, and actually win the tie-breaker.Best case scenario is we get the Nucks with us getting home ice. After that whoever gets the 2nd Wild Card team is hooped.

The way the canucks play at home u can have it...I like your confidence.

What would happen if Minny drops Chicago into a WC?

Winnipeg - 90:

Chicago (03/29)

Rangers (03/31)

Vancouver (04/04)

Minnesota (04/06)

St Lous (04/07)

Colorado (04/09)

Calgary (04/11)

It looks like Winnipeg could be in for a 5-game losing streak starting right now.

One down for the Jets, 4 more to go.

Two down for the Jets, 3 more to go.

The way the canucks play at home u can have it...I like your confidence.

What would happen if Minny drops Chicago into a WC?

Well, 1st in the Pacific is out of reach.  The best we can hope for is 2nd.  Of all recent years playing the Nucks, this one we actually have a team that could compete in a playoff series against them.

CHI could easily end up in the 1st or 2nd WC spot, playing either ANA or NSH; either way they have a very tough time winning that series.  I find it odd that the former powerhouses in the West have been slipping more than a drunk Oiler fan outside Rexal.

- STL is playing horrible lately and can't seem to win more than once every 3 games.  

- ANA has been inconsistent

- NSH has been losing too frequently recently; is that due to Weber?

- VAN is winning barely enough to limp into the playoffs

- CHI has been losing way too much; Kane is rumored to be coming back early?

I love the flames so don't get me wrong but LA has been in this postion before and seem to slim out of it don't count them out. Those jerks always bring it when they need it and as far as Edmoncuck  goes there looking for the Mcdavid cup so I wouldn't bet on them trying to win to hard except when it comes to Calgary I don't think they want us to sweep them. I sure hope I'm wrong like I am usually Go Flames GO. Being on Vancouver Island with My flames flag sweeping the landscape I am getting a lot of beeps and fingers I am finally getting the attention I deserve LOL .

Well, 1st in the Pacific is out of reach.  The best we can hope for is 2nd.  Of all recent years playing the Nucks, this one we actually have a team that could compete in a playoff series against them.

CHI could easily end up in the 1st or 2nd WC spot, playing either ANA or NSH; either way they have a very tough time winning that series.  I find it odd that the former powerhouses in the West have been slipping more than a drunk Oiler fan outside Rexal.

- STL is playing horrible lately and can't seem to win more than once every 3 games.  

- ANA has been inconsistent

- NSH has been losing too frequently recently; is that due to Weber?

- VAN is winning barely enough to limp into the playoffs

- CHI has been losing way too much; Kane is rumored to be coming back early?

winning barely enough ?  They have 7 wins in there last 10 games and 5 of those wins were blowout type scores. Those include scores of 4-1 vs LA, Tor, Philly, and St Louis ,and a 5-2 vs the Jets.

winning barely enough ?  They have 7 wins in there last 10 games and 5 of those wins were blowout type scores. Those include scores of 4-1 vs LA, Tor, Philly, and St Louis ,and a 5-2 vs the Jets.

Looking at the last 4 games....

Thu, 26 Mar 2015 Avalanche Canucks 7:00 PM FINAL COL (4) - VAN (1) video.gif?v=8.25   Recap

Sat, 28 Mar 2015 Stars Canucks 7:00 PM FINAL DAL (4) - VAN (3) OT video.gif?v=8.25   Recap

Mon, 30 Mar 2015 Canucks Blues 5:00 PM FINAL VAN (4) - STL (1) video.gif?v=8.25   Recap

Tue, 31 Mar 2015 Canucks Predators 5:00 PM FINAL VAN (5) - NSH (4) SO video.gif?v=8.25   Recap

Two wins after regulation (one being a shootout), win over STL and loss to COL.  Not exactly lighting it up in regulation.  OT and SO are meaningless in the playoffs, as they don't use 4v4 for 5 minutes.

Thu, 26 Mar 2015 Avalanche Canucks 7:00 PM FINAL COL (4) - VAN (1) video.gif?v=8.25   Recap

Sat, 28 Mar 2015 Stars Canucks 7:00 PM FINAL DAL (4) - VAN (3) OT video.gif?v=8.25   Recap

Mon, 30 Mar 2015 Canucks Blues 5:00 PM FINAL VAN (4) - STL (1) video.gif?v=8.25   Recap

Tue, 31 Mar 2015 Canucks Predators 5:00 PM FINAL VAN (5) - NSH (4) SO video.gif?v=8.25   Recap

Two wins after regulation (one being a shootout), win over STL and loss to COL.  Not exactly lighting it up in regulation.  OT and SO are meaningless in the playoffs, as they don't use 4v4 for 5 minutes.

Using 4 games is a bit selective especially when you consider 2 of those games came on a back to back night.  But if we take out the OT and SO that means they are 1-1 in 2 games. Bad loss to Avs and a controlled win vs St Louis. Cant really judge either way when we only look at 2 games

And yet another chart.  This has turned into a 3 team race for the final 2 playoff positions.

efb1b8c2238ddc9428e54ba5a6055e4a.png

LA has the easiest schedule, but needs the most points, though they also have game in hand.

Calgary has the most points and holds the tiebreaker, however, our schedule is not terrible but not easy either.

WPG definitely has the worst set of teams to finish out the year.

Honestly, our playoff seeding (or making it) likely comes down to the last two games. That's kinda scary.

Just goes to show you how crazy it is.  Any of these teams could reach 100 points.

CGY  91-101 possible

LA     88-100 possible

WPG 90-100 possible

Theoretically two could hit 100 (or 101) and the other could miss the playoffs with 98 points. That would be insane.

Hoping for Calgary and Winnipeg to hold their positions.

Thu, 26 Mar 2015 Avalanche Canucks 7:00 PM FINAL COL (4) - VAN (1) video.gif?v=8.25 Recap

Sat, 28 Mar 2015 Stars Canucks 7:00 PM FINAL DAL (4) - VAN (3) OT video.gif?v=8.25 Recap

Mon, 30 Mar 2015 Canucks Blues 5:00 PM FINAL VAN (4) - STL (1) video.gif?v=8.25 Recap

Tue, 31 Mar 2015 Canucks Predators 5:00 PM FINAL VAN (5) - NSH (4) SO video.gif?v=8.25 Recap

Two wins after regulation (one being a shootout), win over STL and loss to COL. Not exactly lighting it up in regulation. OT and SO are meaningless in the playoffs, as they don't use 4v4 for 5 minutes.

I prefer a slightly broader view of them... 9-3-1 in their last 13... ties their high mark for wins in a month this season.

All wins in regulation except the last one, but it was a great one : second night of b2b, vs a rested 102 pt team, comeback from 0-2 and 2-3...

"Limping" is not an accurate description for the Canucks...

"Limping" would be the flames with 5 losses in their last 9.

"Limping would be the kings with 5 losses in their last 9.

"Limping would be the jets with 3 losses in their last 4... (7-6 in their last 13)

Vancouver has won when they needed to, other teams have not.  I hate to say it but really the teams who have struggled that are in the playoff hunt with for playoff spots I would rank this way.

4: Van

3: Flames

2; LA

1; Winnipeg

Jets have faltered the most in the finally games of the season. It is a dog fight right now between Flames, Jets and LA. 

Really the team I wish wouldn't make it would be Vancouver, but they have won when they have to which is key at this time of year. 

I prefer a slightly broader view of them... 9-3-1 in their last 13... ties their high mark for wins in a month this season.

All wins in regulation except the last one, but it was a great one : second night of b2b, vs a rested 102 pt team, comeback from 0-2 and 2-3...

"Limping" is not an accurate description for the Canucks...

"Limping" would be the flames with 5 losses in their last 9.

"Limping would be the kings with 5 losses in their last 9.

"Limping would be the jets with 3 losses in their last 4... (7-6 in their last 13)

If you like, I will says congrats for winning 2/4.  Two games decided in 4v4 OT or shootout, one win and one loss.  Would you describe that as being dominant?  They were the last 4 games played.  I included the other teams that were struggling, and no I didn't include the Flames because I was talking about other teams.

If you like, I will says congrats for winning 2/4. Two games decided in 4v4 OT or shootout, one win and one loss. Would you describe that as being dominant? They were the last 4 games played. I included the other teams that were struggling, and no I didn't include the Flames because I was talking about other teams.

Don't know about dominant, but I sure wouldn't describe it as limping.. heh

What does being dominant mean to you? Regulation wins?

Then only a fluke goal by the Preds kept it from being a dominant win i guess.

Despite the fact it was shootout win... that was simply a great comeback character win.

Blues couldn't generate anything vs a us... that was dominant any way you wish define it.

One bad loss vs the Avs hardly makes for a limping team... no matter you wish to cut it...

Last 2 gms: 2-0

Last 4 gms: 2-1-1

Last 7 gms: 5-1-1

Last 10 gms: 7-2-1

Last 13: gms: 9-3-1

Last 77 gms: 45-27-5

* The Canucks haven't lost to a team with a better record then them since January.

But you can't win em all... so we give the Colorado's and Columbus's  gifts every once in awhile...

Thinking LA gets a little closer today....limping eh! ;)

I have faith in "Tank Nation" to the north of CGY.  They are playing for their jobs in some cases.  You have to think they will rally around the goalie tonight (Bachman??) and give him a win.  They have no fear going into tonight, and LA is gripping their sticks tightly.

ANyway, big night for the Pacific division.

Archived