To Matt And Katie Stajan

s4xon

Matt and Katie, our hearts go out to you both in this time of sorrow.  Life is precious, and nothing will ever take precedence over that fact.  Thoughts and prayers go out to you both, your family, and to those that have lost their own. 

Hockey is a 2nd thought, a job, a past time.  Take all the time you need, as we as fans, brothers, sisters, and families, will be waiting with open arms and hearts to welcome you back. 

Our sincerest condolences,

Your fans.

From TSN (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=446543)

FLAMES' STAJAN THANKFUL FOR SUPPORT FOLLOWING DEATH OF SON

CALGARY - Calgary Flames forward Matt Stajan says he's thankful for the support he and his wife Katie have received following the death of their infant son.

Emerson Stajan died March 3 following his birth.

Stajan is currently on leave from the Flames.

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the incredible outpouring of love and support, during this very difficult time," the Stajans said in a statement released by the Flames on Monday. "All of you have touched our lives with your kindness and compassion, and we truly appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.

"Our son, Emerson, will forever be in all of our hearts. Thank you for taking the time to think of us, and grieve this unbearable loss with us. It means so much, and we are grateful for all of your support."

Stajan signed a four-year extension with the Flames earlier this year. He has 10 goals and 13 assists in 52 games this season.

Matt returned to practice today and will be in the lineup tomorrow night against the Sabres...

Some quotes from Matt...   http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=709962&navid=DL|CGY|home

“Obviously you realize what the most important things are in life and that’s family,” the Calgary Flames forward said. “This is like my second family coming here. Everybody’s been so great and helpful. Going on the ice, it’s a nice place for any player to get skating and clear the mind. It’s been refreshing the last couple days on my own skating and to get back on the ice skating, it’s another step. It’s exciting for me to move forward here."

“I want to play. You’ve got to keep taking steps forward. I want to get right back into game action. That’s what hockey players want to do. That’s the plan and I’m excited to get right back at it.”

Archived