Official 2013 Nhl Draft Day Thread

s4xon

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Klimchuk. At least it wasn't Fucale or Petan.

I don't think that he is a LW matters. 

I love the Steve Larmer comparison. If he can be that type of player, I will be super happy.

Lots of skill with these picks.

it's official, Feaster and Co just blew the rebuild in this draft.  Fire the Mgt and Scouting team JUNK!  Outside of Monahan, (thank god he didn't blow that), otherwise, completely elbowing the bed!

To be fair, you don't rebuild in one draft.  There is still Ekblad (Draisitl for me) next year and McDavid the year after.

Monahan: 31g, 78p in 58 games

Poirier: 32g, 70p in 65 games

Klimchuk: 36g, 76p in 72 games

When you look at the players on the whole, even if we're frustrated for missing out on Shinkaruk or some others like Hartman or Hagg, we added 3 diverse players that have some serious offensive skill and high hockey IQ.

To be fair, you don't rebuild in one draft.  There is still Ekblad (Draisitl for me) next year and McDavid the year after.

Well, if the goal was to be in range for McDavid...Guess they did well, lol!  

Seriously though, there was a great opportunity here to do MUCH better, like a Crt? a D? Seriously we DID NOT need another LW.  The only way this makes any kind of sense is if they go hard after Vinny and a D in FA.  Even then, it's just a stop gap.  They really have no idea what the hell they are doing do they?

Seriously though, there was a great opportunity here to do MUCH better, like a Crt? a D? Seriously we DID NOT need another LW.  The only way this makes any kind of sense is if they go hard after Vinny and a D in FA.  Even then, it's just a stop gap.  They really have no idea what the hell they are doing do they?

If these picks turn out to be offensive dynamo's, then they have trade value.  After they've risen their stock, thats when you go for the D or the RW's of quality.

I agree, they had many more alternatives.  Little miffed they didn't take Hagg or Zykov, but what can we do?

I predict many of our family here, but not all, will be pleased with our 1st pick but there may be considerable miscontent with the 2nd & 3rd picks. Of course we will have to wait for all these player's development (long or short) for the final verdict to be realized.

As I said B) Time will be the ultimate judge of this draft...

Skepticat.gif

None of the players outside the top 10 really have a good shot at playing in the NHL this year.

We traded Tanguay, Cammalleri will be gone after this year that leaves Baertschi and Glencross, when Klimchuk and Poirier are ready to step up to the NHL Glencross will be ready to move on.

The main thing is to get assets. Calgary did that IMO.

Now we have,

Glencross

Gaudreau

Baertschi

Poirier

Klimchuk

I think we move Glencross and Gaudreau plus this off-season.

No, I think we just get a couple guys to skate backwards on the right wing. That solves the problem.

BTW, we also have a glut at C.

Stajan, Backlund, Knight, Horak, Reinhart, Jones, Arnold, Jankowski...

Archived