Official 2013 Nhl Draft Day Thread

s4xon

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2013 NHL Draft Day Thread.  As we all know, this draft is one of the most exciting and most important drafts in Calgary Flames history.  Many of us have logged long hours researching, speculating, lobbying, and arguing who will be next high end prospect to wear the Flaming C.  For some unsuspecting fans, they will get their wish, for others there will be some disappointment.  Come have some fun with friends and board members as it will be a day to remember.  For those of you who are new to the boards, welcome, and the refresh button is your friend.  Try not to break it.

Lets go over some House Rules shall we?

• For the absolute safety and sake of televisions everywhere, please refrain from having mobile objects such as shoes, remotes, empty bottles/cans, small dogs, cats, and/or loose pillows any where in the vicinity of reaching distance from your sitting spot. A possibililty of a pick/trade coming from left field may arise, and we don't want any casualties folks.

• There will be no wasting of beer or alcoholic beverages by ways of accidental spilling, neglect of leaving it sit too long, or spitting it out due to reaction of a bad pick/trade.  After all, someone else could have enjoyed that brew.

• Food is acceptable.  Our menu today consists of Pizza, Nachos, Chicken Wings, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Steak, Sausage, any sort of BBQ, Onion Rings, Fries, Beef Jerky, and Chips.  Candy/chocolate is acceptable.  Salads must be accompanied by at least one type of dressing.  Veggies must be consumed with dip or they will be excommunicated from the living room/den.

•  No heated arguments, talking down, or belittling of opinions and thoughts.

•  Lets have some fun!  But not too much to the extent that you piss yourself while passed out.

-For your convenience, here is a list of sites/sources to guide you through the draft-

Draft Prospect Rankings

TSN Bob McKenzie - Final List

NHL.com - Final List

ISS - Final List

THN - Final List

The Fourth Period - Final List

MyNHLDraft.com - Final List

Mock Drafts

TSN - Craig Button

SN - Sam Cosentino

Bleacher Report - Rounds 1 and 2

NHL.com - Steve Hoffner

CalgaryFlames.com - Torie Peterson

CalgaryFlames.com - Kristin Hallett

CalgaryFlames.com - Bryce Forbes

Calgary Herald - Unknown

Trade Tracker

TSN - Active Trade Tracker

Player Contract and Team Cap

(In case of trades and/or player acquisitions)

Cap Geek

Official 2013 NHL Draft List

NHL Official List

2013 Entry Draft Pending Transactions

Final Calgary Flames Draftees

Round 1

Round 3

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Hard work required to put this together is an understatement :D

Strange how today feels like the 1st game of the season to see what we have moving forward.

Don't disappoint us Feaster & Company!

I predict many of our family here, but not all, will be pleased with our 1st pick but there may be considerable miscontent with the 2nd & 3rd picks. Of course we will have to wait for all these player's development (long or short) for the final verdict to be realized.

I've been up all night fine-tuning the new media centre on the Bandwagon, and it's now ready to go.  Someone said it was "open bar" today, too.

The A/C's been recharged and it's nice and cool in here.  Meetcha in the media room. (did I mention we're auditioning new servers for the Bandwagon today, too?)

HOUSTON, we have t minus 2 hours and 57 mins till lift off, all personal please report to battle stations...... THE DRAFT IS COMMING!

I'm ready! WOOO....

I got my tissues, lotion, rum and a teddy bear. Oh and scissors, tape and rope. 

I am driving my family absolutely crazy today LOL, I think there more excited for today to be done then I am for it to be here.....

I've been stomping around my house for the last hour yelling "THE DRAFT IS HERE" and banging a pot with a wooden spoon. My girlfriend may kill me by days end :D

Does anyone know where I would be able to stream the draft live online? I am currently living in Switzerland, so I won't be able to get it on TV. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Does anyone know where I would be able to stream the draft live online? I am currently living in Switzerland, so I won't be able to get it on TV. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

TSN.ca or NHL.com should have it.

http://mobile.thescore.com/    If no luck with tv, this app is really good - it will show u the picks as they come in (very good general sports app as well).

In a few hours, we will finally know who the #6 pick is and I can't wait, the suspense is killing me...

Who will it be?

0ab51bf74e02cdba65f64e02fbbd26f5.png

If Feaster takes Shinkaruk with #6, I'm going to freakin' lose it...

#22 and #28 concern me as well, but not quite as much as #6, take Shinkaruk at #22 if he is still there...

As we all know, today's draft is critical for the Flames future...

Today is a big day for the Calgary Flames. I hope you guys luck in the draft, you hold a lot of cards and could easily come out today with a great base for your future. I'm predicting (if you keep the picks) Monahan and Fucale for the first two. Third is a wild-card cuz a lot of guys could drop, but I'm gonna say Zykov.

Archived