Eastern Conference Playoff Thread 2013

DL44

6 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely team to pull the upset

• The Islanders
    • The Senators
    • The Rangers
    • The Maple Leafs

Last night Campbell suffered a broken right leg blocking Malkin`s shot, and is done for the season...

It was impressive how he stayed out on the PK...   It reminded me of when the Flames Jones toughed it out for the rest of his shift...

I made fun of him for being Colin's little boy for a few years but in the past few he's earned my respect. He merits a spot from his own hard work.

When his daddy was in charge of discipline we referred to Greg as Boston's "Get out of Jail Free" card. :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it, and Im not saying that cause Im a Pens fan. The Pens in the regular season beat up on the Bruins with their speed. Then they added Iginla, Morrow and Murray for the specific reason of beating the Bruins physically. I dont see a single catagory where Boston has the edge over Pittsburgh. The Pens are scoring about 4 goals a game, which is something Boston cannot do and Boston doesnt have the defense and goaltending to limit the Pens offense. I see Pittsburgh in 6, with 1-2 games being close and going to OT.

And I agreed with you. :lol:

It seems to me the Pens came out and tried to intimidate Boston. What an epic disaster. Going for the hits while Boston stayed calm and made plays. The Pens got angrier.

It seems everything about them is deflated right now, they've gotta get short memories and just play the opponent, because the head game thing was an epic crash landing.

A supposedly true story.

After the Bruins kicked the Pens 6-1 there were a few Boston reporters on a plane. A baby started crying loudly near the back. The pilot comes on the PA & asks if Crosby is on the plane.

:lol:

:lol:

The name Crosby is just an anagram of the words cry and sob...   :)

"Crosby and Malkin were pointless in this series."

And on top of that, they didn't get any goals or assists either.

Fist time ever that when they were both playing, that they went 4 games without either getting a point...

Boston'll need the rest, Chicago looks extremely healthy, with a much different recipe than Pittsburgh.

St Loo would have killed Pittsburgh, that was 1st rd matchups.

Hopefully it's not over-the-top Boston bandwagon, especially those giving Pittsburgh an excuse.

It'll be a rude awakening if it is.

Toews isn't Crosby and Hossa definitely isn't Malkin.

Waay harder players.

Boston'll need the rest, Chicago looks extremely healthy, with a much different recipe than Pittsburgh.

St Loo would have killed Pittsburgh, that was 1st rd matchups.

Hopefully it's not over-the-top Boston bandwagon, especially those giving Pittsburgh an excuse.

It'll be a rude awakening if it is.

Toews isn't Crosby and Hossa definitely isn't Malkin.

Waay harder players.

I said much the same in the Western Conference thread, but I'll say it again here...

It does`t matter who wins the series between the Kings and the Hawks...   Boston is taking the cup back to bean town...

Rask has his focus turned up to 11, and is in the same kind of "goalie zone" that Quick was last season...

and I still haven't forgiven the Hawks for when their bench clapped and laughed while an injured Flame was being helped off the ice a couple of seasons ago...

Go Bruins...   :)

beargif_zpsd81554b7.gif

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link and sometimes a team is only as good as their worst player.

I think all series long, Jarome Iginla has been one of the worst players for the Pens.  When he was good, he was "okay".  When he was bad, it was "bad".  Unforced turnovers, not reading his linemates, not receiving simple passes, not making a good pass, being too nice with the puck and keeps trying to pass instead of doing it "lucic style" and taking it hard to the net.  Everything we loved about Iginla in the '04 run was not to be found.  Iginla has become a perimeter player.  A softie.  What's bad is that he isn't a dominating player when he's that type of player.  He needs to be a puck hog.  He needs to take the puck to the front of the net even when a linemate is open along the boards.

Maybe he picked the wrong team.  The Bruins play a style that suits his game better (ironically, Jagr fits into Pittsburgh better than Iginla).  The Bruins play a simple game overall.  Cycle the puck, get it to the point for a shot, get bodies infront of the net for a rebound/deflection.

I was, and is even more so now, very disappointed in Iginla's tenure in Pittsburgh.  I felt he never asserted himself well despite what his stats were suggesting.  He's an excellent boards player but Pittsburgh never kept the puck along the boards very long.  He has a great one-timer shot but he seldom got open.  Plus, when he did get the puck in the open, he chose to pass.  It's something about being nice that prevented Iginla from scoring goals.

If i was Pittsburgh, i wouldn't even want Iginla back unless it's for a one year deal at $2-mil or less.  Plus, Iginla has to promise he'll be a puck hog and shoot the puck more.

Anyways, i feel bad for Iginla.  I think this might be the best and last chance he will have to win the Cup.  He could possibly try to sign with LA, Chicago, or Boston next season but i doubt those teams want him.

I said much the same in the Western Conference thread, but I'll say it again here...

It does`t matter who wins the series between the Kings and the Hawks...   Boston is taking the cup back to bean town...

Rask has his focus turned up to 11, and is in the same kind of "goalie zone" that Quick was last season...

and I still haven't forgiven the Hawks for when their bench clapped and laughed while an injured Flame was being helped off the ice a couple of seasons ago...

Go Bruins...   :)

beargif_zpsd81554b7.gif

You, my friend, are on crack.

Chicago will shrug at that bear! Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson.

Uh-oh, this isn't Pittsburgh. :)

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link and sometimes a team is only as good as their worst player.

I think all series long, Jarome Iginla has been one of the worst players for the Pens.

I think a good number of players failed to show up for the Pens in the series...   Including Crysby and Malkin...

I also believe that Bylsma did not utilize Iggy properly...   Including his line-mates, and his assigned territory on the PP...

Maybe he picked the wrong team.  The Bruins play a style that suits his game better (ironically, Jagr fits into Pittsburgh better than Iginla).

I agree...  

I was, and is even more so now, very disappointed in Iginla's tenure in Pittsburgh.  I felt he never asserted himself well despite what his stats were suggesting.

My comment above on utilization covers this, and also other points you have made...

He has a great one-timer shot but he seldom got open.

His shot at the end of the 3rd tonight almost bought the Pens at least some more time before they were eliminated...   Rask robbed him...

If i was Pittsburgh, i wouldn't even want Iginla back unless it's for a one year deal at $2-mil or less.  Plus, Iginla has to promise he'll be a puck hog and shoot the puck more.

Iggy will get considerably more than that wherever he signs...   He ain't done yet...

Anyways, i feel bad for Iginla.  I think this might be the best and last chance he will have to win the Cup.  He could possibly try to sign with LA, Chicago, or Boston next season but i doubt those teams want him.

Boston might be sour on him, and I would not be a happy camper if he went to the Hawks...   I am not a Kings fan either, but he might be a good fit there next season if they could make room for the cap hit without giving up any key pieces...   That said, it would not be good for the Flames to have to face Iggy on a regular basis...   Like I said, he ain't done yet...   :)

You, my friend, are on crack.

Chicago will shrug at that bear! Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson.

Uh-oh, this isn't Pittsburgh. :)

Have you ever seen a bear scrap with a hawk?...   :blink:

It ain't pretty, and the worst thing is, it isn't even a good snack for the bruin...   :lol:

Archived